Old 07-11-2008, 12:28 PM   #46  
Soon to be Slim

S/C/G: 305/304/150

Height: 5ft 7in

I am so excited to make some of these recipes!!
ShrineLadyKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:34 PM   #47  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Kim, I think a banana is about 2 points, depending on the size. I haven't done WW in awhile.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:10 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Potato Dill Soup

2 Tbsp. butter
1/2 c. chopped onion
4 c. diced potato
1 1/2 c. water
1 tsp. salt
2 c. milk
1 Tbsp. fresh dill
2 Tbsp. flour
1 c. sour cream
2 c. shredded cheddar

Melt butter in 2 qt. pan, stir in onion. Stir in potatoes. Cook & stir a few minutes; do not burn. Add water and salt; cover and simmer until potatoes are tender. Roughly mash potatoes, leaving a few pieces. Add milk, dill and bring to a boil. Stir flour into sour cream. Blend sour cream and cheese into soup with whisk; let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Serves 4-6
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:37 PM   #49  

Height: 5'6

mmm...looks yummy, Joan!!! Thanks for posting!!
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 01:59 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 190/178/120

Height: 5'5"

Umm...does it have to be healthy? This is an EASY one you can make for parties to fatten up everyone else.

Take 1 package of Oreos. One package of cream cheese. Mush both together till they turn into a kind of dough. Yes, a whole package of cookies, cream filling and all. Then, let it cool so it is easier to work with. Roll into balls, dunk in some melted chocolate chips and set on wax paper in the fridge to harden. If you want to be extra creative, drizzle with melted white chocolate. I've also added almond flavour or little crushed thin mint pieces. You could add coconut or put something in the middle like a bit of peanut butterish gnash (sp?). Wide range of possibilities, and the easiest truffles you'll ever make. Keep them small, they are rich.
CaffeineIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 01:43 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 188/188/120

Height: 5'3

Default Awesome Korean Steak

Awesome Korean Steak

i have tried this and wow it is great!!!!!! everyone i have made it for loves it to. i have played with it a bit by not adding so much soy sauce and it was fine
2 pounds thinly sliced Scotch fillet (chuck eye steaks)
1/2 cup soy sauce
5 tablespoons white sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds
2 tablespoons sesame oil
3 shallots, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
5 tablespoons mirin (Japanese sweet wine)

DIRECTIONS
  1. In a large bowl, stir together the soy sauce, sugar, sesame seeds, sesame oil, shallots, garlic, and mirin. Add the meat, and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
  2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Fry the meat for 5 to 10 minutes, or until no longer pink. Serve with salad or fried rice.
Nutritional Information
Awesome Korean Steak
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 376
  • Total Fat: 21.9g
  • Cholesterol: 69mg
  • Sodium: 1266mg
  • Total Carbs: 21.5g
  • Dietary Fiber: 0.8g
  • Protein: 20.4g
milleradah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:24 PM   #52  
Coloradomom

S/C/G: 147/142/135

Height: 5'4"

Default A great treat, low cal, low carb, for anytime of the day

I don't know if anyone buys products from Andrew Lessman. My parents use this, and I have got hooked on it. It is a powder drink, and don't think yuck, because mixed together with water, ice, and either yogurt, fruit, or both it taste very good. It would be great on a very hot day, but I drink it even in the winter. I call it a smoothie for my daughter, and she can have one whenever she wants. It only has 70 calories in it, and then if you add 1/4 c. of fruit, or I also use the 60 calorie yogurts, it is a very healthy meal, or snack. It comes in many flavors, but I like the Vanilla, and the Pina Colada the best. The brand name is called Secure. Let me know if anyone is interested, and I can post the website to buy it from. I just buy it, I have nothing to do with them selling it. Just thought I would share something yummy! I mix it up in a blender. It also has 26 vitamins and minerals in it, and only 9 carbs in the one scoop of powder.
frustrated mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:49 AM   #53  
To Maintenance-AND BEYOND

S/C/G: 252/ticker/189

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
My ww leader gave us this one time.

Crockpot chicken

chicken breasts
jar of salsa

this it so good - I like to serve it over rice. I cook it on low, 7 hours (I think).

Also, there are some seasoning packets called "Crockery Gourmet" that are great!

Rabbit
If you have the time, sear the chicken breasts in olive oil and garlic for about 3 minutes on each side before putting in the crockpot with the salsa. It makes for a crispy, garlic-y yumminess.
Eumie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:46 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 385/339/140

Height: 5ft 7

Chicken Spagetti

five boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 onion
1 green bell pepper
1 can rotel
1 can cream of chicken family size
1 can cream of mushroom family size
1 package of spaghetti
1 half velveeta cheese
boil chicken breasts in large pot, when chicken is done remove from water, do not drain use this too cook pasta in. while spaghetti is cooking , in another pot add soups, onion, pepper, rotel and cheese cook on low until cheese is melted add cut up chicken and then pasta when done, this makes a huge pot it will feed about ten to 12 people.

Last edited by TracyB73; 08-20-2009 at 07:46 AM.
TracyB73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:54 AM   #55  
Keep on Swimming!

S/C/G: 293/See Ticker/Healthy

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaffeineIV View Post
Umm...does it have to be healthy? This is an EASY one you can make for parties to fatten up everyone else.

Take 1 package of Oreos. One package of cream cheese. Mush both together till they turn into a kind of dough. Yes, a whole package of cookies, cream filling and all. Then, let it cool so it is easier to work with. Roll into balls, dunk in some melted chocolate chips and set on wax paper in the fridge to harden. If you want to be extra creative, drizzle with melted white chocolate. I've also added almond flavour or little crushed thin mint pieces. You could add coconut or put something in the middle like a bit of peanut butterish gnash (sp?). Wide range of possibilities, and the easiest truffles you'll ever make. Keep them small, they are rich.

I have had these before. My best friend owns a bakery and she makes a version of these and they are so awesome! I no longer go into her bakery. She always wants me to try everything! lol
Nursie2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:43 AM   #56  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Default Honey Flax Bread

Ingredients

1.25 c of warm water (110 degrees)
2 TBSP shortening
2 TBSP dried non fat milk powder
2 TBSP honey
1.5 tsp salt
1 c white flour
2 c whole wheat flour
.75 c milled flax seed
1.5 tsp yeast

Directions

Place all ingredients, in the order listed, in bread machine. Set to a regular white bread setting. After cooled, slice into 10 slices.

Calories: 200
Total Fat: 5.5 g
Cholesterol: 1.6 mg
Sodium: 355 mg
Total Carbs: 34 g
Dietary Fiber: 5 g
Protein: 7 g
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:54 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 248/248/190

Height: 6 ft

LOW CARB BREAD RECIPE

This is called "focaccia" because it is baked in that style -- flat on a sheet pan, and then cut up into whatever sized pieces you want. It works for toast, sandwiches, and other bready uses. It is "rough" in texture like heavy whole grain breads. Since it isn't made with wheat, it doesn't have the same kind of grain as wheat breads, but the carb in flax is almost all fiber. Flax is very useful on a low carb diet, as well as being amazingly good for you.
Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups flax seed meal
  • 1 Tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1-2 Tablespoons sweetening power from artificial sweetener
  • 5 beaten eggs
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/3 cup oil
Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare pan (a 10X15 pan with sides works best) with oiled parchment paper.

1) Mix dry ingredients well -- a whisk works well.

2) Add wet to dry, and combine well. Make sure there aren't obvious strings of egg white hanging out in the batter.

3) Let batter set for 2 to 3 minutes to thicken up some (leave it too long and it gets past the point where it's easy to spread.)

4) Pour batter onto pan. Because it's going to tend to mound in the middle, you'll get a more even thickness if you spread it away from the center somewhat, in roughly a rectangle an inch or two from the sides of the pan (you can go all the way to the edge, but it will be thinner).

5) Bake for about 20 minutes, until it springs back when you touch the top and/or is visibly browning even more than flax already is.

6) Cool and cut into whatever size slices you want. You don't need a sharp knife; I usually just cut it with a spatula.
Nutritional Information: Each of 12 servings has less than a gram of effective carbs (.7 grams to be exact) plus 5 grams fiber, 6 grams protein, and 185 calories.
sbinkerd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 01:27 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

This is a favorite recipe of mine. So versatile as you can switch out the veggies for whatever you have on hand (especially during the summer from your own garden or local co-op)

From the Vegetarian Time magazine....

Vegetarian Gumbo
Serves 8

1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup flour
1 small onion, chopped (1 cup)
1 small green bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
3 stalks celery, chopped (1 cup)
1 28oz can diced tomatoes
2 cups fresh or frozen green beans
3 carrots, sliced (2 cups)
1 parsnip, diced (1cup)
1 cup fresh or frozen sliced okra, optional
1 Tbs. ground cumin
1 Tbs. paprika
1 Tbs. drid oregano
1/4 Tsp. cayenne pepper
------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Stir together oil and flour in Dutch oven or heavy -bottomed pot until smooth. Cook over high heat 10 minutes, or until roux turns a dark caramel color, stirring constantly.

2. Add onion, bell pepper and celery and cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Stir in all remaining ingredients and 4 cups of water. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook 40 minutes or until carrots are tender. Serve over rice.

Per serving: 216 cal, 3 G Prot, 14.5 G total Fat (2 G sat. fat), 21 G Carbs, 0 MG chol, 309 G sodium, 6 G fiber, 8 G sugars.
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 01:37 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Slow-Cooker Southwestern Chicken-Another staple recipe of mine for busy chilly days.

Ingredients:

1lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1 inch strips(I use tenders and then cut them into bit size pieces)
2 Tbl. taco seaoning mix
2 Tbl.whole wheat flour
1 green and red pepper cut into strips (again I found bit size pieces worked best for me)
1 cup frozen corn
1.5 cups salsa

--------------------------------------------------

toss chicken with seasoning and flour into slow cooker, stir in all remaining ingredients and cover with lid. Cook on low for 6-8 hours (5 hours worked best with the bite size pieces for me)

Serve with brown rice.
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 01:35 PM   #60  

Height: 5'6"

Crockpot Beef Stew
NI for entire recipe cal 2775/fat59/fib51

2 lbs beef stew, cut into cubes
1/4 cup flour
4 large carrots, sliced thinly
4-5 good sized potatoes, cubed
1 cup beef broth
salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 lg onion, diced
8oz can of tomato sauce

Layer potatoes, then carrots. Mix meat, soy sauce, salt , pepper and flour, in a bowl, then layer on top of carrots. Layer of onions is next. The combine broth with tomato sacue and pour over everything. Do not stir. Cook on low for 8-9 hours.

I changed this recipe a bit by adding 8 oz of chopped can tomatoes, 1 rib of celery and a cup of water. I also decreased the soy sauce and only used about half of what was listed. I cooked on high for four hours. I came up with 9 one cup servings. Very yummy and filling.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote