3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   Easter Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/3156-easter-goals.html)

Rabbit 03-21-2001 05:49 PM

Hi. Forgot to talk about the fact that I'm leaving tomorrow. I will miss weigh in - I think I mentioned that. But I wanted to go over my challenge for last week and set this week's.

I did great on getting my fiber in this week and plan to continue counting that. My challenge for this next week is something I REALLY REALLY need to work on because it's what has been killing me this week. My challenge for this next week is not to bring anything "bad" into the house. If it is not here, it will not be around to tempt me and I won't have to rely on willpower to get me through (willpower is NOT working).

Have a great successful weekend all - see you Sunday or Monday.

Rabbit:wave:

BFB - Just read your edited post about your 22 points/day. Here you would have 22-27 points. I wonder why there is a difference? Do you get extra points for exercise?

TechAlum 03-22-2001 11:24 AM

Happy Friday Eve Everyone :D

Well I went to WI last night and I'm down another 0.4 lbs. It's not much, but it's the 3rd week in a row, maybe I've finally kicked the one week down, the next up, next down.... syndrome.

I think for this week I'm going to join Rabbit in not bringing stuff I can't control into the house. My main problem is chips. At least I don't sit down and eat a whole bag like I did in college, but sometimes it's close :o.

Rabbit - Hope you have (or had) a great weekend. I need to get away sooooooo bad. Maybe in a month or so for a weekend.

BFB - My stats are similar to Rabbit's, original starting weight/current weight/Easter Goal/My goal. I think the WW goal is to low for my shape (it's lower than when I graduated from High School, and if I look at pictures I was skinny then). I figure when I get closer or at least under 200 I'll talk it over with my doctor.

Have a great week end everyone. It's supposed to snow here :(.

- Tech :spin:
249.2 / 238.6 / 236 / 170ish (2.6 to go in 3 weeks :rolleyes: )

BigFatBooty 03-24-2001 03:44 PM

UK program - losing out on points!

Hope y'all doing well.

Rabbit - in response to your question: I get 22 points and you can earn as many bonus points as you want - but they advise you to only eat 12 of them per week.

I do the points allocation (for women only) table for the UK program here:

under 140lbs - 18 points
140 - 168lbs - 20 points
168 - 196lbs - 22 points
196 - 224lbs - 24 points
224 - 252lbs - 26 points
252 - 280lbs - 28 points
over 280lbs - 30 points

for men and young people, you just add on another 6 points to the female point allocation.

Hope this makes sense to you. Anyway have a great weekend everyone :D

Whoops
202.5/189.5/187.5/? :s:

jhawk 03-26-2001 10:44 AM

Hello all...

Well, Rabbit, your Illini whipped my Jayhawks on Friday night. Darn it. It was so hard to watch, but there is always next year and our sophs our outstanding so the future is definitely bright.

I missed another weigh in. I have been dealing with a family emergency that I won't burden you with, but between that and an incredibly hectic work environment, things are not going so well for me. :?: I think that for now surviving has to be my goal, so I'm probably going to be pretty scarce for a while.

Good luck to all of you.

Jhawk

freesha 03-26-2001 02:22 PM

Happy monday everyone!
I weighed in Sat. and was down .3 . Last week I think I went a little to high on my points. But I did manage to stay within my points range this weekend. Hopefully this week I can keep them lower.

Rabbit - hope you had a good trip!

TechAlum - congrats on your .4 loss. Any loss is a good loss! I agree with you and Rabbit about keeping the "bad" stuff out of the house. I'm doing that this week too.

BFB - Hope you had a good weekend!
I like the bear you put on your post. It is too cute!

JHawk - sorry to hear about your family stuff and hectic work schedual. I hope things get better for you soon.

Have a great day everyone! And an even better week!

Julie

Rabbit 03-26-2001 06:19 PM

HI all. I'm back. Had a great weekend - except for foodwise. I swear, I have been eating crazy since my mom's birthday. And I know my weigh in this week will show it. But I've got to go or else I won't get back on track. Today, so far, so good.

Tech - congrats on your loss!:D I'm finding what you're losing.:( My weekend was great, first it was work, then off to my sister's for my niece's birthday party. Fun was had by all.

BFB - Interesting about the pts. Here's ours:
under 150 18-23 pts
150-174 20-25 pts
175-199 22-27 pts
200-224 24-29 pts
225-249 26-31 pts
250-274 28-33 pts
275-299 29-34 pts
300-324 30-35 pts
325-349 31-36 pts

I don't know that there is any difference for men. And I don't know if we have a suggested limit on points earned for exercise - as far as I know. we don't. I wonder if things are worth the same pt value. You'd think this would be the same all over.

jhawk - I was glad to see the Illini win on Friday but bummed when they lost yesterday.:( Sorry to hear you are having a rough patch, sure hope things are looking up soon. Check in when you can!

Freesha - congrats on your loss! Hopefully this will inspire me to do better.

Tomorrow I will be grocery shopping and must remember my challenge!

Rabbit

BigFatBooty 03-27-2001 09:59 AM

Ain't No Hiding From The Truth...

:cry:
Not good ladies, the greedy fairy took a hold of me two days ago and it held me to ransom. It forced crisps and cadbury's mini eggs down my throat, I tried to fight back, but I was too weak!

So I have gained back the 2lbs that I lost last week - you could say I found 2lbs :lol:

Hope everyone does much better than me and to say one thing in my favour, I am gonna pick myself up and get back on track. I admit that I did my water, but did not exercise once.

Rabbit - maybe I need to move to the US - you get more points and more food. I would have also assumed that the system would be exactly the same worldwide. Wonder why it isnt.

JHawk - hope the emergency and hassle works out ok for you. Keep your chin up.

Tech - at the start of the thread, you said you didn't meet the St Pat's goal, let me go on record now to say I may not meet the Easter one!

One last thing - any tips on how I can defeat the greedy fairy next time.

The shameful stats -
202.5/189.5/189.5:cry:/? 4lbs to go to Easter :

jhawk 03-27-2001 10:14 AM

Hello again gang :)

Thanks so much for all your kind words. To further illustrate the wackiness of my life right now, I decided yesterday that although there was a lot going on in my life that I couldn't control, my weight did not have to be one of them. So...I went and officially rejoined WW. Which, I realize, is a 180 degree change from my saying that I was going to just focus on surviving...but its my perogative to change my mind, right? :D I am hoping that when everything is spiraling out of control, I can use my control and focus on WW eating/weight loss to anchor me...here's hoping anyway. :dizzy:

It sounds like others are having a hard time, too. BFB, don't sweat the 2 lbs...you still sound mightily motivated to get back on track and that it what is important.

Rabbit, glad you had a good weekend. I can relate to the food difficulties, but as long as you recognize them as that, you're headed in the right direction. Hang in there...

Tech and Freesha...congrats on the losses! You are both an inspiration. I hope to report a loss right along with you next week.

Jhawk :cool:
(Who is back on track and finally brave enough to post her stats...)
200.7/190.4/155-ish
Easter Goal (revised): 186

BigFatBooty 03-27-2001 01:46 PM

Jhawk

although i should be in hiding for the rest of the week, just wanted to post to say congratulations on rejoining WW and for posting your stats :D

Good luck :spin:

Rabbit 03-27-2001 04:35 PM

Hi all. I stayed within points yesterday and it was so, so hard! (because I've been eating so ridiculously). Thank goodness I don't have anything bad in the house - I actually searched for chocolate last night. Lordy, lordy. This is tough!

BFB - Sorry about the greedy fairy and about the 2 pounds. I am right there with you now and we just gotta turn this thing around. And hey, why should you be in hiding?

jhawk - well, good thinking on your part! No sense in losing control of your eating habits. And it could be a great anchor for you in a stressful time. Hooray for being brave about the stats too.

Rabbit
230/170/166Easter/158WW

TechAlum 03-28-2001 02:48 PM

Yea the week is half over :D (I know I'm wishing my life away.)

Went to WI last night and I lost 2 lbs. That's four losses in a row. :D YEA! YEA!

My goal for this week is to try to do as well as last week (excluding Saturday, but that's another story). Unfortunately I had a 7 am meeting this morning, so when lunch rolled around I didn't want my Smart One's lunch I'd planned, I stopped at McD's. :o Oh well, tomorrows another day.

Rabbit - Congrats on your first day back OP. You can do it, we know you can!!!

Jhawk - Glad you joined WW even when you didn't think you had it in you. Just remember that you don't have to be perfect. Trying to do that when I first started back in Sept. almost led to a meltdown on my part. I had to realize that with all that's going on in my life right now, dieting needs to be something easy and non-stressful. And even though I'm only averaging a half pound a week, at least I'm not gaining ;).

Julie - Congrats on your .3 lb loss. Like you told me take it any way you can get it.

BFB - Sorry to hear about the greedy faeries. I'm not sure how to get rid of them, but I've noticed I get the munchies when I'm stressed, bored, tired or skip a meal and am over hungry. What I try to do (but it doesn't always work) is identify the root cause and try to fix that problem w/o eating. If I'm tired - take a nap, if I'm bored - hide in the basement and quilt or read a good book, I haven't totally figured out what to do about stress or skipping meals yet, except to try to avoid that. Good luck getting back on track :D.

Have a great rest of the week everyone, even if I'm not posting I read yours and think about you.

- Tech :spin:
249.2 / 236.6 / 236 / 170ish (0.6 to go in 2 weeks :) )

Rabbit 03-28-2001 06:13 PM

HI all. Yesterday I was 2 pts over. Today I hope to be op, so far - so good. Tomorrow night is face the music night. It will be a relief to have it over with. I know there's only 2 weeks left and I've went in the wrong direction, but I must deal with the choices I made.

Tech - hooray for the 2 pound loss and for losing 4 weeks in a row!!! That is such an accomplishment! .6 to go is so awesome - I am jealous.

Today I went to the grocery store and I did great on my plan not to buy anything "bad". Hooray. That will be a challenge for me next week also.

I'll post my results probably on Friday.

Rabbit
230/170/166Easter/158WW

jhawk 03-28-2001 06:21 PM

Hello...still hanging in there...

BFB...don't sweat the greedy fairy. And don't go into hiding. :D We'd miss ya!

Rabbit - Yay on the grocery shopping. That is really hard...especially if you go shopping while hungry. Kills me everytime. I have to stop by the market on my way home tonight and my tummy is already growling...I will use you as my inspiration to do well. Good job on the points, too. Good luck facing the music tomorrow...you will feel better when it is over, regardless of the results.

Tech! Four losses in a row! Awesome. You are doing so well. Good for you. I want to be just like you...here's hoping. :^:

I'm really happy with my decision to rejoin. So far, so good. I've eaten welled, stayed OP, and drank my water. For two and two thirds days...and even while eating lunch out with a friend. Yay! The only thing I haven't done is exercise and I wish I could make myself do it, but the only possible time is early A.M. and I'm still so exhausted right now I can't drag it (my butt) out of bed that early. Maybe next week I'll tackle that too.

Take care...

Jhawk :cool:

BigFatBooty 03-29-2001 06:23 AM

Just stopped by to say hi..

Ladies, thought I'd be brave and come out of hiding. As the song goes, "Let's face the music and dance" - does that count as my exerice? :lol:

Tech - way to go - I'm jealous, but in a nice way. Keep it up - does that mean you'll have already met the next goal before it's even started? Thanks for the advice - at the time I couldn't work out why I wanted to chow down, but now I realize it is stress and I was just trying to ignore that it was stress.

Rabbit - stick with it and eat before you go shopping - I learned that lesson the hard way! If you can make a list and stick to it, come **** or high water.

Freesha - a loss is a loss, listen to someone who is currently going in the wrong direction :D

Jhawk - hang on in there and I know what you mean about the exercise. I have been slacking lately, but the gain this week strangely seems to have refocused me!

Have a great weekend everyone and good luck for any weigh ins due (sorry thought it was Friday :eek: )

Well ladies - just to let you know that unlike the past - I have not let this gain get me down and send me straight to the biscuit barrel.

Ain't it strange how the greedy fairy can hold me hostage, but the exercise fairy can't :s:

Rabbit 03-29-2001 01:44 PM

Hi all!:wave:

Yesterday I had points left!! Woohoo!! It's been awhile since I've been there. Tonight I face the scale.

Jhawk - Yeah for doing so good this week!!:D

Tech - I meant to say, that was great advice you gave the other day and I'm trying to use it!!

See ya! Rabbit:spin: