Old 01-23-2005, 11:07 AM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default **Week of~~January 23~~**

Good Morning Everyone!

Well, we are snowed in! Here are some pics of Alex before it really got bad:

Going up the hill.

Sliding down the hill.

We haven't been outside yet today. There's about 10 times more snow now. I'm waiting for the poopy diaper of the morning to be over before I put all those clothes on him! I'd hate to have to take it all of again and then put it back on!

I hope everyone is having a super weekend! We'll be outside playing.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 11:22 AM   #2  
No description available.

Wow! In general I am a warm weather weenie, but I have to admit it would be fun to be snowed in at least once in a while. Looks like he was having a fun time!
Jen
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 11:50 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

:lol Karen, great pics! DH & Peter were outside this AM shoveling/playing. Peter had soo much fun!! We've got over a foot!! Today is Peter's birthday, so we're hoping that my brother & SIL come over so Peter and his 2 cousins can build a snowman or something. They're not that far away and have an SUV. The rest of the family isn't coming because they're in Central Jersey and don't want to travel up. I don't blame them, it's only about an hour, but would probably take them forever today. They did have a travel ban earlier, but I think mom said it got lifted around 10 am.

Jen, I'm with you, I would love to live somewhere that is warm, or at least mild (still have a Fall season), but I love it when it snows! What I would do to have a snow suit and make snow angels!! Where are you? I have been told that gentian violet is good and may work faster. Honestly, I think I'm just too lazy to go to the health food store and get some, and don't feel like having purple boobs and baby mouth for a few weeks! But if the Nystatin doesn't work quick enough, I'm open to anything. Pumping every 3-4 hours around the clock is getting old VERY quickly! There's nothing worse than having to get up during the night, wake up DH, warm a bottle, then pump...except doing it twice! I have to remind myself that if I don't drag myself up and do it, I'm going to be a sore, leaky mess when I do get up!

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 06:41 PM   #4  

Midwife: It took me 2 1/2 hours to shovel/snowblow us out and then 1 1/2 to do the same for the inlaws. Of course we have a blizzard and a foot of snow right after DH has hernia surgery. I just fell asleep in the bathtub! You can come up and play in my snow anytime you want!
Old 01-23-2005, 08:48 PM   #5  

Hello everyone, I hope it's ok for me to join right in (I was invited).....

I live in Florida and have only seen snow once back in 1988 (I think) when it snowed here and the whole city had to close down. It was at Christmas so that was pretty neat, the first and only white christmas I have ever had! I could not imagine living somewhere that cold! I am a true Floridian, born & raised and really prefer the temp to be 70+!! We just had temps in the 70's a week ago but we were freezing last night and pretty cold today. I live in Jacksonville and we all are hoping for warm weather for the super bowl in two weeks.

I have three children (13,5,& 23mths) and am married. I work from home full time and keep my 2 youngest with me until my 5 year old starts kindergarten this August. As I have put in other posts I am thinking of having one more baby but really need to get this weight in check before I get pregnant. I would really like to get to know others with similiar goals and hopfully make some friends.

Thanks for the invite to post....
ashana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 08:50 PM   #6  

Lauren & Karen: I feel for you. I'm in Reno we had snow like that for 2 solid weeks. It was a mess but the snow days were a blast! Winter break was extended for a week. I love the snow but I hate driving in it. Playing with your kids in the snow is so much fun. We played til we were pink then we ate soup and drank hot cocoa.

Last week was a good week for my goals. I am down 2 more pounds and still committed to my workout. I start school again tomorrow. This semester my classes are all online so that eliminates alot of the stress I had in the fall.
Good Luck to everyone this week.
Sandra
abounding_joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 11:07 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Ashana, welcome to our little group. Just join in! you can comment to anything. As for living in Fla, I was in Jacksonville in 1999 for a Browns game and it was pretty cold. Of couse projected temps were supposed to be in the 60's and thats how we packed, but in route, on the plane, they changed it to low 40's. Anytime you want snow your more than welcome to visit Ohio. I didn't get as much as the others, it was only about a foot.

Abounding Joy, what are you going for. I am in school for a duel major in Business Management and Marketing. I have 3 accelerated courses and one full length course. I started on Thursday and then was supposed to have a class on Sat., but it was cancelled.

KarenK, your son looks so cute. Oh to be that young. - No I don't want all that again.

Hello to everyone else that I missed.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 05:08 PM   #8  

Thanks for the welcome...
Well I promised myself that I would start WW again today and did well until my little girl asked me to open the potato chip bag. I work at home all day on the computer and it getting a little boring so I tend to snack if there is something here. Usually there isn't but with the playoff games on yesterday we had chips in the house. I didn't eat a whole lot, probably only 6 pts worth but now I feel bad like I can't even stick to program for 1 day. Don't worry though, there is always tomorrow.

I gotta get ready to take my daughter to dance class so I will have to get back to ya'll later...
ashana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:29 PM   #9  

Lisa,
I am getting my BS in Early Childhood Education from UNR. Right now I am finishing some general ed and some core classes at the community college. I have 9 credits this semester so maybe I'll be too tired to eat! LOL
Sandra
abounding_joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 09:36 AM   #10  
LBH

Hi All,

Wow, Robby's in his car seat/carrier sleeping and I actually got a good part of my kitchen cleaned!! WooHoo!! Actually, it was just the dishes, and I reorganized my small counter top and a few drawers that I just hadn't gotten around to organizing since we moved in. I still have to clear the table and take it apart because it's too darn big for the kitchen. It's a rectangular farmhouse type table, and I really need a smaller round table...like 38" or so. The big table has become a "flylady hotspot"...I think that's what she calls them...where things collect.

Also have to get a handle on all the laundry in there. I have a closet with the W/D in the kitchen, and all my clean stuff is waiting to be put away. Most of it is folded, but I still have 2 loads to fold. Honestly, it's times like this I'd like to narrow down all of us to like, 10 outfits each and that's it!!

I made a protein shake this AM and it's soo good. I put a 1/2 banana, about a 1/4 c. blueberries, 1 cup 2% milk, ice and the powder in the blender...yummy! I think for now I'm going to just try and be more sensible about what I'm eating...healthier. I'm still considering going back to WW too, but I have to find out if there's a center close to here. Probably not, probably the one by work is the closest, which isn't that far from here. I have to see what they're offering nowadays.

What's everyone having for dinner tonight? I think since I'm thinking about it, and it's still early, I'll through some chicken, veggies, and egg noodles in the crock pot with a can of LF cream of something soup. Sounds good. Anyone ever cook noodles in the crock? I never have, just wondering if they should be in the whole time, or just maybe a few hours (on low)?

Have a great day all!!
Old 01-25-2005, 10:22 AM   #11  

Hello All,

We are having a lazy day today. The cable guy was supposed to come, but of course the cable started working perfectly today. Figures!

Lauren: I'm trying to get us in a healthier mode of eating. Last night for dinner I made chicken with garlic/lemon sauce. It was so easy. I just butterfly the chicken so it's thin. Then I pan sautee it in about 1 1/2-2 T of olive oil until done. Remove it from the pan. Then I smash up/chop 2 cloves of garlic and soften them in the remaining oil. Then add 1 c. of chicken stock (I made my own, but you can use canned), the zest and juice of 1 lemon and let it reduce by almost 1/2. Then add 2 T of butter and as soon as it's melted pour it over the chicken. Oh, add salt and pepper to taste before the butter goes in. I served it with jasmine sticky rice and YUM YUM YUM! It was *so* good. Andy practically does a dance of joy everytime I make this sauce.

Ashana: Hello and welcome! No invitation needed. Just jump right in. And hey, at least you only ate 6 pts worth and not the whole darn bag! Chips are a big downfall for me. We buy the variety pack of 1 oz bags. That way even if I eat the whole bag, not much harm done. Now Alex gets at least part of the bag so I don't even eat the whole bag. Before I would have gotten myself another one cause, hey, I didn't get the whole one. Now, I just share and only have part of one. I find that I do better if I don't try to take everything away from myself.

Sandra: Sounds like an interesting course of study. I'm thinking about becoming a substitute teacher once my little one starts to school. I have a BS in Occupational Therapy so I might take a couple of classes our community college has for subs. I thought about going back for another degree, but my DH would probably shoot me if I said I wanted to do that. I went to school for computer programming two years ago and I hated it. I finished because I was too stubborn to give up and my DH gets mad everytime the subject comes up. I just wasted all that money!

OK, I hope y'all are having a great day!

ETA: When I have it, I put 1/2 -1 c. of white wine in the sauce. I didn't have any yesterday and it was fine without it.

Last edited by KarenK; 01-25-2005 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:31 PM   #12  

hello everyone. There are so many new people here - I'm definitely going to have to try to stick around more. I don't know hardly anyone!

My sister had her baby on Thursday (and thanks all for the well wishes!). Everything went fine and she is such a sweetie - Ava Claire is her name. I enjoyed my time with her. Babies are so fun.

Jen - I skimmed the posts and saw that you are down to around 177 (I think). Cool! What are you doing? I need a swift kick in the patoot as I gained all the weight back that I lost last year. Bummer.

gotta run make dinner and practice piano. Think I might hit the hot tub too. Note: it was 66 degrees here today (midwest) - hope this great weather hits some of you too.

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 09:36 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Abounding joy, I have 12 credit hours. My History of Ireland class is the only class that is not excellerated. I also have Advertising, Human Values, and Basic Ecology that ARE accellerated. the last two I mentioned are 8 week courses and Advertizing is every other Sat. from 8 am - 12:15 pm. I will be glad when this semester is over. Oh and I am a stress eater!

Rabbit, Congratulations on becoming an aunt again! That must be so fun. I wish I could spoil a baby. I'd adapt one as a niece or nephew if I could. I just don't know anyone with a newborn.

Lauren, I know it's kinda late, but we had roast beef, carrots and potatoes, gravy and a salad. It was very good.

Midwife, that is not fair telling your temps. It is suppose to get down to 0 degrees here tonight. I have flannel pajamas and sheets. (Which is not good if you try and move) Hopefully we get what you have!!

Hello to everyone else that I missed.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 09:39 PM   #14  

Hello to all.....just skimming the posts real quick. Stomach not feeling to good right now, so will be quick.

Karen: Cute picture of Alex in the snow.

Ashana: Welcome to the group! I live in the panhandle near Pensacola.

Rabbit: That is such a cute name for a little girl. Glad you got to spend some time with her. Enjoy the hot tub tonite!

Lauren: Your smoothie sounds good. What brand/type of protein powder do you use? I have been looking for one, but not sure what to buy. As far as dinners go, I am kinda burnt out on food lately and am tired of the same ole things, so can't help much in that dept. However, your dinner in the crock sounds delicious. Let us know how the noodles turn out, I have never tried them in the crock either.

Hello to everyone else........
JackBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 10:37 AM   #15  
LBH

Hi All,

Jackie, I bought some vanilla soy protein powder at BJ's...I don't recall the brand (and I'm too lazy to run upstairs to look! ) It's in a big round canister and comes in vanilla or chocolate. I haven't tried the chocolate, but only because I wanted to make fruit smoothies and thought vanilla would match better. You mix 2 scoops w/8 oz. milk. It's not bad at all, especially with fruit mixed in.

Dinner turned out good, but I ended up using potatoes instead of egg noodles. #1, couldn't find the noodles and #2, the potatoes were starting to grow appendages, so they needed to be used! I'm creative if nothing else...not much of a cook. Most of all, it was just nice to have dinner ready to eat when DH & Peter got home. Have to do that more often.

Rabbit, CONGRATS to your sis! How big was Ava Claire? Did everything go alright with the delivery? 66°?! Wow, wish we could get a heat wave like that! We're just getting pounded with cold and snow. In fact, it's been flurrying on and off all AM.

Karen, thanks for the recipe, sounds yummy and I actually have some lemons in the house...maybe I'll make that for tomorrow night.

HELLO to everyone else!