Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 03:36 PM   #61  

Height: 5' 7"

Molly, the Dress Barn in Spring Meadows closed. The closest one to me is on RT. 20 in Perrysburg. ugh.

Stevie, it's not that I am picky, I just have to start dressing different. Remember I was a college student for the last 2 1/2 years. I got really used to the jeans and sweatshirt look (well not in this heat ). Now I am in a very professional office. I even feel like a country bumkin when I am in my suits. I wish I could go back to jeans. :sigh:

Last edited by lppennington; 07-27-2006 at 04:30 PM.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:43 PM   #62  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Stevi~~ you are right ... how i forget sometimes just because he's been with the kids for so long and i am always in the middle of theyre fights i guess i just got so used to it....... But thinking now OH YEAH drama galore i forget at times,, ecspecially now that hes not home that much so i dont have to play referee everyday . forgive me ever since he went to the police academy all of our lives have changed, for the better i might add i mean besides the fact we all miss him soo, but heck yeah him always telling me "well YOU better tell those kids this or that " then the kids come back with well tell dad this or that it madding at times i just wanna run and hide my head in the sand untill things smooth out!! i have told my husband earlier this year that i WANT him to take charge more he's been a great friend to my kids but we are all getting older and becomeing a stronger family unit i told him it's time to step up to the plate and become they're father he agreed and it's going well: sorry for the long post i just totally forgot
Old 07-27-2006, 09:01 PM   #63  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Melody(and the other with step advice)--thanks for the advice..SD says she wishes I disciplined her and not went to her dad and told him to do it..I think she just misses her mom and since I know more of the "world" then DH does, I am the meanie when I say no.Last night, she and 5 other 14 y/o kids wanted to go to the bowling alley unsupervised from 9pm until 11 pm...I said no way and DH said that is fine..We end up arguing because he lets her do a little too much because he tries to "make it up to her that mom died". Since Hurricane Katrina, this is such a different place around here to live..I just worry about girls in a place that is not in a good area without grownups around...

Lisa--Glad the job is going well even if the clothes are not...

Stevi--the shots always got to me..I think we have a slew of them when she turns 4..

Karen--she is cute..I am thankful for the one I got but get alittle down when I think about not having anymore..I have a friend at work having fertility problems so I am more than thankful to have had 1 successful pg. Congrats on the weightloss!!

Off to go to bed...3:15 comes way early!!! Work is too busy since school is starting in less than 2 weeks, everyone want surgery!!!
Hello to all posters...
Monique--Still around????
RR
Old 07-27-2006, 09:26 PM   #64  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Man, I have to post more than once a day to keep up! I keep reading, but I don't always have time to post!

RR, SD1 told you she wishes you disiplined her?? But yet she hates you?? What's up with that??

Lisa, one of the reasons my recruiter was always soo frustrated with me is because I refuse to work in a professional dress office...has to be business casual, becuase I refuse to spend a couple hundred on one good suit, never mind 5!! I thought the office I'm at now was professional, but I took it anyway because it's a Big 4. Found out the first week that it's business casual, but not quite as BS as some companies...I can wear khakis though. I've done well at Avenue for work clothes.

Stevi, Here I am!! I haven't bought anything at LB in years...they got too expensive! Their jeans never used to fit me right, because they were made bigger through the hips, and my weight is in my middle, not my hips. Now I'm just too damn fat for anything....
Hope Logan's doing OK now! You haven't heard screaming at the Drs. until you've heard Robby!! I wish I had a tape recorder!!

Karen...I need to cuddle that sweet girl!! Alex looks soo proud of her!

Fit, good for you getting up at that ungodly hour to exercise!

Mel, I'm sure that 1.4 will be gone next week...and then some!

Man, I'm tired...DH fell asleep with the boys...now it's my turn! Night all!
Old 07-27-2006, 11:13 PM   #65  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone,
got the exercise in.....working on a project and so I haven't had dinner yet, and hubby hasn't gotten home.

Eating has been ok today...stayed on track.....next big obstacle...the weekend!!

btw i'm still sore from yesterday's workout. I'm not sure but i might just get on the treadmill in the morning. I just need to prep for tonight.

Sorry I can't be much help in the STEP department. I wasn't crazy about my dad's shackjob.....her sister was my mom's best friend. By then I was already 16 and stuck being very responsible. I did what I could when I was there, and most of the time when I was there visiting at my dad's....I did my best to stay out of the way or just made myself useful. I was used to that....being in charge when Mom was at work....I had a younger sister and then surprise, Mom got pregnant. I have a brother who's old enough to be my own DS. The STEP (as she so often referred to herself) was for the most part polite i guess for my dad's sake. they were no good for each other. But she never tried to fight with me. She'd just try her best to embarass me. She was that way to everybody though.

ok, enough of my babbling....I'm going to fix myself some dinner. Hubby said he was on his way home from work. I'll be in bed early again to get some exercise in and try to mentally prep for work. Fridays for me are like Mondays for everyone else...
Old 07-28-2006, 12:43 AM   #66  
Former Frump

S/C/G: 205/175/149

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up hey, wasn't that a tv show?

30 Something, I remember that show. They all seemed so OLD to me then...and now, here I am... How the heck did that happen??

Anyway, I'm Bastet, 31 and half-way to my goal of losing 56 lbs. Motivated to lose for reasons of health, energy, and wanting to feel sexy again.

I'm approaching this with much the same mindset that I had when I quit smoking 4 years ago. I have been addicted to sloth and eating unhealthily, and I have to give it up in order to live. I can't go back, ever, to those old bad habits.

This doesn't mean that I can't enjoy eating, but I need to be in control of what goes in my body, and make better, more informed, choices.

Might seem a bit extreme to some, but it is what keeps me from slipping, the determination to gain control of this the way I did with my smoking habit of 13 years. And I'm gonna make it!!
Old 07-28-2006, 02:46 AM   #67  

Height: 5'6"

RR sounds like your stepdaughter really loves you, like a lot of teenagers love their parents, lol, they love them but want their freedom and so they argue and say they want to be away from them. Like I said, someday she'll realize that you really cared about her when you said you didn't want her out doing things that were dangerous. I'm sure it's a lot harder since she lost her Mom. I would hate having to get up for work at 3:15am!! 5am is bad enough, lol.

Karen, she is beautiful, they are both cuties!!

Lauren, thanks for the encouragement, I sure hope it is!! I'm having hope, lol.

Holyteror I work weekends, so Friday's arent' as exciting for me as they are for everyone else either, lol. Hope your weekend goes well.

Bastet what a neat name! welcome to the boards! I loved that show 30 Something. Grats on the 28 pounds lost and being halfway to your goal!! I can't wait til I'm halfway to my goal, unfortunately halfway is going to be something like 74 pounds lost, how sad is that!? WTG for stopping smoking, my Mom and stepdad just stopped 4 months ago, she's smoked pretty much my whole life and since she was a teenager, I am so proud of her! I never thought I'd see her quit smoking!!
Old 07-28-2006, 07:27 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 180/178/120

Height: 5'1"

Default Bad Spit, Bad

Well, so far week number 2 hasn't been very good--I know I've gained back some of the 5 pounds lost last week because I've been eating like my old self and not as much exercise. I'll find out Saturday when I weigh in. But, not down yet, I'm going to kick it in again today. I'm also going to give myself some rewards. The old me spent between 15-20 dollars a week on junk food, grabbing a pop, candy bar, getting a personal pizza on the way home from work for dinner, etc. I don't spend a lot of money on myself anyway, but never thought twice about buying junk food because "it would make me feel better or I deserved it". But of course it just made me more fat. So what I'm going to do if have a reward jar--if I go through a day on my food plan and don't cheat, I put in a $2 card. If I go through a day on the food plan and meet my exercise goals, I put in a $ 3 card. (Nothing too great because I"m not made of money) At the end of the week or whenever I feel like I need to reward myself, then I add the cards up and get something that won't make me fat! LIke a new pair of earrings, perfume, lipstick, etc. And if I cheat or don't exercise, no cards. Maybe these little rewards will add an extra motivation. Can't hurt. Have a great Friday everyone!
Old 07-28-2006, 08:18 AM   #69  
LBH

Good Morning All!!

Bastet, Congrats on reaching the 1/2 way point!! That's awesome! I remember that show, but I don't think I ever actually watched it...may have seen an episode or two.

Spit, Get back on track! Sounds like a good plan you've got!

Holy, Don't push yourself too much! Maybe you should just do the treadmill, let your body rest a bit today.

Have a great day all!
Old 07-28-2006, 09:11 AM   #70  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Morning all,
I got up and did cardio/weights this morning. I stayed on plan for dinner!! Gotta get lunch fixed up...I may just have a frozen dinner and salad today. I won't spend so much time fixing up a pita (i separate veggies/meat/cheese so it doesn't get soggy) and more time to enjoy it. we'll see how i feel in half an hour

I will try to workout again tomorrow and rest on sunday. I have no other plans with sunday, and I need to prep for next week. I'm working an extra hour every day during the week so i can leave early on friday....gotta meal plan and be ready for it
Old 07-28-2006, 11:46 AM   #71  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Good morning,
Why is it just when you open your big mouth about something the exact opposite happens?? My speaking of DS#1 not hating me....I spoke too soon. He hates me NOW!! He has been spending by FAR too much time with his new friends from summer school, yesterday I called him 3 times (maybe 4) and He didn't hear/feel it...sorry Mom. I took him to school @ 7am and did not see his smelly self til 8pm. I was gonna hurt him! So today I have band practice. I told him this morning I will be picking him up @ 4pm and bringing him home or he can come with me....school gets out @10am or so I was thinking...OK, 6 hours is plenty O time. He threw a fit...LITERALLY! Got out of my car...SLAMMED the door, telling me "thats gay....and this sucks!" I immediantly got out of the car and short of strangling him told him to be in "this EXACT spot at 10:10am or you will not see the light of day for weeks!" He tryed getting into the car to smoose and apologize but I drove off. Buttface!! Like I'm gonna just leave him ALONE with his "friends" while I'm in another COUNTY! Not to mention the total overkill as of late anyways. Argg! If he's not there @ 10am all **** will break loose....lemme tell ya. On a happy note Logan is feeling better. Still sleeping funny. OH and I lost 2 LBS! Yippee!! Might even be 3 but you can't trust my scale to I took the highest average of 5 weighs. I will be in the teens for sure next week! I'm excited!! Sorry for the vent...I just happened. Have a great day!
Old 07-28-2006, 12:02 PM   #72  
LBH

Sorry Stevi....sounds exactly like something I would do! Hope he's there...for his sake!
Old 07-28-2006, 12:03 PM   #73  

morning ladies just checking in, will chat later busy at work
Old 07-28-2006, 12:44 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 230/230/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi,
I'm a newbie. Went to the doc's yesterday and weighed in at 228! Wow what a shock! Where did those pounds come from? Still recovering from a couple herniated disc's and a pinched nerve in my neck. My activity has been very limited. I started the stationary bike and treadmill yesterday at the gym at work, but unfortunately the gym isn't opened on the weekend until Sept.
I'm trying to eliminate the sugar, wheat and flour from my diet and it's really a challenge. I would love to hear from some of you to help give me a jump start. I'm happy to be a part of this group.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:00 PM   #75  

Stevi~~ Boy i am soooo right there with you i have 3 teenagers and each one loves to test me just to see how far they can go ...LOL well i hope he is there

LBH~~ how are you doing

Holly WTG keep it up

Monkey and Baset

Melody i also tried 3 times to quit smoking but started back up it is one of my goals this year is to quit again and stay off the ciggs i figure when i lose 25 lbs thats when i quit that way its only a 5 lb gain (average) so i'd still be down 20

anyways I had an ok evening i made wise choices i went to kfc to get my husband his dinner and i soooo wanted some but i didnt i was very proud i took his home and i made me and the kids a healthy dinner . Im supposed to weigh in today and i really wanted to but its the tail end of my TOM so i didnt im gonna wait on that, i hope all is well with everyone ..i dont have the internet at home so i'll check in when ever i can ( my friend has the net) this weekend
Closed Thread