Old 01-28-2019, 10:13 PM   #1  

Unhappy Where to start????

Let me begin with this. 3 Years ago I weighed 240lbs. I manged to drop down to 195 which was the lowest weight that I had been since before my first pregnancy in 2009. 2 years ago I weighed that 195 and was sure that I was on my way to my goal of 150. I started a new job were food was always available. Since then I have ballooned back up to almost 250!! I weighed myself today and almost started to cry. I knew that I was gaining weight because I had to buy new uniforms for work and spent most of my time off in sweat pants and hoodies. I am currently packing and looked at my size mediums that fit me those 2 years ago and it makes me sick that I let myself go, again. I need motivation and support. My husband tries his best, but I am just about to the point of contemplating starvation to loose the weight. I am in nursing school with 2 kids and we are moving into the first home we have ever owned. My stress levels have never been higher. I simply cannot allow myself to be like this anymore. Im starting to pull away from my husband and find it hard to wear anything that isnt baggy or loose. any suggestions?
dietingdisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 10:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 193/159/140

Height: 5'9"

Give yourself the same two years it took to put that weight on on an eating plan that attracts you. Two years you can take off 100 pounds.
Don’t do starvation. Give yourself time to take it off. That way you’ll enjoy life more. And forgive yourself. Most of us here have taken weight off only to put it back on. You’re in good company. But find the eating plan of your choice. Do some research and think about which plan fits into your lifestyle and personal taste. You can do this. Love yourself. You deserve it.

Last edited by Follena; 01-28-2019 at 10:44 PM.
Follena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 11:14 PM   #3  
mjf

If you're aiming for long-term weight loss success, starving yourself is not the most efficient way to do it. If you starve yourself you'll lose muscle, and if you lose muscle you won't be able to burn calories as quickly. It'll also negatively affect your health in other ways. You should be able to lose about 2 lb per week (you may be able to lose weight at a faster rate in the first few weeks).

Focus on eating a healthy and balanced diet. Eat a lot of vegetables. Eat enough protein and healthy fats. If you have any junk food in your home, I suggest throwing it out so you won't be tempted.

If you're not sure how good your diet is, you can post a list of foods that you eat, and I'll let you know if I have any suggestions.
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:53 AM   #4  
Time for a change!

S/C/G: 245/234/170

Height: 5'5.5

Oh hun

First of all - huge hugs. You have made the first step joining the site. Im newly rejoined as well.

Secondly - I am the same as you so please do not think you are alone in this!
I got down to 14st (196) then found out I was pregnant which I sadly lost.........lost another 2st (28lbs) through stress and was happy at 12st (168) and then found out I was pregnant again with my daughter and gave up the dieting and exercise to make sure my pregnancy went smoothly.

Now my daughter is 8 years old, I have procrastinated long enough and tried to ignore the inevitable weight gain and I am sat at 238lbs and this is the heaviest I have ever been.
I dont feel attractive to my husband. I have no drive or energy and would rather chill on the sofa eating snacks watching a boxset but this is no kind of life.
I think I have like 2 pairs of trousers that fit and I cover everything up in baggy jumpers or hoodies.
Something needs to change, but it wont change over night.

You have taken the first step. Dont be hard on yourself. Take it slowly and stay focused. We can do this

(and if you need a diet buddy, give me a shout!)
LittleLostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 03:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 218.6/195/175

Height: 5'4"

Hi! I'm new to this site as well but in a similar position. You are definitely not alone. I've worked the weight off only to give up and watch the pounds come back. I'm at 218 right now and I want to motivate myself to stay with it this time. No excuses for me this time! My work is a lot like yours...someone is always bringing in donuts. I need to resist.

Congrats on owning your first home. Though it seems stressful right now, maybe you can channel some of your energy into that in a positive way. I have been there and it's super hard to focus on diet and workouts when you are juggling multiple responsibilities.
denver_determined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 181/169/150

Height: 5'4

Hi gals. Oh freak, those clothes that don't fit. I pull on everything all the time. We have this awesome expression "ruk en pluk" which means pull and push and fiddle with which is what I feel like I'm doing all the time with clothes.

So I started a week ago (last Monday) and I've lost 3.5 pounds (we do kgs - 1.6 kgs) I can't complain, but once you make the decision to start losing it feels like it takes forever! But 1 foot in front of the other, I reckon.

So I understand the feeling of wanting to cry when you get on the scale, the feeling of the journey ahead being never ending, and the feeling of just wanting to hide away. But I believe we can do this! I believe it more strongly when there isn't food around Let's do this.
momwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 09:23 PM   #7  
20at30

@dietingdisaster I work in healthcare too, and I wonder if you experience some of the same feelings I do around food at work... i.e. it's super helpful to just keep energized and keep going... and it sometimes feels like there's literally nothing else beyond food (more food than I need, to be clear) that will get me through a day. So it feels like the only option sometimes, even though it (hopefully) isn't.

I wonder if your insurance would cover a dietitian / nutritionist? Might be helpful to have at least one initial meeting to get some ideas for an individualized plan for you, if that's workable with your insurance coverage.

Good luck; hang in there!!

-K
20at30.wordpress.com
venusinfurs2218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 04:54 PM   #8  

first of all a hug.
I've been losing and gaining weight for years. After pregnancy I did not check how much I ate and now I do not recognize myself anymore when I look at myself.
I cry when pants tighten or do not close. I also use sweaters or big sweatshirts that cover me ... actually I look even bigger.

If you think you are alone you are not!
Starting in a new home, your first home can be a good reason to start over, to give you positive energy to keep going.
it's a great start!
I hope this novelty will help you get away from the call of food.

I decided to start a journey followed by a qualified person, and I thought to take some time for myself (even if a little), I want to use this time to do some sporting activity. I hope in this way to be constant.
I can do it at home, I can not go to the gym.
still a big hug
maddy87 is offline   Reply With Quote