Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 11:14 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default **Kid Chat: Week of Jan. 4th**

Hello Moms!!

Soo good to have the thread back!! Whew...

Peter has slept through for 2 nights now!! WooHoo!! I hope it's a trend!

Karen, I hope Alex is sleeping better too!

RR & Jackie, hope all is well with you two!
Old 01-07-2004, 11:27 AM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

I'm so glad to have the forum back!!

Lauren: I wish Alex as sleeping. Monday night was a complete nightmare. I hit the wall. Literally. And the closet door and I slammed the crib rail down on my foot. Thankfully I was the only one hurt by my infantile rampage. I had a long talk with one of the moms in my playgroup and that really helped. I've tried to do all of the nighttime stuff by myself since I am the one home. I have decided that DH is just going to have to help me. I'm so happy for you that Peter is sleeping. Hopefully Alex will start doing that again soon. He spent most of last night in my bed so I could at least doze.

Hope you guys are having a great day.
Old 01-07-2004, 01:35 PM   #3  

Finally was able to get on here! Had to re-register and it would not take my first name, so finally I got it to accept a partial first and last name and so this is how my username came about

I hate that this happened to them.

I am at work so will be quick

I am happy to say this is day 3 w/o any sodas or sweets! It's amazing just w/o the many sodas I used to have how much different I feel in 3 days. I might splurge this weekend for just one as a treat.

Lauren: That's great about Peter sleeping thru the night.

Karen: Wow!!!!! Hope you did not hurt yourself to bad. I agree that you should not have to do all the nighttime stuff, even if you are a SAH mom.

Well back to work, yuck yuck yuck. We have been so busy today. BTW I work in insurance, commercial dept that is.

Last edited by JackBlack; 01-07-2004 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-07-2004, 02:23 PM   #4  
LBH

Hey guys, I feel connected again since we're back!

Karen, I've been there too many times. My only saving grace is DH helping out/coming to my rescue. Even if all he does is entertain Alex for a little while so you can go for a walk to blow off some steam, or take a bath or do dishes.
Please PM me your address so I can send you a b-day party invitation! Going to try and get them out this weekend.

Jackie, Congrats on no soda/sweets!! Geez, in your short time here you're on User Name #3!!
Old 01-07-2004, 05:05 PM   #5  

Hi guys,

I think I am going to be in trouble with Alex and the dog. She's growled at him twice now. I made excuses the first time because I know she is in pain. This time he was just going towards her and she growled. I always watch him and move him before he gets to close but that really scared me. I've moved her bed into the dining room and blocked it off. She can come in here if she wants but she has to work to do it. My poor girlie. It makes me sad that she's acting this way. I'm scared that she could really hurt him before I could stop her. DH thinks that I am overreacting. I think I'm just trying to keep Alex safe. Thanks ladies. I needed to get that off of my chest.
Old 01-07-2004, 11:01 PM   #6  

Good Evening!

Just got home from work and thought I would check in before I did a few things before bed.

I had such a stressful day at work today! But did not cave in for a soda, so I guess that's good. I am going to see how long I can go w/o one, and try and not drink to many at one time like before. I want to get me some splenda and try with my decaf tea. Right now I have been drinking it unsweet when I have it. Been drinking lots of water and that always makes me feel good.

Brandon (son) and I both walked today for about 20 mins, and rode bikes for about 15 mins. I know that is not much, but it's a start. He is starting to get a little stomach pouch and is rather conscience of it and wants to tone up his muscles. It works for me and gives me a walking partner.

The way I have to post since the site went down is different than before and I can't scroll up to read posts while I am posting, so sorry if I have not addressed everyone. Is their a way to do this easier?

Karen & Lauren: Hope you both have good nights with the boys!

RR: How are you doing this week?

Take care
Old 01-08-2004, 09:08 AM   #7  
LBH

Jackie, yeah, I noticed the quick post window is not there. You should be able to scroll down and see previous posts though. You're not using an iMac, are you? Are you using IE?
Good for you and DS walking!! That's great that he's into it too! Walking and biking for 35 min. is great! I wish we were in a warmer climate so we could get out more.

Karen, What kind of dog is she, I don't remember? Just keep on keeping a close eye on her. If she continues to act aggressive, then maybe you should worry more, but for now, sounds like you've got it covered.

RR...hope all's OK.
Old 01-08-2004, 07:07 PM   #8  

Lauren: I figured it out. No I am not using either of those. Thanks for the help. Now I can see the previous posts. How do you do the smileys? I feel so stupid because I can't figure it out. How's Peter doing? How's your nights been going?

Karen: Hope you are having a good day. How's Alex?

RR: How are you??????

We did not get to walk or ride bikes today. Weather was cold and rainy. I am drinking lots of water, and still have not picked up a soda yet. I have been so tempted though! I did cave for a couple pieces of chocolate, my favorite. Only because it is close to TOM and that is one thing I have not learned how to do without. I knew that I better go ahead and give in and now I am fine.

I needed to work tonite, but I have so much laundry and catching up to do that I decided I would work tomorrow evening instead.

Hope to hear from you all soon! Take care
Old 01-08-2004, 10:01 PM   #9  

Hi guys!!

A couple of friends came over and kept Alex while we went out tonight. It's the first time we have been out alone since Alex got here!! It was for 1 1/2 hr as a trial run. (We went to mall so DH could get a haircut, he has drill this weekend.) He did so well with them!! We are going to go see a movie tomorrow night!! Yipee!! We are going to see Calendar Girls. I can hardly wait. Now, can anyone explain to me why I am comfy letting my friends watch him but not MIL? She had a live-in nanny for her kids so I guess I feel like she won't know what to do. Hmmm. Maybe a little bit of a control issue too. As a joke she has said twice that DYFS was going to take him from me (once for posting a pic on his website of the top of his HEAD 'cause she thought it looked like a butt and once because I put paint on his feet and made footprint wrapping paper) and during the Holidays she said once that I was only allowed to come if I brought him. Now, I know that she did not mean any of these things in a mean way and I know she was only teasing but I DO NOT think it's funny. I haven't told anyone that these comments bothered me so maybe by getting it out here I can start working on getting over it . Sorry for the novela!!

Lauren: She's a Rottie. She's an affectionate wonderful girl,but she's old and sick and wants to be left alone. I can understand that so she's just going to have to stay in the dinning room. I can't put the baby away!! like I can her.

Jackie: Yeah on the no soda!! I got some splenda in the house so I'm doing better staying away from soda again. I would rather have tea but sometimes I get behind making it. I drink it instead of water. I know, I'm bad!!

RR: Hope things are going well!!

Have a great evening (maybe I should say tomorrow at this time of night!!)
Old 01-09-2004, 07:11 AM   #10  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all!!!Been a busy week with #2 but all is well...
Tuesday morning, when I went to brush her hair, I thought she had food in it until I turned on the light and she was bleeding from her right ear..It was everywhere..I almost panicked-took her to the ENT and it was a rupture of some kind of polyp which had grown around a retained ear tube..She is on antibiotics again and they will do surgery in 2 weeks when it is healed..It is soo nasty just dripping constantly...
My mother in law is still here..She had an ear infection and mastoiditis and cant fly..OMG---I begged the ENT to heal her soo we can get her home..I am almost gonna drive her there this weekend!!! It is a month now!!!!!!!!
Kaylee--is doing perfect...She is soo funny..She takes steps and then laughs sooo loud and hard that she falls...She tries to turn around to make sure I am looking and falls and just laughs!!!
She has stopped crying at daycare...She moved to the big class room and loves it!!SHe is the only girl there with 6 boys soo I hope this doesnt make her a "boy lover" when she is older!!!!

Karen--I am sending sleep vibes to Alex!!!Hang in, it does get better!!!

Jackie--Yeah on the walking!!!
Lauren--HELOO!!!!!
Gotta run===monitor detecting movement!!!
RR
Old 01-09-2004, 08:48 AM   #11  
LBH

Hi Guys!

Peter slept through again, from about 9:00-6:25!! Yeah!!

RR- Yuck, #2's problem sounds yucky. Do they have to replace the tubes, or do something else? Has it affected her hearing? Hope MIL is better soon so you can get on with life! Glad to hear Kaylee's doing great though!

Last night Peter stood up without holding on to anything! It was the funniest thing, he was like a weight lifter trying to lift a really heavy weight. You know how they spread their legs to brace themselves, then get up really slowly? That's what he was doing!

Karen- I totally understand how the dog feels. I remember when Niki was old and in pain, she didn't tolerate people as well, even though she was the sweetest dog I ever knew!
Glad Alex did soo well! Enjoy your night out tonight! My mom and her friend saw Calendar Girls and said it was awesome! I can totally relate to the MIL thing! Even though mine raised 4 kids, I would still rather leave him with daycare or a babysitter! We have actually never had a babysitter, just my mom or IL's, but it's never been more than a few hours.

Jackie- If you scroll down to the bottom of the page (when you're doing a Quick Reply, there's a little box that says "Forum Rules". You'll see it says "Smilies are ON" and Smilies is a link. If you click on Smilies, it will open a new window and show you all the smilies. If you just click "Post Reply", instead of Quick Reply, it'll bring you to a new window and the post window as well as the smilies and everything else will be there.
Dare I even ask what "cold" was down there?! Where in FL are you? It's 18 degrees right now. They said we already hit our high of 25 at midnight! It's only supposed to hit 20 today!!

I WANT SUMMER TO COME!!!! ...OK, I'll take anything over 50!!
Old 01-09-2004, 09:58 AM   #12  

Real quick note Lauren: It was in the 30's to 40's. I forgot about you being up north so I guess I can't complain. When you are used to it being warm, that cold is cold, if you know what I mean. LOL Thanks for the info on the smileys, I will play around with it and see what I can do. I live in the Panhandle of Florida near Alabama. I used to live in Tampa, so it was a big change for me to move here 15 years ago thanks to DH.

Karen: Enjoy your date tonite. You deserve it. I can understand about the MIL too. Although I am blessed with good inlaws, they just never offer to keep Brandon and I hate to ask them. Needless to say with all Brandon's health problems etc, we have never really been able to go out that much. My parents live in Tampa and if they lived closer they would be glad to keep him. When we visit them we are able to get away from him for a little. That is something that is beneficial for everyone.

RR: Good to see ya!! I don't envy you one bit with having the MIL for one month. Hope you have a great weekend.

Well I am at work so I need to go before someone realizes I am not working.

Jackie

Last edited by JackBlack; 01-09-2004 at 10:44 PM.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:02 PM   #13  

Where is everyone??????

Just got in from work this evening. I went in about 7:30AM til 2PM, and then from 5:15PM-8:45PM. I have so much work from being off the week of x-mas and new year's that it feels I will never get caught up.

I figured out the smiley's!!!!!!!

Does anyone have any special plans for the weekend? Just the same ole same ole around here. I hope the weather is good on weekend so I can walk and ride bikes. I have stayed on track all week with lots of water and no soda

I am so tired and can't think of anything else for now.

Karen: Hope you and DH had fun at the movies!

Good night all

Jackie
Old 01-10-2004, 11:15 AM   #14  
LBH

Hey!

We went to Party City last night and got all the supplies for Peter's party! Man, I think parties from now on will be frugal, because this one sure was expensive! Of course, it'll probably just be immediate families from now on too, not a firehouse full of people! (Heck, for all I know, the extended family won't come!)

The roll is over...Peter was up at 1:30 to nurse and go back down, then again at about 4:20, til 5:00! I tried nursing him but that didn't work. Then I made him a bottle and he sucked that down (almost 9 oz!) and still wasn't asleep, so I corked him and sat and cuddled for a few minutes, then put him down. We did that a couple times and finally he stayed asleep! He woke up at a little after 8:00, and is still awake! We will be working on a nap within the next 40 minutes or so.

Today I have been cleaning...what else is new?! Karen, speaking of cleaning, one of the girls on another board I post on was asking if anyone had a floormate and what they thought of it. I told her that I knew someone that had one and swore by it, and related your story of how you get soo much crap up, compared to the swiffer wet. Now there's like, 5-6 girls that want it! I'd want it to, if I had all tile/hard wood!

We got the LR & bathroom cleaned a few nights ago, because I friend of mine was stopping over to see Peter. Today I am working on the corner of the LR where "stuff" collects! We decided we really have to start ironing on Sunday's, or something, so we can actually put the ironing board away...instead of it sitting in the corner of the LR all the time.

Hope you all are having a more exciting weekend than me!!
Old 01-10-2004, 05:49 PM   #15  

Hi Guys,

Hope everyone is having a great day!! The movie was GREAT!! I really liked it and so did DH. Alex did fine with my friends. In fact, they said he was a very good boy. He's sitting in my lap playing with a most annoying baby pooh that one of them gave him. I really hate pooh! not the cartoon or the book, just all the merchandizing stuff.

gotta go!
Closed Thread