Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2001, 12:04 PM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!!!
Well..next week at this time I guess I will be heading to the airport as an old married woman of 2 days!!!!
Can't wait!!My friends took me out last night..too much fun..Even went to a bar with my friend and her partner which was a new experience for me..I think it was obvious that 3 of us didn't belong there!!!!

I think I blew it yesterday at #1's BD party...I have a fettish for red licorice and cheese puffs.
Well off to the races!!Have to go buy gifts for the piano player and singer!!!!
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 05-06-2001 at 12:21 PM.
Old 05-06-2001, 12:56 PM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all. I hope you are all having as beautiful weekend as we are in NJ!! (I know Dani and Lauren are ). I have gotten a lot of niggling yard work done. I've also been doing homework. I guess I will get used to this someday!! I was having a lot of problems with one of the chapters but I think DH and I finally got it straightened out. That's a big relief.

I went to the dermatologist the other day to have some skin tags removed. I was really nervous because I thought they had to burn them off. It was just the reverse, they froze them. I look like H*LL right now, but she said they will be gone in two weeks. Can't wait. DH gave me a beautiful necklace for our anniversary and I didn't like to wear it with the ugly things there!!

RR: WOW!!! An old married woman of two days!! That is totally awesome!! Hope you have a great time.

Have a great day all!!

Old 05-06-2001, 06:01 PM   #3  

Hi everyone!

I have been MIA for so long. Things have been crazy crazy crazy. I just wanted you all to know that I
that I am still around. Lot's a weird things going on!

Vick, I can't believe your wedding is this week, the time has just flown. I know it will be
wonderful and the honeymoon will be fantastic!

Terri, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. There is so much sadness going on with
people lately. I am thinking of you and your friend.

Take care!

Things should calm down here in another month so I hope to be back full time then.

Nanci
Old 05-06-2001, 07:27 PM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Well, this weekend has gone to you-know-where in a hand basket!! We went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast this AM...we're not supposed to go there until we both lose 10 lbs.!! We went to my new neice's christening this afternoon and a party at their house afterwards...more good food!! We went to Charlie Brown's for dinner last night, because a friend had given us some gift certificates for there at Christmas. There I was kind of good, had grilled chicken, broccoli and mashies and salad, but of course that didn't make up for today! Not looking forward to weighing in tomorrow AM, but I have to, and I have to get back on track!!

Buffy- Sent you an email.

Karen- YES, we enjoyed a beautiful weekend here! It's been just marvelous!

Nanci- Glad to see you post, hope things get better soon!

Vicki- WOW, it's this Friday!! Never heard of doing the rehersal a week in advance, but I guess it depends on everyone's schedules! Glad to hear #1 will be in the wedding! Hope #2 works out too.

I'm off to start a budget!
Old 05-07-2001, 06:25 AM   #5  

Good Morning!!!
On the way to bring SD#2 for surgery this morning.Motherhood-sure is busy!!!!It is minor-just ear tubes and sinus irrigation again!!!(we just did it in Dec)She is soo funny--at the rehersal-she took the microfone and sang songs for 30 minutes during the meal...She has Down's so her language is limited and it sounded like Foreign language Karioke(sp?)However, she calls me momma very clear!!!!That is why we are playing her participation in the wedding for that night...She will wear a dress to match the other 4 y/o but who knows what she will do that night!!!!!

Really watching this week with the meals..I am having a work shower today after surgery and making Refman go with me to work!!Trust me..he is thrilled!!!*L*
Excercise at the gym is very limited this week and lately..There is too much to do!!!!

Lauren-Cracker Barrel is my favorite place!!!I like the artificial eggs but that gravy on buscuits is the best!!!!!
What was the motto again????(for the wedding!!)

Congrats to the losers last week!!!!
Take care all!!!!!!
Vicki
Old 05-07-2001, 09:09 AM   #6  
LBH

Hi All

Say it with me Vicki - I DON"T CARE!! - You'll be fine!!

Well, I weighed in this AM, and surprise, surprise, I lost 3 lbs.!! I don't know how it happened, after all the damage I did last week, but I'll take it!

I'm really tired this AM...going to wake up!!
Old 05-07-2001, 10:41 AM   #7  

Default Peeking in...

Hi all...just wanted to pop in real quick & let you all know I'm still alive out here!

Sorry I haven't been around more...life is just very busy at the moment. Work is crazy and the internet situation at home is not the greatest at the moment, so haven't been able to find time to post.

I'm doing pretty good. Gained a couple of pounds over the past month or so. Mainly because I'm working too much and not planning for late nights so I end up eating dinner from the grill rather than bringing something. Also not much time to exercise for the same reason. However, things are easing up a little & I'm trying to get back to eating healthier & exercising.

Can't stay long now. Will try to catch up later.

Vicki - please check your PMs!

LE
Old 05-07-2001, 01:41 PM   #8  
LBH

Hey LE- Nice to see you! Hope things slooow down for you soon!
Old 05-07-2001, 04:29 PM   #9  

HI all. I'm back from a weekend away. This time away wrecks havoc with the healthy eating. Excuses, excuses, I know.

RR - Have fun doing all of the last minute things!

Karen - did it hurt to have them frozen?

Lauren - congrats on your loss!

LE - good to hear from you - take care!

Rabbit
Old 05-07-2001, 10:12 PM   #10  

Default back again

Here I am, back again. I returned a few weeks ago, and then got busy again. Was in Orlando last week for a conference and some Disney time. I walked alot, but can't honestly say that the diet went all that well. Will walk the dogs more this week and try to get back onto a healthier diet. Don't really want to weight myself either, but probably should.
Anyway, glad to hear that others are doing well.
Bauna
Old 05-08-2001, 03:14 PM   #11  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello everyone

Just dropping by real quick to say 'hey'. Thank you all for your thoughts for my friend. I haven't heard anything yet so I guess no news is good news??

Back to eating like a normal person, although after the afternoon I've had I just wanna sit in the middle of a bucket of ice cream and eat my way out.... Why do men have to be such jerks?? I'm in a primarily male job and I'm getting totally argued with because I have boobs. ARGH!!!!!!! Now I've got to let my stepfather deal with this guy, because, let's face it, he's a man so he'll be believed and accepted.... ooooh, it just frosts my cookies. It's 2001, not 1901!!!!

Off to steam...

Terri
Old 05-08-2001, 04:06 PM   #12  

I'm checking in here to remind myself of my goals. I've been really losing focus. OH, I so want to feel strong again!

Bauna - welcome back.

Punkin - sorry about the lousy day you're having. thoughts are still with your friend.

Rabbit
Old 05-08-2001, 10:00 PM   #13  

Hello all!!
Well..tomorrow I will try on the dress one last time just to be sure....I am a panick that it will not fit for some reason!!!!
I have all done..just 2 little gifts for the singer and piano player....

It is soo nice to see U on Legal!!!!I am ready to be married and have things more settled here..It is hard to believe that U have been married for a while.. Lauren has completed the mission..me on Friday and then we will work on Tech!!!

Lauren-Congrats on the weightloss!!!!3 lbs is wonderful!!!!

Hello to all the lurkers!!!!
my internet was cut off since I spend more time here in the evenings!!!!
I am saving some money already!!!*L*
Have a great evening!!!
Welcome back Bauna~~~~
RR
Old 05-09-2001, 12:40 PM   #14  

RR - Just wanted to say Congratulations and best wishes on your big day!

Weight loss - I'm still not doing well, but must move on from here. Hope you all are having more luck.

Rabbit
Old 05-09-2001, 02:19 PM   #15  
Donna

Hello,

Well, I went to WW yesterday and was down 3.6 lbs I was pretty shocked. It earned me another 5 lb star which I'd been hoping to get 3 weeks ago when I gained 3 lbs instead. It still keeps me in that slightly under a 1/2 lb per week average, but I'll take it.

Rabbit - Hope things jump back into gear for you soon. Are you staying put for a while? I'm sure that'll help, it would me.

RR - Wow, only 2 days to go and you're not pulling your hair out. Don't worry about the dress I'm sure you'll be gorgeous. Post some Pics when you get back from France. And most of all HAVE FUN!!!!!

Punkin - As fellow worker in a predominately male field you have to know it's not that you have breasts it that you don't have a penis . Seriously, I truly understand what you mean, it can be frustrating.

LBH - Congrats on the 3 lbs . I know what you mean about not knowing where it comes from but you'll take it. I think the trick is to not think that we can keep messing up and loose. How's the new job working?

LE - Good to hear from you. Hope things slow down to normal for you soon (if that's what you want).

NancyK -We are definitely enjoying great weather here. It was a little hot last week but this week's been gorgeous. I almost hate to say it, but we could use more rain, my lawn is like a dust bowl.

Buana and Nanci - Welcome back.

Hope everyone's having a great week.

-Tech
Closed Thread