Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 08:51 AM   #31  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Noodles- Sorry to hear about your cousin's dad...your Uncle?? What do you do for a living? I'd like to hear more about your DH's work. My DH has a comic book, but it's been on the back burner for a few years. He's got a new script, but hasn't had time to work on anything else. I'd love to know how your DH finally got published.

OK, my first day back on WW was a total bust!! I forgot how much planning it takes! I mean, it's easy enough once I get it all figured out, but I didn't realize how far I had actually drifted from it! I'm going to make a grocery list based on some of the recipes in the Getting Started book and go shopping today. I don't really have anything good in the house, except for a bag of salad!! For lunch yesterday I had a big bowl of salad and a bag of trail mix. The trail mix, even though it's homemade, did me in!!

On a good note, I went for a walk with Peter yesterday afternoon and it turned into a pretty long one!! I decided to go across the main road to a development of big houses. It's like a horse shoe, but it ended up being a lot bigger than I imagined!! I am going to drive it today and see how long it was, it took a half hour to walk it. I'm thinking about a mile and a half.

How do you count exercise points?? It doesn't say in the book.
Old 09-05-2003, 10:32 AM   #32  

hi all. I only have a few minutes today as my dad is coming to visit any time.

Lauren - you'll get back in the swing of things at ww. Great walk!

Rabbit
199/189Halloween
Old 09-05-2003, 05:09 PM   #33  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

I was close, my walk was 1.3 miles! Doing better today, but didn't get shopping yet, Peter was fussing in the clothing stores while I was exchanging some things Mom got him, and then fell asleep in the car, so I could go food shopping. I'll leave DH with him tonight and go I guess.
Old 09-06-2003, 09:17 AM   #34  
Rattie Lover

Hello...I am up WAY too early for my blood but the dog woke me up so she could go do her thing so...here I am!

LBH: Uncle, sort of. He and my great aunt divorced in the early 1980s. Then he and my mom almost got married, but they didnt cause I raised a big stink because I didn't think my mom should be marrying her AUNTS ex-husband! I was only 10 at the time but I still thought it was wrong. There's a longer story behind it all but it's in the past now.

My husband is a Licensed Professional Land Surveyor. (He has a bio in our bio thread.) Licensed in Oregon and Arizona. He is also co-founder of the Arizona laws and ethics board? committee? Something like that. I always get it confused! Now he is also I guess you could consider a part-time cartoonist. He has been drawing cartoons since he was a little kid, making magazines every Christmas for the family, etc. I told him to SEND some of that stuff into some magazine company but he never did..until we moved to Arizona. He had been drawing some more cartoons (related to his line of work this time) and I told him SEND them in! They're good! So he did and the global magazine for his trade of work published them and asked for more! SO now he is their cartoonist AND he is drawing their yearly Christmas Cards for them to send out and sell. AND..the best part is..he is getting paid now for his work. I can't even draw a stick figure or a happy face.

What do I do for a living...Well...I am a full time mom. I also have a small sales business that has taken the back burner for months cause I was so sick and I couldn't keep up. I'm getting ready to start up again though for Christmas. I don't sell anything like avon or amway or any of those type of things. I mainly sell on EbaY (have been for 6 years now), then at the swap meet. I love it! I was a merchandising supervisor for years and then I got into the EbaY thing when Beanie Babies 1st came out and I was making more $ part time doing that than my full time job so I quit and decided to make this my full time thing instead. No regrets at all! I'm my own boss..I work mainly at home, if I'm up at 3 am I can work..etc. Only thing I wish we had here that I had in Oregon was the 24 hour post office! I'm usually a night owl so I could go at 4 am and mail packages and there was NO lines. It was great. In the summer time here it's too darn hot to go out during the day!

Noodles
Closed Thread