Old 06-19-2005, 05:02 PM   #1  

Default The anwser?

So, what is the best diet? I don't know if I should go low carb or low calories?
People on low carb seem to lose really quick, but everyone say that it creeps back quick? I'm needing to lose about 100lbs.!!!
cindy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 05:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 366/359/175

Height: 5'8"

Both work equally well. Low carb diets tend to cause a faster weight loss in the begninning, but a study of people on low carb and low cal diets over the course of the year showed that the weight loss average was the same for both. However, low carb diets have a much lower retention rate of people who can continue to stick with the plan for 6 months or longer.
Solus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 07:31 PM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Cindy & Solus! Welcome! I'm not sure the answer to that, but I'm sure overall a healthy diet is best.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 12:35 PM   #4  
No description available.

Check out some of the posts on the maintainers forum. The answer really seems to be a sustainable lifestyle change, where calories burned are greater than calories in. Cut calories in a way that you can live with and on, and exercise. Sounds so simple, hard to do, maybe. The process is easy, the discipline is hard.
Good luck.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 01:54 PM   #5  
On my way!

I think it depends on the person.

I had tried just about everything, and failed. WW was the answer for me just because there are really no foods that you can't have and it also teaches portion control (which I needed badly ). Good luck with whatever plan you choose
Smoo is offline   Reply With Quote