3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   30 Something's Recipes (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/37624-30-somethings-recipes.html)

laurie2275 08-22-2007 09:03 AM

I mean 4- I dont know why I keep writing 2

laurie2275 09-02-2007 10:16 AM

HG's Topless Cherry Pie

(1 slice; 1/8th of pie: 90 calories, 2.5g fat, 105mg sodium, 21.5g carbs, 7g fiber, 4g sugars, 1.5g protein = 1 Point)

This is a must-bake for cherry pie lovers EVERYWHERE!

Ingredients:
2 cups Fiber One bran cereal
3 tbsp. light whipped butter
2 tbsp. Egg Beaters, Original
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1 20-oz. can no-sugar-added cherry pie filling (like the ones by Comstock and Lucky Leaf)**
8 servings (16 tbsp.) Fat Free Reddi-wip

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a blender or food processor, grind Fiber One to a breadcrumb-like consistency. Melt butter in the microwave for 20 seconds. Combine crumbs with melted butter and Egg Beaters and stir until well mixed. In an oven-safe pie dish sprayed lightly with nonstick spray, evenly distribute mixture, using your hands or a flat utensil to firmly press & form the crust. Press it into the edges and up along the sides of the dish. Bake crust in oven for 10 minutes, then remove and allow to cool. In a medium-sized nonstick pot, combine cornstarch with cherry filling. Heat stovetop at medium heat, stirring often. Once cherry mixture begins to bubble, lower heat and continue to stir for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool for several minutes. Evenly spoon cherry mixture into piecrust and allow pie to cool and set in the fridge for several hours before cutting and serving. Before serving, top each slice with a dollop of fat-free whipped topping. Serves 8!

laurie2275 10-06-2007 11:45 AM

Delicious Flatbread Pizza

I use Josephs Flax, Oat Bran and Wheat Lavash Bread
3 to 4 TBS of pizza Sauce
FF cheese
Toppings (My favorites are turkey bacon or pepperoni, lean turkey sausage, FF ricotta, and mushrooms)

Heat oven to 350. Cook for 12-15 mins.

Delicious!!

laurie2275 10-09-2007 03:10 PM

As you all know, I am a busy working woman and have little time to cook these days. I have got some regular healthy meals now down that I would like to share. I am not sure of the exact calories but they are easy, low fat and low calorie.

Boneless Pork Chops
cover with can of 99% FF cream of mushroom soup.
Bake at 350 for 45 mins
I serve this with my lemon broccoli
this is just broccoli with about 2 tbs of reduced fat parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and lemon. delicious!!

Apple crisp
apples peeled and cored (1 per person).
Splenda brown sugar 1/4 cup
cinnamon 2 tsp
wheat chex (handful crumbled)

Mix apples with Sugar and cinnamon top with chex mix
Bake 350 for 30 mins YUMMY

Steak with Mushroom Marsala sauce
3 oz steak (I use porterhouse)
1/2 cup FF beef broth
****aki mushrooms
marsala wine

I grill the steaks
while doing this boil the beef broth to reduce and cook mushrooms, adding the marsala last

Pour over steaks. So good

I have more..will post when I can

laurie2275 10-25-2007 09:26 AM

Pumpkin Cheesecake

Crust
15/20 Reduced Fat Nilla Wafers
1 tbs Smart Balance
Food Process Wafers until crumbed add "butter" and process until blended
Form on bottom on Pam sprayed pie pan
Bake 350 oven for 7 mins.

Blend together in bowl
1 8 oz package of Fat Free Cream Cheese
1 8 oz package of Reduced Fat Cream Cheese
1 Can pumpkin
1/4 cup Splenda white sugar
1/4 cup Spenda Brown Sugar
2 tbs. Pumpkin Pie spice
1/4 cup Egg Beaters
Once this mix is smooth, pour on top of pie crust (the directions I have seen say to cool crust- I didnt and it turned out great)

Bake at 350 for 30 mins. You can refrigerate for 8 hours or if you are in a hurry like me, I threw mine in the freezer for about 3 hours and it was nicely chilled. Top with FF whipped topping and ENJOY!!

Makes 6 LARGE slices for 237 Calories and about 9 Grams of fat per serving. You can really cut this down by halving the serving or using all FF cream cheese.

flutist4christ 12-29-2007 07:11 AM

Cuban Black Bean Soup
I love black bean soup. When I order at a restaurant, it's often served with rice and a side of cuban bread. I just ask for no rice and give the bread away.

Saute 1/2 onion, chopped, in a sauce pan with olive oil. Add spices (I use oregano, italian seasoning, parsley, basil, cumin, and whatever I have on hand.) When onion is soft, add about 1 cup chicken broth. Drain and rinse one can of black beans well, add to the sauce pan and bring to a simmer to blend the flavors.

This is good by itself, but I often add a dollop of black bean salsa and a dollop of reduced fat sour cream.

txangelgirl 01-16-2008 12:23 AM

Zero Calorie Green Tea Booster

Okley dokley girls, remember that plateau I was on and, like, I couldn't break it? I have a secret to share... after a week of the scale rebelling against me, and showing a gain, or the same number as before, I'd had enough. I was ready for the scale to move.

I have been drinking this ever since, sipping on it all night til I'm ready for bed, and the first morning after I did it, I broke my plateau for the first time in a week! I did it again that same night, and woke up to another loss today! Do I believe in green tea! Yes I do!!!

Here's all ya need:
a teapot or saucepan (or you can be lazy and nuke a big bowl of water in the microwave ;) )
5 lipton green tea bags
a couple of cinnamon sticks
3 dropperfuls of green tea extract (we use liquid vitamins whenever possible around here)

You know what to do! Brew up that tea with the cinnamon sticks in the water, and let it sit for a good hour or so after you turn the heat off. Pour into a pitcher and stir in the extract. Then add water to fill up the pitcher and a little ice, and you're done!

I leave the cinnamon sticks in there to scare off James and Corey so they will leave my tea alone :devil: (and yes its working) but you can take them out if you want. No sweetener or honey, just straight up :D

This typically lasts me two days, fyi.

Enjoy! :carrot:

pmasci 01-20-2008 10:17 AM

STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE
Here's my fave low cal treat...saw it on Oprah last year...boy is it filling & HEALTHY too!!

ONE HANDFUL FROZEN STRAWBERRIES
HALF BANANA, SLICED
1/2 TO 3/4 C. SKIM OR 1% MILK

Blend until smooth....YUMM!!

CCmomof5 01-22-2008 11:51 PM

Healthy Wheat Pumpkin Choc. Chip Muffins

1 1/2 c. Turbinado Sugar (I used 1 1/4 c last time and they were fine)
1/2 c. Smart Balance oil
15 oz can pure pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
3 Whole eggs
1/2 c. Water
3 c. Whole Wheat Flour (or 2 c. Whole Wheat & 1 c. naturally White flour)
2 tsp. Baking powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
(sometimes I just use 3 tsp. pumpkin pie spice)
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 400*
In lg bowl mix together sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin, and water.

In small bowl mix together flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and spices.

Add to first mixture and blend well with an electric mixer.

Add Choc. chips, stir well.

Use aluminum muffin liners or spray coat muffin tins
Bake 11-15 min depending upon your oven, mine stinks.
Makes 24 muffins

I love these things and I'm not a pumpkin fan. Enjoy

txangelgirl 01-23-2008 08:18 PM

Sorry I don't have nutritional info on this, I just posted this on the 101 Ways/Chicken board and thought I would put this here too:

"Hallo all! Being that I love to cook I thought I would add some of my faves....

Chicken Italiano
1st version:
take boneless skinless chicken breasts, and pound away with a marinating hammer thingy - if ya don't have one, use stab it with a fork a lot of times all over on both sides. I find this makes it really tender and helps it absorb marinade much better. (ps anytime I talk about chicken, just let this part be a given :) ) Okie dokie, when you are done, put them in a ziploc and pour in a small bottle of fat free italian dressing. Next sprinkle in some italian seasoning. Zip closed, and let marinate in your fridge all day, or for 24 hours, but minimum 8 hours. (I do this before I leave for work) When it's time, grill them up on a grill:
-eat by themselves
-slice and serve over a big spinach salad with sliced red onion, add some turkey bacon if ya want, and fat free feta cheese YUMMMMMMO
-serve on 2 slices of whole grain bread with spinach or romaine, tomatoes, red onion, and dijon mustard
-put on your hubby's stomach and eat it off (hey ya gotta play with your food right hahaha!)
-slice and wrap inside a whole grain tortilla with some spinach or romaine, tomatoes, jalapenos, go wild!
-slice and place inside of a whole grain tortilla and sprinkle with some cheese; spray a skillet with olive oil, and you will have a yummy quesadilla to serve up with pico, avocado, or salsa (see my recipe for salsa here: Homemade Green Salsa and Red Salsa http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44657)

2nd Version:
Pound up that chicken like before. Then, right in the center of the breast on the short end, cut a pouch almost all the way through, leaving the sides and the other end "sealed". In a small bowl, mix up some 2 tbsp fat free mozz cheese, 1/4 tsp olive oil, 1/4 tsp roasted garlic (and if you're feeling frisky some red pepper flakes). this is enough for one breast, so for however many you're makin, increase your quantity respectively. Mix all together. Stuff inside the "pouch" of each breast and grill it up, or bake it.

3rd version:
Pound that chicken!!! :D then in a small saucepan of boiling chicken broth, wilt some spinach. Drain that off, and put it in a bowl. Mix in some roasted garlic, fat free feta cheese, and a little olive oil. then stuff those breasts, and grill 'em up or bake them.

4th version:
Pound that chicken!!! (poor chickie) Repeat the spinach version, except instead of feta cheese, use 1 tbsp per breast of fat free cream cheese. YUMMO!!!

Mexican Chicken:
1st version:
Pound that chicken!!! then combine lime juice, hot pepper sauce, roasted garlic, chili powder and a little olive oil in a ziploc baggie. Let the chicken get nice and happy in that marinade in your fridge for at least 8 hours. Grill it up baby!!!
-same ways to serve up as before :D

2nd version:
Get some premade pico de gallo... Then pound that chickie, make your pouch, and stuff that baby with the pico. Grill it up, then when done, sprinkle with more pico and some fat free mozz cheese.

3rd version:
Pound that chicken! then for your marinade use enchilada sauce (yes I know, sounds good huh), and let the chickie get happy for at least 8 hours. then grill it up!!! (ps these are GREAT for sandwiches)

4th version:
Prepare the enchilada sauce version as above but only use about 1/2 of the sauce for the marinade (set the other half aside, you'll need it soon), and grill the chicken. While it's grilling, boil up some whole wheat pasta, and also some of that frozen mexicorn mix that has the black beans in it. Drain both and combine in a bowl. When the chickies are done grilling, cut up the chicken and toss in the bowl with the pasta and mexicorn (do not use the canned mexicorn, that is nasty stuff :D ). then stir in that 1/2 of the enchilada sauce you set aside earlier. mix it up well, and let it get cold. When you're ready to serve, dress some plates with baby spinach leaves or romaine, and then spoon some of the salad in the center of each plate. Place a dollop of fat free sour cream in the middle, and if you want you can sprinkle on some green onions and/or cilantro mmmm. You can also sprinkle on a little cheese if ya like. Variation: stir in some chopped jalapenos in the salad if you like it hotter. This dish has impressed many a guest at my house :D

Whew!!!!! Well I have a ton more but I have not eaten din din yet and this is making me hungry! LOL! Enjoy girls!!!!

dangergirl 02-19-2008 04:07 PM

Dangergirl's oatmeal breakfast cookies/bars

Step one: Buy quaker quick oats
step 2: follow the recipe for vanishing cookies found under lid. (but reduce sugars by 1/3 and increase Cinnamon by double).

You can add crazins blueberries apples cherries nuts... whatever sounds good.

I will get the recipe and post it in case it's not on your quaker box.

dangergirl 02-20-2008 03:49 PM

Dangergirl's oatmeal breakfast cookies/ bars

Yummo, I just had one of these for dessert.
anyway... here it is

1 cup margarine or butter ( I use Brummel& Brown- 5g fat, only one saturated-no carbs no cholesterol)

2/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup regular sugar
2 eggs ( or equivalent substitute)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (high altitude 1 3/4 cup)
1 tsp soda
2 tsp cinnamon
3 cups Quaker Oats

1 cup of whatever else you would like to add.

turn oven to 350

beat margarine & sugars till smooth
add eggs & vanilla- beat well
combine flour, soda, cinnamon add to wet ingredients and mix well
add oats- mix well
drop desired amount on cookie sheet and bake 10-12 min
or spread in a metal 13X9 pan and bake 30-35 min

Enjoy!

dangergirl 03-05-2008 11:03 AM

Dilled salmon salad

mix 1/2 cup canned salmon, ( I like it smoked the best, but it is expensive to buy. I am fortunate enough to make my own) with 2 tbsp non fat plain yogurt, 1 tbsp chopped celery, 1 tsp chopped onion or dry onion flakes, 1 tsp dried or fresh dill ans sprinkling of pepper and parsley. Mix Mix Mix well with a fork and spread on what ever you like to eat it on. Multi grain crackers, pita, multi grain bread, whole grain wrap, lettuce leaves. I am sure that by itself the calories are low. It depends what you put it on as to how bad it will become. The most important thing is it is very balanced nutrition. You get calcium, omega 3s protein, fiber and low fat. I'm sure that's not all, but I'm no nutritionist.

sheywood4 03-06-2008 09:34 AM

Hey all, I found this recipe in the Cooking Light magazine and made it this past weekend. I really enjoyed it, thought maybe you might as well!

Asian Green Bean Salad
Salad:
3 Oz. uncooked linguine
1 pound green beans, trimmed (you can also sub. snow peas)
2 cups diagonally sliced celery
1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
1/2 cup (1/2") slices green onions
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Dressing:
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 Tblsp dark sesame oil
2 tsp grated peeled fresh ginger
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp black pepper
3 cloves minced garlic
1 red jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (about 1 Tblsp)

To prepare salad, break linguine in half. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and oil; add beans during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain. Place mixture in a large bowl. Stir in celery, bell pepper, onions, and cilantro.

To prepare dressing, combine vinegar and remaning ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until blended. Add to salad; toss well. Cover and chill.

Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 cup)

Calories 101 (34% from fat); fat 3.8 g (sat 0.5g, mono 1.5g, poly 1.6 g); protien 3g; carb 14.9g; fiber 3.1g; chol 0mg; iron 0.8mg; sodium 282mg; calc 42 mg

ShrineLadyKim 07-11-2008 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LBH (Post 569732)
Just found this recipe...yummy!! I'm going to try them later!

Chocolate-Cinnamon Quesadillas

POINTSŪ value: 3
Servings: 2
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 4 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Tame that roaring sweet tooth in under 10 minutes with our chocolatey quesadillas.

Ingredients

2 Tbsp semisweet chocolate, grated or chopped (about 3/4 oz)
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 large burrito-size wheat flour tortilla(s)
1 tsp powdered sugar

Instructions

Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of chocolate, 1/2 tablespoon of sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon over half of each tortilla. Fold tortillas in half to cover ingredients.

Set quesadillas in a dry skillet and cook over medium heat until speckled with brown spots on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon of powdered sugar; serve.

Yields 1 quesadilla per serving.

UPDATE: I made these and they're really yummy!!

OOHHH - I am adding a Banana to this one... how many points would it be then?:carrot: