Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 10:25 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default **Week of 9/28**

Hi All,

Well, with my gain yesterday, I'm more determined not to cave. I can't get soo confident after two weeks of lose...especially the first two weeks on WW!

Remember that job I mentioned? Well, I guess they weren't as desperate as they originally acted! I talked to the recruiter Friday, and she said she finally talked to the woman and they had been in a seminar, that's why she hadn't gotten back to her. She said that of all the resumes she looked at, mine was the best though, so the recruiter said maybe Tuesday I'll have an interview.

I have been enjoying the most delicious breakfast lately. I tend to spend a lot of points on breakfast, since it's my favorite meal, but it's really filling. I make a pancake (1/3 c. mix = 3 pts.), add a few (maybe 10) blueberries, 1/2 c. cottage cheese (2 pts.), and 3 Healthy Choice sausage patties (2 pts.). I use sugar free syrup. It's 7 pts., but it's soo yummy!!

I also made a really yummy chicken one night and I think I will just make a bunch of it and have it with salads. I marinated boneless, skinless breasts in Newman's Own Lite Balsamic Italian dressing and it was sooo good. I pounded the breasts nice and thin, which I think made a big difference.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Old 09-28-2003, 04:23 PM   #2  

hi all. Dh took me out to dinner last night to celebrate my bday. I went a little over point wise, but not bad. If I had stayed away from the rolls, I would have been fine.

Lauren - sorry about the gain. I usually gain 2-4 lbs during pms. ~ HOpe you get the interview! ~ I love to have chicken with my salads. I like to have protein with each meal.

have a great Sunday and great week all.

Rabbit
Old 09-28-2003, 08:22 PM   #3  
LBH

Rabbit, happy birthday!! When is it, Tuesday??
Old 09-29-2003, 02:16 AM   #4  
Rattie Lover

Hi all..

Still suffering from a stone or badd infection. Going to Drs. tomorrow if I can get in..if not..to urgent care. Tired of peeing blood and not being able to sit here for more than 15-20 minutes without sizzling...blah.

Take care..will be back when I feel better...good news is I lost another 3 pounds this week..I think Glu is working!! Yippee!
Old 09-29-2003, 12:01 PM   #5  
LBH

Hi All,

Well, my car is headed for the shop...again!!! This time it needs a starter! When I left my WW meeting Saturday AM, the car wouldn't start. So I called AAA and they came (surprisingly) within 40 minutes. He tried for about 15 minutes, but finally got it started. He jumped it from the starter, kind of. He said I needed a starter. So I went to the bank, then home. Of course when I turned it off and tried to turn it back on, it wouldn't start. So DH tried charging it with this thing he has that goes from lighter to lighter. That didn't work.

So after my meeting at Unemployment this AM, I came home and dug out my extended warranty info and called them. Thankfully, the starter is covered! I thought my warranty was up at 70K miles, I have 61K miles, but they said 100,000 miles. Whatever, far be it from me to question them! I got the guys name. Then I called the local dealership...who I don't like, but if the car doesn't start, I will have to have it towed, and since we only have basic AAA, they pay for the first 3.5 miles and it's 1/mile after that. This dealership is about 6-7 miles away, whereas the one I'd like to go to is about 18 miles away! Anyway, they can't get me in until Wednesday, so I booked it.

Peter & I are supposed to be leaving Thursday AM for Virginia for the weekend to visit an old friend of mine! The guy said he could have it done though.

Argh...sure is Monday around here!!
Old 09-29-2003, 12:33 PM   #6  

hi all. I lost one lb this week. I thought it was going to be 2 because I was down 2 lbs on Saturday, but oh well. I'll take it!

Angel - congrats on your terrific loss. Hope you are feeling better.

Lauren - thanks and yes, my birthday is Tuesday. ~ Virginia sounds like a fun trip.

gotta run.

Rabbit
199/197.5/189halloween
Old 09-29-2003, 01:37 PM   #7  
LBH

Congrats on the loss Rabbit & Noodles!

I just realized something...I've had this piece of crap (my car) for 4 yrs. today!
Old 09-30-2003, 10:54 AM   #8  

hi all!

Today is my birthday. I am 42. I am having a facial this afternoon to celebrate.

Rabbit
199/197.5/189halloween
Old 09-30-2003, 11:01 AM   #9  
LBH

Have a great day Rabbit!! Hope you feel like a after your facial!
Old 09-30-2003, 01:12 PM   #10  
Donna

Hi all,

Can't seem to get back on track these last couple of weeks diet wise. I just seem to be hungry all the time and nothing good for me looks good so I've been eating junk. Tonight is the time of reconning, when I go to WW I'm sure I'll be up, but we'll see how bad it is.

Rabbit - Congrats on the loss! And Happy Birthday!!!!

LBH - Sorry about the gain, and all the car problems. Hope you get it back in time for vacation.

Noodles - Hope you're doctor can help!!

"Talk" to you all later.

-Tech
Old 09-30-2003, 06:40 PM   #11  

Default Hi, I'm new

Hi, I am new and was looking around and found the 30 somethings forum. I am in serious need of some weight loss buddies!!

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say Hi!

I'm just gonna try to jump in here and start posting. I will post my bio in the bio sticky so y'all will have some info about me.
Old 09-30-2003, 08:36 PM   #12  
LBH

Hi Julie!! Welcome!
Old 10-01-2003, 11:37 AM   #13  
LBH

Well, didn't i say it was too good to be true? OK, I was thinking it...it's not the starter...well, it may be the starter, but the battery is dead, so I have to get a new battery, then they can hook it up and check the starter! !@#$% They wanted 150. for parts and labor for the battery....I was like WHAT?!?! So I called the auto parts store and DH is picking one up for $68.19+tx. and putting it in at the dealership, then they can test the starter! That's why I hated that dealership!!
Old 10-01-2003, 11:56 AM   #14  

Getting work done at an actual dealership is always more expensive than having it done at a body shop or buying the parts and doing it yourself. Those dealerships do all they can to get $$ from you, lol.

DH knows how to do minor repair work and my dad can do alot of the major stuff, so if we have a problem, they usually attempt the fix first. Otherwise, we know a guy that owns a shop and he always just lets us pay later. Lucky for us.

Sorry that you are having car problems. I hope that it gets fixed quickly and that you don't have any more trouble!
Old 10-01-2003, 06:21 PM   #15  

hi all. I had a great birthday. Dh got me a tennis racket charm for my charm bracelet - I love it - such a thoughtful gift. I played in the league this morning, really racking up those AP's. And I made my salad for lunch before I left, that is working out great.

Lauren - yes I did feel like a queen!

Tech - how did weigh in go?

Julie - welcome! How old are your twins/

have a good one - Rabbit
199/197.5/189halloween
Closed Thread