Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 10:13 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default **Kid Chat: Week of 9/28**

Hi All,

I think Peter's got an ear infection or something. He's not acting like he's in any pain, except for getting crying fussy during the night sometimes, but for about a week now, maybe 3x, I've noticed some orange'y brown wax drainage on the outside of his right ear. He's not messing with his ears, so i don't know. I clean them out after his bath...as best I can with a squirmy baby.

How are Kaylee and Alex?
Old 09-28-2003, 07:43 PM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

Well, we are back to a newborn nighttime schedule. Do babies have nightmares? He is waking up screaming 2 or 3 times a night. I pick him up and give him the boob and he's back to sleep in less than 30 seconds. I don't know what to do. The last time he woke up last night I gave him two teething tablets and he slept the rest of the night. I'm exhausted.

Lauren: Sorry Petey isn't feeling well. Trust me I feel for you!! I hope the job interview goes well. Let us know how things turn out.

We bought Alex a booster seat instead of a high chair yesterday. I just couldn't figure out where I would put the high chair when we weren't actually using it. I think this is going to work out better.

Here's a happy boy picture:
Old 09-28-2003, 07:45 PM   #3  

And not so happy boy (literally seconds apart!!!):
Old 09-28-2003, 08:19 PM   #4  
LBH

Karen, I really like that booster, what kind is it? The clip on seat I got is such a pain in the butt, I can't stand it! The IL's have a booster for the grandkids, but it's not nearly as nice as that. Alex is getting soo big! He looks completely different than when I saw him!!

Oh, and yes, babies can have night terrors!! One of the girls on another board I post on had that with her son. As soon as they picked him up and turned the light on, he was fine. The Ped. told her he'd grow out of it. Sounds like it may be teeth with Alex though.
Old 09-29-2003, 10:32 PM   #5  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all!!!
We have an appointment tomorrow at 9 with the Neurosurgeon..I will post with the results..DH thinks I am nutty cuz I took a pic of one of Kaylee's brain pics soo I can put it in her baby book..I will send it when he downloads it for me..I had to pick up her films and I just thought that brain was too beautiful not to take a pic~~~~

Karen--Those moods change quick!!! Poor baby, it is strange to think they have nightmares!!! Hope this changes soon!!

Lauren--Hope Petey is better!!
Gotta run!!
RR
Old 09-30-2003, 09:14 AM   #6  
LBH

Hey,

Well, I got close to my breaking point last night. I almost lost it...sat in tears. Peter slept from 11:40-1:45 yesterday afternoon. That was the only nap he took all day. I took him for a walk around 7 last night, and he fell asleep. I knew he would cause he was practically asleep in his highchair at dinner! So I carefully put him in bed and he was out. I went out to get the mail and came back to him crying and wide awake. So I brought him out to the LR to play, because it was early for bedtime. Around 8:30 I started trying to get him to nurse and go to sleep. He was a monster. Didn't wanna nurse, didn't wanna cuddle, didn't wanna play...just whine and cry. So I took him in his room and gave him some gas drops because he'd been doing quite a bit of burping. I put him in his crib while I searched around under the changing table for the drops...that he kicked off earlier. He was laughing hysterically...like it was the funniest thing he ever saw...which just pushed my buttons more. So I gave him the drops, laid him down and left. I must've put him down 15 times...at least. Finally took him back out to the LR because he just kept laughing. ARGH!!! Finally at 9:15 he nursed and went to sleep. I know it was only 45 min., but it seemed like hrs!! When DH got home at 9:30, I was in bed eating cookies, beside myself!

He slept until 4:00 this AM (although I was up at 2:30 checking on him during a bathroom break because I was shocked...thankful, but shocked!) He nursed, fell back to sleep, then woke up 5 min. later. I just turned the monitor down and told DH I can't deal wiht it. He got up a few minutes later and tried. Of course his idea of trying is bringing him out to the LR and turning the tv on mute. He was up til 5:15! Then he slept until 7:10 when I got up with him.

This sleeplessness has to stop!!! I wouldn't get any piece all day if it weren't for whatever nap he takes and The Wiggles DVD!! Yesterday we watched it at least 5 times!! Good thing he doesn't care if it's the same one!

Anyway, sorry for the vent, just feeling a little stressed.
Old 09-30-2003, 01:16 PM   #7  

hi guys,

well i finally heard from the lady in the playgroup last night. we got together this am at my house. her little boy is almost three and her little firl is 8 mos. i felt bad for the little boy 'cause i have no big boy toys, i put in buzz lightyear and he played with the coasters. i did put out what toys i had but he wanted the coasters, .

lauren: i got the seat at toys r us. they are having a sale right now, 15% off. i so hear you about the sleeping thing. i feel like a zombie. hope it gets better soon for both of us.

gotta go. hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 10-01-2003, 03:20 PM   #8  

One of the twins did something cute today. While I was doing the floor part of my exercise tape, he decided to get down in the floor and do them with me. It was so cute and funny to watch him! He'd stick his leg out and lift it up and down, LOL!
Old 10-01-2003, 09:33 PM   #9  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Too funny about the twins!! How old are they????
WElcome to our chat group!!!

Lauren and Karen--I am soo with U on sleepless nights..except multiply that by 2 more kids, brain stressing job etc etc..Well Kaylee will be fine!!! I am now relaxed on that issue!!!
THe Neurosurgeon wants to see her in 6 months and said not to worry about anything that it will completely resolve around 18 months and he will rescan then to be sure!!!! I have been jumping with joy!! He called it "constitutional macrocrania" and said that the extra fluid in the subarachnoid space will absorb and things will go back into place in the back(cerebular tonsils)..I took a pic of her brain on the brain scan and will get DH to download it..I saw all her teeth on that MRI!!!!!
Gotta bathe!!!
PS..THe old hag reared her nasty head this morning!!! DH smiled and said...we can have a baby by July if we try in 2 weeks!!!I hung up on him!!!
Vicki
Old 10-01-2003, 09:58 PM   #10  

Hi guys,

Whew, for the first time in at least a month Alex is asleep in his bassinette and I'm not there!! Last night he ended up sleeping with us because he just wouldn't go to sleep. I put him in between us and let him play until he cried then nursed him to sleep. I just didn't have the energy to climb over him, put down the rail, get up and put him in the bassinette. I get hardly any sleep when he's there. I'm too worried about hurting him.

RR: I'm SO glad that Kaylee is gonna be OK. I know you must feel alot better. I've no idea how you manage with all the kiddos...you are my mom hero!!

Figgy: Welcome to the group. I've no idea how you deal with twins. I'm having enough trouble with one!!

OK, don't want to waste my baby free time so I'm gonna go in search of some pre-FEEP!! Bye!!
Old 10-02-2003, 08:05 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally posted by RoadRunner
Too funny about the twins!! How old are they????
They are three.
Old 10-02-2003, 08:38 AM   #12  
LBH

Hi Guys!

Julie that's hysterical. I can't wait til Peter starts doing funny things like that! OK, yes I can wait, he's growing up waaaay too fast!

RR, Yeah, AF just showed up here yesterday for the second time. Old hag...just in time to go away!

Karen, Yeah for Alex sleeping in his bassinet!! I'm going to Buy Buy Baby and returning the seat I had and exchanging it for one similar to yours this AM before I leave.

Have a great weekend all, not sure if I'll be able to check in or not.
Closed Thread