Old 11-14-2004, 09:56 AM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default Week of ~~November 14~~

Good Morning Everyone!

It looks like a georgeous (sp?) day here. We are going out to rake leaves. YUM. I can't think of anything I'd like to do less. Unless it's clean house!

Hope ya'll are having a great day!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 03:13 PM   #2  
No description available.

Howdy all! I raked leaves last weekend and the very next day my neighbor's tree undid all my work. So, I'll hold off doing it today...maybe next weekend. I think it burns calories pretty well though!
We had a bit of snow today but it was not cold enough to stick. I am definitely in the holiday mood, though!
Jen
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 06:52 PM   #3  

OK, I hate to admit it, but blowing the leaves was fun! We've had the leaf blower/vaccuum for 5 years but I never used it as a blower. It was a hoot seeing how high I could make the pile. It didn't make my back hurt at the time, but it's aching now. I had a hot soak and I'm going to take some Motrin. Alex had a lot of fun playing in the leaves. He played so hard he took a two hour nap!!

I hope everyone has had a super weekend.
Old 11-14-2004, 08:32 PM   #4  
No description available.

High-tech-leaf-gathering! That does sound fun, and I am glad that your little one had such a great time playing. Maybe I'll get out there tomorrow. Tomorrow is my day off but I have meetings stuck in there in wierd hours. It will be interesting to see how much I get done. Happy Monday in advance!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 10:21 PM   #5  

Hi guys,

Whew. I have payed for the leaf fun yesterday! My allergies are irritated. My poor nose is sore from blowing it so much. We had fun playing outside today tho. Alex was just running around his little play fort climbing the ladder and sliding down the slide. Last time we had the fort out he wouldn't go near it. Silly boy!

Hope everyone had a great Monday.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:05 AM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Been pretty busy over the weekend and trying to stay awake and do things!

Karen, sounds like great fun with Alex and the leaves! Peter loves playing in the leaves!

I'm not going near the leaves!! They can sit and rot!

Hope everyone is well!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 09:50 AM   #7  

Lauren: DH agrees with you!! For all he cares the leaves could sit there too. BUT, we paid too much money for that grass in the back. I'm not going to let the leaves kill it right off the bat. And we had to get the leaves off the porch/steps so we could get in the house.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:02 AM   #8  
LBH

Karen, our landlords could care less about the property. It's a huge back yard and they're only trees in the woods that separate us from the people behind us, so there's only a small area of leaves anyway. The grass is mostly clover anyway, because they don't treat it with weed killer or anything. If it was our house, I'm sure we'd be out there raking or blowing...if for nothing else than to give Peter something to play in!
Old 11-16-2004, 01:07 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone,

Speaking of the leaves we had to put out around 30 bags and not all of the leaves are off of the trees. We had 11 trees that shed leaves, however before they fell we had two of them removed. I would hate to see how many bags we would've had.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 04:16 PM   #10  

hi all. Sorry I haven't been around much. I was in Chicago for the weekend - gave the last baby shower. Whew. I'm glad it's done, now i can focus on the holidays. It was a great shower though, and she got some very nice things.

I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week. And I'm behind on Christmas shopping!

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 09:25 AM   #11  
LBH

Hi All,

Here's some pics Peter's future MIL gave me from the Halloween party!

Peter & Jade

Peter & "MIL"

Blowing Kisses

The 3 Stooges (Peter, Jade, Dominick)
Old 11-17-2004, 01:49 PM   #12  

Lauren: Those are awesome pics. They make an adorable couple!

Rabbit: Get going on that Christmas shopping!! LOL. We are only buying for the three nephews and Alex this year. My two nephews are getting magazine subscriptions, so that only leaves DH's nephew and Alex. I'm having it easy this year.

Hope ya'll are having a great day!
Old 11-18-2004, 09:20 AM   #13  
LBH

Hi All,

Had my 33 wk. appt. this AM. Everything's great, measuring 35 wks., so she's sending me for an U/S! Made an appt. for 12/3. She really wants to check position, even though we're both pretty confident he's head down, and check his size. Gained 2 lbs. for a total of 14 lbs. soo far...we're both pleased. She's going to have me start taking 500 mg. Evening Primrose Oil 3x a day at 35 wks. It helps soften the cervix. And she told me to drink Red Raspberry Leaf tea to help tone the uterus...she said it also helps with PMS, so she recommends I keep drinking it even after birth. She would like to see him come a little earlier, since Peter was almost 9 lbs. at 41 wks.

Christmas shopping! I've only thought and talked about it...not actually done any!! Only buying for the kids in the family anyway...that's 4 + Peter.

everyone!!
Old 11-18-2004, 01:52 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello to all:

I have started my Christmas shopping, but because of school I've had to put it on hold. I have 8 more people to buy for but I know what I'm getting 6 of them so I only have to figure out 2. They happen to be the hardest ones. Now all I have to do is wait on my paycheck, plus finish some of the end of semester projects for school. I only have 1 meeting for each class and then exams! Time sure does fly. It's nice cause I will have 6 weeks off in between semesters.

Well have an excellent day every one.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 09:23 PM   #15  
30 lost, 55 to go!

Hello all. Just a quick note to let you all know I survived the flu. Thanks for your good wishes....I enjoy pity when I am sick, lol. I still have a heck of a cough, but normal for me. After all illnesses I usually have to go on my asthma meds to get rid of the resulting cough.

My physiotherapy is going very well too. I'm actually having a lot of mornings without pain in my foot. The therapist feels I am almost cured and can cut down my appointments to only 1 every 1.5 weeks. This is great news! Now maybe I can get out there and get some exercise, lol.

Anyway, I need to get back to my studying. I just wanted to drop in & say Hi!
Wonder Woman is offline   Reply With Quote