Old 01-29-2018, 01:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/165/140

Height: 5' 5.75''

Default Role model Pressure

Hello 30-somethings,

At this stage in life a lot of us have attentive kiddos. I am aware that what I do matters and that little eyes are watching. When it comes to diet and exercise I am a little more conscious of this. I got in the gym with a a daycare when my last son was 5 months old. I lost 50 pounds and maintained the weight loss for 4 years. Then I had another baby and I am just now getting back on the wagon after a 2 year break. My oldest child, now 9, has claimed that he is worried about his "gut" although he is tall and has a normal bmi. I explained that he had nothing to worry about. However, I can't help but feel like my concern for my calories and with occasionally opting to eat salad instead of whatever the kids are having has left the impression that their habits are not healthy enough for me. I tried to explain that mommy's hypertension and weight require I make some slightly different choices about what goes in my body, but I want to be sure that I am sending the right messages. Do you ever worry about the impression that you leave your kids with your diet and exercise habits? As they reach puberty/the ability to have critical reasoning skills, I hope it all works out in teaching them to take care of themselves. I guess it is my transition from sedentary to active makes them think and I ultimately think a healthy mother will be worth the efforts.
Aunrio is offline   Reply With Quote