3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   **Kid Chat Week Of: 1/18** (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/35315-%2A%2Akid-chat-week-1-18%2A%2A.html)

KarenK 01-21-2004 09:37 PM

Hi guys,

Cristin: Welcome!! Glad you found us. Maybe you can help with our kid questions!! Three of us just had babies, well, within the last year anyway!! I bring up the tail so I have the benefit of the other moms. Sounds like you have a fun night planned. Tell me where you are again? I *love* CSI. We have Tivo so we record it everytime it comes on. I'd say it is my favorite show right now. You can subscribe to the forum for $15/6 months and there are no advertisements. You get a bigger page of the posts so it doesn't look so jumbled. I like it. The addys didn't show up for me anyway and I have popup killer so I didn't see the popups. It did sound like a war zone sometimes...I have sounds enabled on popup killer and when it kills the popups it makes a loud popping sound.

Lauren: I had to talk to DH before I got back to you. We would love to come to Peter's party. So, see ya Saturday!!

Noodles913 01-22-2004 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jillmommyc
What is the non advertising forum thing you are so excited about?
Noodles- that sunset is BREATHTAKING!! Thanks for sharing and WOW! 50 lbs in 5 months....that is inspiring! What have you been doing?

Hi there!!

Well, I did the "either-you-go-on-insulin-shots-soon Or lose weight" plan. I was headed for full blown diabetes, and along with PCOS & 3 different Arthritis's, I was not in good shape cause of my weight. So I decided ok, it's finally time to change things...for good. I didnt follow any specific "diet" like Atkins or SB, (I am the worse diet person ever...) so I just changed my eating habits big time. I went from bags of candy and junk a day to eliminating 99% of my sugar intake, no more fast, fried foods, no more processed mega-salt foods, etc. I eat alot of fresh fruits and veggies, Salads, chicken & turkey, and I drink alot of water. I always carry water with me. I also started exercising. I think this has been the biggest contributer to my weight-loss. I didnt want to just go outside and start exercising so I bought some DVDs and 1 of those ball things and started working out in my house. Then when I got a bit more comfortable about going outside to exercise, hubby and I started playing tennis and swimming. And I got on my bike again after a year of it collecting dust. I also started roller skating again. It was hard at first for me to do any of this but I am so glad I did it now!! I haven't felt this great in years!! I also managed to put my diabetes in reverse. That's all I really did...but this time I gave it the 100% committment. :D

LBH 01-22-2004 09:30 AM

Hey All,

Well, I gave in and started taking some ZPak. I had 3 that my mom gave me, so I took the first two last night. Unfortunately I don't have the 2 more that I'll need after tonight. I may ask the NP at Peter's appt. today if she'll give me some. My left ear has been totally clogged for 2 days now. :( Hopefully Peter has had his last neb. treatment too. He is just not a happy camper with those. Unless I catch him really mesmerized in the Wiggles or something. :lol:

Karen, Glad you guys are able to come! Let me know if you need directions! As a small token of her thanks, Suzanne has provided the Mods with free ad-free forums. It's wonderful! :D
Congrats to Alex!! What a good boy with the shots and making it to the 25%!! :lol: Peter was never there!! He did go down to the 5066TTTTGBVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YHHHHHHHHHHHHUJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ JJJJJ6 DBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

...Sorry, Peter wanted to say Hi!! :wave:

Anyway, he went down to the 50% for weight, I think it was, at 9 mos. :D

www.britax.com I would personally not buy any other seat! It makes a HUGE difference Karen, Just the straps alone!! They're stronger/thicker, like regular car seat belts, not flimsy and prone to twisting at all. I hate the Graco Comfort Sport that DH bought for his truck. I mean, it does the job, but not as easily, and does not seem as secure as the Britax. I've actually been bidding on them on eBay lately. They have brand new ones. It's worth every penny though. I think the model we have is the Galaxy, which I don't see advertised much. DH ordered it online. I would love to have the Wizard or the Advantage. They have the infinite adjustment on the side, so you don't have to pull the straps out to adjust it. I could go on and on! Oh, the Wizard I know goes up to 65 lbs., I think the others just go to 44 lbs. or something. They have the Husky that goes to 80 lbs., but it's a huge seat...dont' think it would fit in most regular cars.

Rabbit, congrats on all the exercise!

Jackie, sorry DS is sick. :( Hope he's feeling better soon.

Cristin, glad you feel welcome here! Good for you pampering yourself that way, instead of with Chocolate!! It takes a lot of willpower to do that...I usually don't have it, but I'm determined!!

OK, time to go do some cleaning (my slop sink overflowed this AM when the washer emptied out!) Have a great day all!!

Hey, BTW, does anyone want me to start the regular "Week of..." thread again, instead of posting on the Kid Chat thread? For the newbies, RR, Karen and I started making a separate Kid Chat thread when our babies were born because it seemed like all we talked about (and still do sometimes) is our babies!

Noodles913 01-22-2004 10:46 AM

I like the baby talk!! I miss those days...:( Mine is 10 now!! :cry:

JackBlack 01-22-2004 08:36 PM

Hi to all...........

DS was sick today so DH and I split the workday and kept him home. Now I am sick. :( Sinus drainage and sore throat ugh. This will be short since I feel awful. I just wanted to stop by today and tell everyone hello.

I have done BAD with eating today, and resorted back to soda's. :( I can't drink water with a sore throat. I am fixing to make me some hot tea, get a hot bath, and go to bed.

Lauren: How are you feeling? Personally, I would rather just have one thread to keep up with. :lol: Plus I enjoy reading about those good ole baby days, which I miss too. Although having an 11 year old can be stressful at times. :s: He sure keeps me on my toes!

To all the rest and the newbies, Hello......... :wave: When I feel better I will try and repsond a little better to everyone.

Have a good night

Jackie

KarenK 01-22-2004 09:34 PM

Hi guys,

We just got done exercising. That makes three nights this week. Yeah!! There's not a lot going on around here today. We went to Panera's for lunch today. It was a Mom's Club outing. I *love* that place. I have 1/2 Tuscan chicken sandwich and 1/2 Greek salad. Yum, yum, yum. I could've done a little better by having the FF chicken noodle soup. Course, I didn't think of that 'til I was sitting down with my food. Silly girl. I'll get better at this. I have done really good at NOT snacking. I figure that's an awesome step for me.

Lauren: I hope you are feeling better. Hope those meds kick in soon. Tell Peter "HI" back. Alex is off playing with his toys. (That's the reason I'm able to type with capitals and punctuation!!)

Jackie: Sure hope you are feeling better too. Enjoy that hot bath. A nice bubble bath soothes almost any illness!!

OK, cat is in imminent danger!! Gotta go.

RoadRunner 01-22-2004 10:25 PM

Hello..just checking in..Hello to all...will post later when I am out of this crap mood I am in...
RR

LBH 01-23-2004 09:38 AM

Hi All,

I'm back at work and Peter's back at daycare today! He screamed bloody murder when I dropped him off. :rolleyes: I told them it's like day 1 again. I'm sure he was fine within 5 min. after I left. I brought in cupcakes and will go there at 2 when they have snack time to have them and sing happy birthday. I can't believe my little man is 1!!!! :cry: And just to celebrate, he woke up at 5:40...I said to him, gee Peter, at this time last year, you were almost an hour old and I think you were just leaving to go get measured and stuff. Oh...the memories... :cry:

JackBlack 01-23-2004 10:34 AM

Happy B-Day Peter!!!!!!!!!!!!! :balloons: :gift:

Will check in later when I have more time. Just wanted to wish Peter a Happy 1st B-Day

LBH 01-23-2004 12:35 PM

Aww, thanks Jackie!!

JackBlack 01-23-2004 12:59 PM

Your welcome Lauren.

Guys I feel like such crap today. I'm at work but not that productive. I am going home to rest tonite and tomorrow so I can work some on Sunday.

Hope all is having a good day.

KarenK 01-23-2004 01:23 PM

:hb: :gift: :balloons: :cheer: Happy Bithday Peter!!

back later.

Noodles913 01-23-2004 02:40 PM

Aww..I remember those days too Lauren...SNiffles.. they go by way too fast! And I had thoight I took enough pictures, and there just doesn't seem to be enough pictures now.

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY KIDDO!!!

:hb: :balloons: :gift: :cp: :twirly: :hb: :balloons:

LBH 01-23-2004 03:10 PM

Thanks guys!

Jackie, hope you're feeling better soon! Do you have some good drugs? Some ZPak maybe? ;)

Noodles913 01-23-2004 03:18 PM

Hi Girls...I posted this on my other forums but thought I would post it here too so ya know why I am about to disappear again...

I am going to be pretty scarce the next week coming up until after Feb. 3rd.

Everything hit at once yesterday...I took my daughter in for a routine dental appt. and I get called in to talk to the dentist...Well I found out my daughter has to have major facial/jaw surgery. Her top jaw isn't growing right and even though you cant see it physically, it's causing havoc in the back. **sigh** Her dad had the same problem and he was in surgery for 8 hours and in hospital for a week!! Anyhow, we go next Thursday to see the surgeon...They want to do this before she starts to develop cause it's harder once she's a teen so...We will see what the man says.

Now besides this, the truck was in the shop, they said it was "fixed", but they had the wrong mechanic work on it so it wasn't "fixed" after all...we drove it home and had to drive it right back! Then I had to put my oldest rat down...and I had to do it myself. Vet was closed. The only comfort I get in that is that I had control over the process and my pet is no longer suffering, and I made sure it was painless and quick.

So...I have decided to go home to see my friends and family for a few days. Nothing like a good dose of home to warm you up inside. You girls do too of course but I need to go pester my friends and drive them bananas for a bit.

The one thing I haven't done through all of this is eat eat eat!! Just don't want too consol my stress via food this time...:nono: