Old 07-15-2019, 12:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Keto/Low Carb

Hey guys! Fellow 30-something here! I thought I would start a new thread for anyone trying the Keto or low carb way of eating. I want to record victories, struggles, recipes, etc.

I started eating low carb, hat fat in January. Since then, I have lost around 35 pounds. I have been maintaining for the past 3 months and it is time to get back down to business. I am having a hard time eating healthy every day. I will do well for 2 days and then eat something off plan which puts my weight back where I was...so I've been losing and gaining the same 2-3 pounds for the last 2 weeks. I told myself that I need to figure out a way to motivate myself more. I am a teacher, so I am off work right now, but will start back officially on August 1. I feel like it will be easier to stay on plan once I go back to work, but I would like to get back on track now before school starts back. I thought about doing a weekly weigh in and if I show a loss on the scale, I will put $5 in a jar. Over time, my hopes would be to keep adding money and then use it to buy new clothes. I don't know...I know eating LCHF makes me feel so much better and gives me tons of energy, but it is just so hard for me this time to stay on track. For 3 months, I did great and then something happened. I'm not sure what. Maybe I just got tired of being different than everyone else.

Anyway, right now is a new moment...tomorrow is a new day...planning on making better choices tomorrow. Here's my meal plan for tomorrow:
B: eggs w/spinach cooked in bacon fat
L: ham, spinach, & cream cheese wraps, green olives, homemade dill pickles
D: bacon wrapped chicken breasts & yellow squash

My weight this morning was 200.2. I hope to be 198 or less by next Sunday.

Last edited by sgregg; 07-15-2019 at 12:09 AM.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 10:33 AM   #2  

Daily weigh-in:
Sun., July 14: 200.2
Mon., July 15: 200

Let's talk about breakfast...
My plan is to eat 2 eggs with spinach cooked in bacon fat. I am not hungry so instead I'm drinking my coffee with heavy whipping cream and splenda naturals (stevia blend). I am going to listen to my body today for hunger cues and only eat when I'm truly hungry. I am going to say NO to snacks and urges to mindless munching.
Old 07-15-2019, 09:06 PM   #3  

Today has gone fairly well. Here's what I have eaten today:
Breakfast: 2 eggs with spinach cooked in bacon fat; bacon; sausage; coffee with HWC & sweetener
Lunch: ham rollups with cream cheese, leftover bacon, and spinach; green olives; pickles
Dinner: leftover chicken drumsticks and green beans (I ended up eating this instead of making what was on my plan.)
Snacks: pork rinds, almonds, fat bomb

I found myself hungry only a couple of hours after lunch. On keto, meals should last you at least 4-6 hours. You also shouldn't need any snacks. I don't think I needed the snacks, I just felt like I needed one. It's hard being at home...my diet will thank me when work starts back up.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:15 AM   #4  

Daily weigh-in:
Tues., July 16: 198.4

Plan for 7/16/19

B: coffee w/HWC, sweetener, & butter (BPC)
L: going to Memphis with my hubby, so we will probably get something while we are out. I'm going to try hard to only eat something that is on plan...some kind of meat and veggie...or only meat if that's what I have to settle for.
D: bacon wrapped chicken and squash
Old 07-17-2019, 12:25 AM   #5  

I have been successful today. For lunch, we were home so I had a leftover pork chop, sliced pepperonis, green olives, a bite of cheese, and a few salted almonds.
I did get hungry before dinner time so I ate a few almonds and a fat bomb that I made the other day. For dinner, I ended up making homemade chicken nuggets and balsamic garlic green beans. I used almond flour to make a crust for the nuggets. It actually turned out very good.

Plan for tomorrow:
B: eggs w/spinach & feta
L: leftover nuggets
D: ? I haven’t looked in my freezer to see what I have left. I’ll update tomorrow morning.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:59 AM   #6  

Daily weigh-in:
Wed., July 17: 196.2

A new low for me today!
I found some ground beef in the bottom of my deep freezer, so I think I'm going to make hamburgers this evening. I should be able to grill. We've had a bunch of rain lately due to Barry...not sure if it was considered a hurricane or a tropical storm...I just haven't been following the news much lately. I see sunshine this morning, so I'm hopeful that it has passed. It has been nice having a couple of cooler days due to cloud cover and rain though.

Here's to another on-plan day and hopefully a loss on the scale in the AM!
Old 07-18-2019, 08:17 AM   #7  

Daily weigh-in:
Thurs., July 18: 197.2

Well, yesterday, DH and I decided to go out to eat. I did eat a bunless burger, but he ordered some fries to go with them, so I ended up eating some of those and I had ice cream afterwards. So, that is why I'm showing a gain on the scale. I'm not beating myself up about it, though, and I'm just going to get right back on plan today. I will try to get in plenty of water to flush out any excess water retention from eating carbs yesterday.
Plan for today:
B: coffee & eggs w/spinach
L: Vienna sausages with sliced cheddar cheese and green olives
D: going to do something with the ground beef I thawed out yesterday...
Old 07-20-2019, 11:41 AM   #8  

Daily weigh-in:
Thurs., July 18: 197.2
Fri., July 19: 196.4
Sat., July 20: 195.2

I am completely shocked that I was at 195 this morning. I did not eat completely on plan yesterday. However, I did eat my last meal around 3-4 and did not snack on anything else for the rest of the day. I drank my water and then went to bed earlier than usual. Since I've been back on track with my eating, my sleep has been horrible. I can't fall asleep quickly. It probably takes me a good 20-30 minutes to fall asleep...feels like so much longer....and my sleep is restless. My back has been hurting lately. I tried sleeping on a different pillow last night, which seemed to help some, but not much. I had to get on up this morning so that my back would stop hurting...it still hurts some, but not as bad as when I'm lying down. Guess it's time for a new mattress.

Meal plan for today:
Breakfast: eggs & bacon, coffee (ate around 10am)
Lunch/Dinner: brats on the grill, with sautéed peppers and onions, & corn
Old 08-31-2020, 03:38 PM   #9  

You can weigh in twice a week, once a week, every other week or just at the beginning and end of the month - whatever you feel comfortable with. I'm looking forward to seeing your big losses (or gains if that is what you are aiming for) as the month goes on.
amelbeabk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 03:39 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amelbeabk View Post
You can weigh in twice a week, once a week, every other week or just at the beginning and end of the month - whatever you feel comfortable with. I'm looking forward to seeing your big losses (or gains if that is what you are aiming for) as the month goes on.
I cannot link it here as my permissions aren't there yet, but if you put Journey to Freedom in Google, it is the first entry that pops up. You can also buy it on Amazon. It is the first in a series of 5 books.

snaptube vidmate word to pdf

Last edited by amelbeabk; 09-01-2020 at 04:03 PM.
amelbeabk is offline   Reply With Quote