Old 06-14-2005, 08:21 PM   #16  

Edith, glad you are getting back to normal. I took four days off exercise, the most since I began in January. My kids were running high fevers and vomiting, my DH was recovering from a vasectomy and we were staying with my parents - somehow I couldn't justify making the time for myself.

I made it back to the gym today, got in my weights, some cardio and some yoga/stretching and my mood improved dramatically (I've been sad, my 98 year old grandmother passed away yesterday morning - the passing was a relief in a way, she was living a compromised life). Then, the weather dropped! It was in the mid 80s when I went to the gym and in the mid 60s when I left. I much prefer it cold.

Hang in everyone, I think if we can make it through this week, the next season will hold some great, positive changes for us all.
Momadance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:20 PM   #17  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Moma--Sorry about your grandmother..
What is the deal with sickies in the house????
Let's see--#2 has ear/sinus infection--She got a Rocephin shot and Z pack today and K has pink eyes and is on Vigamox drops($60 for 3 ml of medicine Thank goodness for co-pays!!

Hope everyone is better!!!! Glad things are better Edith and with the kids!!!
We all must move into the bubble!!!
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 06-15-2005 at 07:26 AM.
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 08:18 AM   #18  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Geez, keep the sickies away from me!! Our whole household seemed to be sick all winter/spring, right now we're all healthy! Hope all the kiddies/mommies/daddies are healing and feeling better quickly!

Moma, sorry to hear about your grandma, but thankful she's at rest now.

LB, take it easy! what were you thinking running in new shoes?!

I officially joined Curves last night. I was a little reluctant, because I had only gone a few times in the month I had. But I realize that 90% of my problem is having my clothes ready. Had a really nice talk with the owner last night also. So now I'm commited to at least a year.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 08:37 AM   #19  

Smile Things are looking brighter

Good morning ladies!! I made it to the gym this morning, and I'm now sitting down to my morning coffee Things seem to be getting back to "normal"--whatever that is! I was not Wonder Woman with my work-out, but did manage 45min on the bike this morning. To quote Martha Stewart, "It's a good thing".

Momadance I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. It is never easy to say goodbye to someone we love, even when we know it's coming. I am sure that your time away from your exercising didn't help your mood much, and I'm hoping you'll feel heaps better by just working that exercise back into your routine. It does seem to have a dramatic on your mood in general--amazing, isn't it?

RoadRunner, Oh no!!! Another house of sickies!! How did the human race ever survive without modern medicine? I thank my lucky stars everday that science is so advanced that we are able to overcome these illnesses without any lasting adverse affects. And I'd have to agree...as much as I complain about insurance companies,I have to admit, we'd be in the poor house if we had to pay out of pocket for all of our families medications/surgical procedures. Long live the co-pay!

LBTEPA sorry to hear that your new sneaks are giving you troubles. But on the other hand, I'm so excited that you "let the cat out of the bag" about doing your 1/2 marathon!! Now you are officially committed. Keep your goal in sight!! I understand that a lot of successful athletes use visualization to attain their goals. Have you heard of this? YaY for your little one, for walking on her own. These types of milestones are bittersweet, aren't they?

LBH, way to go with your commitment to Curves! I know that you can do it!! For me, it was about plunking down the money for a 1-year membership. I wouldn't be able to live with myself, if I didn't utilize the membership, and just let that money go to waste. Dh works hard so that I can stay home with the kids, I would feel too guilty about wasting that money for a membership, and not using it. That's my motivating factor at 5am every morning

O.K. I'm off to clean my house. It is a disgusting mess. I have neglected it for the past week, while I was trying to nurse myself back to health, and now it's so icky, I can't stand it.

bye for now

edith

Last edited by mom2twinz; 06-15-2005 at 08:44 AM.
mom2twinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 08:43 AM   #20  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

My child thinks he is a fish! He wants to swim ALL the time. If he's not swimming (OK, walking around in the pool) he's playing on the slip 'n slide. He's too funny, when he asks to swim he says "wim" and thrashes his arms around. It's hilarious. We are having playgroup here today and I'm making him wait until they get here. You'd think I was killing him.

Lisa: Good luck with your homework.

Edith: I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better. That will give you a whole new attitude! Hope the little ones are feeling better too!

LB: That's not me fighting with DH. I think you meant Road Runner. Hope your running injury is feeling better soon. It would suck to miss your race after talking about running it.

RR: Ugh. IL troubles totally suck. I can comiserate a little. My SIL and I don't get along, but I'm lucky that DH supports me. He says I do not have to talk to her or be around her if I don't want to. So, I don't! I hope your little ones are feeling better too!

Moma: I'm so sorry about your grandmother. It's so hard to feel sad because they are gone and yet happy that their suffering is at an end at the same time.

Lauren: Cool on the Curves! Now that MIL is free to sit, I wish I could go. I can't swing the fee right now. DH's Navy duty is over in December, so we will have to evaluate the budget again. It's going to hit us pretty hard. We will be loosing $200/month!

You guys have an awesome day!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 10:52 PM   #21  
LBTEPA

Oh Karen I do apologise, I am so sorry!
LBTEPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 07:36 PM   #22  

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I ran out to Target the other night and got a scale, I haven't owned one in years, decades? Since last century? Anyway, I've held steady over the past week, which I consider fantastic. I got back to the gym today, did cardio and weights and may do a yoga dvd tonight.

How does everyone else fit their exercise in?
Old 06-17-2005, 08:13 AM   #23  
LBH

Hi All,

Moma, I just joined Curves, so my goal is to try and go at least 2, preferably 3x a week. I like the idea of it, because there's no question about what to do. I go, I do my thing, and I'm done in about a 1/2 hr. It's great for beginners. I think someone that is used to exercising or in shape, my be bored with it. Good for you!

Edith, good for you making it to the gym. And you know, cleaning house counts as exercise!!

Karen, Peter is a little fish too! We have to get them together this summer to go swimming. At least DH will not be at risk to go to war anymore!
Old 06-17-2005, 08:46 AM   #24  

Talking Hurray!!!

Check out my ticker!!! I haven't weighed-in since 6/5, and this morning I stepped on the scale...I'm down 5 lbs.!!!

Wow I can't believe my eyes I know that I haven't been as "good" as I normally would, as I was so sick for so long (that translates into LOTS of popsicles), and I was off my exercise routine, but I think i am in shock. I was totally not expecting this...but I'm happy for me

Off to start my day (with a little "spring" in my step)

edith
mom2twinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 05:57 PM   #25  

Yahoo Edith! Congratulations.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:49 PM   #26  
LBH

WTG Edith!!!
Old 06-18-2005, 03:39 PM   #27  

LBH, I've never been inside a Curves, but the ads make me weepy in a good way. I did my eliptical and my yoga today. I'm going to count mowing the lawn yesterday as my exercise, it is a big lawn and takes about 2 hours to mow.

I'm not used to weighing myself everyday and saw a big jump (4#s) between yesterday and today, but am attributing that to my period. Am I kidding myself or could I have really gained 4# that quickly?
Old 06-19-2005, 02:37 AM   #28  
LBTEPA

yay Edith!
Go Moma!
LBTEPA is offline   Reply With Quote