Old 12-12-2004, 09:04 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default **Week of December 12th**

Hi All,

Finally got a chance to get on the computer...let me tell you though, I won't be making it a habit to get on Mom's PC, it's soooo darn sloooooow. She has a cable modem, but the computer itself is probably about 6-7 yrs. old, maybe more, and I guess it needs more memory or something. DH finally got our computer desk up yesterday, so now he just has to get more wires or something, so he can hook it up to mom's modem...or whatever he's doing so we have internet!

I'm sooo happy I don't have to go to work tomorrow, but I do have to stop in and finish up some things that they won't be able to figure out! I printed some updated info out for them, but forgot to put it into the binder I made up. I did leave my numbers for them though, in case they have a big problem.

Hope everyone is having a great Holiday season soo far!

Jackie, Soo glad you've finally got internet back and you're moved in!! Have fun with your dad. Hope the house sells quickly for you! (Post some pics...or send them to me to post!)

Rabbit, you're soo prepared! I bet your tree must be gorgeous...the last one you posted sure was! Ours is up now, but it's a silly little fiber optic one and it looks kind of moth eaten to me!

Honestly, I have not started shopping, but I only have to get Peter, my 2 neices and 2 newphews, and DH. DH will probably get something for the 2 kids on his side, and I know he wants to get my newphew some comic books, because he's really into reading right now, which I think was a slow start. My neice will probably want a gift card to somewhere.

The Lemon was in the shop again this past week. This time it needed a P/S pump, hazard switch (2nd time!) and drive belt. The pump & switch were covered by the extended warr., but the belt wasn't. It was only 34. though, and the labor was covered since they were in there already. Now that I have a few weeks (hopefully) by myself, I'm going to start looking around for a used minivan.

We bought a new sofa & loveseat!! I'm soo excited, it's brand new, from Huffman Koos (are they all over?) They're going out of business, and it's a really good furniture store, solid wood frames and all. It was a 1500. set marked down to 997., and I got it for 897.! Hopefully we'll pick it up early this week. It's right around the corner from us, but DH is in the midst of installing a new exhaust on his P/U, and is having issues, so I don't know yet. I'll post pics when we get it.

Anyway, I gotta go start doing some work around here, just wanted to check in! Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 10:33 PM   #2  

Hello all.....................I'm back and I'm starting to feel exhausted from the weekend drive to get my Dad. I left Sat morning around 6AM, and left this morning from his place around 6AM to come back to our house. Dad is doing good, he cried when he seen our new house, because he really wanted my Mom to be a part of it and she's not. I'm like Dad, don't start crying because then I will lose it. They held a candlelight cermony last night at the cemetary where she's buried, and that was really nice. Until they got to the end and sang Silent Night and we all lit our candles, but we got thru it, tears and all. I am so glad to be spending the holidays with him. I know it will probably be harder as it gets closer to x-mas.

Lauren: I will try and work on some pictures. My regular camera broke and I would really love to get a new digital camera and learn how to post pictures. I guess you are counting down the days. Please have DH call someone and let us know when you have the baby!

Karen: The house is nice. I have so much still that I need to do, but I am not going to be in a big rush to do it. I am just glad we are moved in.

Rabbit: Your tree sounds really nice. I am disappointed with my tree this year. It just doesn't look right to me, almost like something is missing, or maybe I just need to buy a new tree for the new house. LOL

RR: Hope your doing okay

Hello to everyone else
I am going to run on to bed, gotta go to work tomorrow, then meet with the realtor to put the old house on the market. Hope everyone has a good Monday.

My plans tomorrow are to drink lots of water!

Jackie

Last edited by JackBlack; 12-12-2004 at 10:36 PM.
JackBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 10:04 AM   #3  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning all,

I just got home from dropping DH off at the airport. He's going to be in Atlanta for the next three days. The next three days are going to drag!

Jack: I'm glad you will be able to spend the holidays with your dad. That will make it easier for both of you. Have fun getting the house all settled. Good luck getting the other house sold. I hope it goes quickly for you.

Lauren: Enjoy the time off before the baby comes!!

Hello to all the rest!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 11:14 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all!
Jack enjoy your dad's company while you are near, also remembering the fun memories of your mom will help the both of you. I am with you on drinking the water.

I have my work Christmas Party today. Luckily we are going to Olive Garden, the bad news is we are going to Olive Garden. I love their food!!! I don't have any italian in me but I think I should. I think I am going to get stuffed chicken marsola. My stomach is growling just thinking about it. I hope no one brings goodies. Although for my bosses and the person who's name I picked I made homemade cookies in a tin.

Well I had better get going, I have to finish getting ready. Talk at ya all later.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 05:32 PM   #5  

hello. I thought my shopping was done but I had to return a gift for my sister today and find something new. I like this gift better anyway. I got the Christmas cards in the mail today.

Lauren - I had to be prepared! I mailed dsd's gifts today - she spends Christmas with her mom. Also mailed things to dh's nieces and nephews - had to get it done because we're going to FL for 2 days this week... dss gets into port and he's been gone for 6 months. Then I come back and ds gets home Friday from school. So now I'll have time to play tennis with him, watch movies, play games and cook! (when I have to!) ~ Hooray on the new furniture! ~ I'm surprised you remembered my tree!

Jackie - the candlelight ceremony sounds really nice.

Karen - I'm sure you'll find something to do with dh gone!

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 07:36 PM   #6  

Good evening everyone. This will be real quick, waiting on DH's parents to come visit with my Dad. They all get along great and love to see each other. I am happy to say I got in lots of water today. I am going to try and do it again tomorrow. For me that is one step in the right direction.

Thanks everyone for the kind words you said regarding my mom and getting thru the holidays.

Lisa: Hope you enjoyed Olive Garden, I really love that place.

Well gotta run and entertain.

Jackie
JackBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 02:57 PM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Sorry I've been MIA...I really just can't stand waiting...getting locked up...waiting...waiting... Drives me crazy!! Yesterday I had an appt. w/my MW at 12:30, lost another pound for a total of 11 lbs. gained this PG. BP was only 118/68! Just amazing... Baby sounds great...now if I could just remember to take the darn evening primrose oil! Then I went to work to smooth over some things that needed smoothing...ended up staying til after 5!

Today DH is home sick, he's got a sinus infection, just left for the Drs. a bit ago. Peter's finally sleeping! I went to the dermatologist and had this "thing" removed from my nose...no idea what it was, maybe a wart, maybe something else, but he was pretty confident it was benign, because of the shape. It was pretty annoying, like a zit gone mad! I told him now my almost 2 y/o won't have anything to point at and say "mommy's boo-boo"! I was very brave, the put a shot of novacaine in there, then cut it off and burned it! The novacaine was the worst part, he had to give a 2nd shot because the first didn't do it. It hurt like h*ll!! He warned me it would be a lot more painful than the dentist, but done in a second, because it's not as deep. He was right.

Stopped at DD and treated myself to a large Vanilla Chai on the way home! DH & BIL are picking up the new furniture tonight, I'm soo excited!!

Jackie, the candlelight ceremony sounds really nice. Glad you & dad have each other for the holidays! YES, go buy a new tree for the new house! (And treat yourself to a new camera!! Do a little research online about digitals and go for it!

Lisa, hope you had a good time at Olive Garden, I love it there! DH & I were there Friday night for dinner. I have to say I was pretty disappointed in the chicken parm, which I always get, I think they changed it or something. The salad and breadsticks were great though!

Karen, hope you're enjoying the time with DH away and not moping!!!

RR, where are you?!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 05:14 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone, I hope ya'll are in the Christmas Spirit.

I have got everyone done, all the baking is done, I don't have classes until Jan. 20th, life is good.

My Christmas party went really well. I ate way to much, but it was so good. I am back sticking to what I need to be though, so it was okay. Plus I don't think I ate any supper that night.

Well hope this finds everyone happy and healthy.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 08:27 PM   #9  

Hi guys,

Not much going on here. DH got home safe and sound last night. I'm always happy when he comes home. His two week stint for the Navy is going to be in Italy this time. We probably won't get to go with him because, of course, they are more than likely going to send him to the station where he has to stay on base. We can't stay with him there. But the good news is that this will be his last two week stint!!

Lisa: Yeah for you for being ready for xmas. Our celebration is going to be very small this year since FIL is not well.

I hope everyone is doing well! Hello to all.
Old 12-17-2004, 10:29 AM   #10  

Default Hello!

Hi to everyone...Thanks for having this thread. I hope you don't mind me joining you.

I am 30something, live in Ohio, and really have struggled with my weight. My highest was last January at 224 - I am now at 196ish. It has been a long slow journey, but I am seeing the results and feel better. It had been so long since I was under 200...I couldn't believe it when I hit 199. I hope to never go to 200 again.

I am an emotional eater mostly. I have been doing better, but it is a lot of hard work.

I hope to continue through the new year as well as pump up the exercise. My first goal is to get through the holidays and drink lots of water.

Some more about me - I am married, going on eight years in June...and I have one son who is 2 today!

I work full time (teacher) plus teach an afterschool program and tutor Japanese students. I am pretty busy most of the time.

Hope you all are doing well and are ready for holidays.

Take care,
Myrtle
Myrtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 10:47 AM   #11  
No description available.

Hi Myrtle! Welcome to 30-somethings! I have a son who is 2 today also! What a small world it is!

Good luck, Lauren, with the evening primrose oil. Lots of sex helps too (can I write sex on the forum?)

To everyone else, congrats on being ready for the holidays, or at least for working on it. My goal today is to get tons done!

I like the new Christmas smilies!!

Jen
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 02:19 PM   #12  

Hello All!

Myrtle: Welcome! I think you will find a lot of support here. It's kind of slow right now because of the holidays. It helps to know that others are in the same struggle. Wow, it sounds like you are a very busy person. How on earth do you do all that and keep up with a 2 y/o?

Myrtle and Midwife: Happy birthday to your boys!! How cool that they share the same birthday. Mine will be 2 in April.

RR: Where are you? Hope things are well.

Hello to everyone!!
Old 12-18-2004, 06:17 PM   #13  

hi all. DS is home for the holidays.

We played tennis today. I made chex mix for the guys and now I'm about to head for the hot tub (one of my favorite times of day!). I made homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner tonight and we rented a movie. Great day!

Tomorrow we're joining a new church that we've been visiting for awhile.

My weight is holding steady. It is up for the holidays but it's been the same for several weeks now.

Lisa - you have a long time with no classes. Enjoy!

Karen - when does dh go to Italy?

Myrtle - welcome to the group! I'm the oldie here (43) and I also have the old child (23) plus 2 stepkids (22 & 24). You're making great progress on your weigh loss!

Jen - I guess you can write that on the forum!

Lauren - how are you feeling? Are you ready?

Oh, yes, baby #2 was born on Tuesday, so I am an aunt again! Logan James weighed in at 7 lb 10 oz and all is well.

gotta run - almost hot tub time!

Rabbit :merry:
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote