3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   **Week of Aug. 31st** (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/31253-%2A%2Aweek-aug-31st%2A%2A.html)

morrigan 09-02-2003 11:22 PM

Hi everyone!

After quite a hiatus from 3fc I am back. I used to post mostly on the support page, but didn't see many familar faces there. I made a deal with DH ~ 1/2 hr per evening on the computer while he plays with baby. I can't afford WW, so this is it.

I am counting calories. Today is day 1. I was 203 (an all time high) this morning. I am also trying to conceive. That will throw the diet plan out the window. Meanwhile I want to eat healthy, work out, and lose weight.

I went to the gym this morning.

Noodles913 09-03-2003 12:38 AM

Went To The Drs Today...

Well everyone..I went to the Endocrinologist today. I didn't get any medication yet. She wants me to get various blood work done to see where all of my hormones are at right now as well as my sugars, then we're going to go from there. I'll get that blood work done this week sometime and then I return in 3 weeks and she said then she'll figure out what she is going to put me on. I have some liver damage from previous chemo treatments and I guess because of that they cant just treat you like a regular person. Understandable. I really like this Doctor. She takes the time to talk to you about everything and isn't in a rush to get out of there. She tells me that it takes years to develop PCOS and so it sometimes takes her a year to get things straightened out for her patients. Makes sense. So that is the scoop for todays Dr. Visit. (sounds like a commercial huh! heheehe..)

Angel
:angel:

Noodles913 09-03-2003 01:37 AM

Ahhh..exercise..

https://publish.comcast.net/clipart/lines/southwest.gifhttps://publish.comcast.net/clipart/lines/southwest.gif
Well, today I managed to get in some more exercise than I usually do. I even walked the dog! Then I went for a 45 minute swim and got in the heart rate kinda swim for about 30 minutes. I forgot how much I enjoyed swimming until tonight. It's so much easier on the arthritis too.
Speaking of arthritis, the humidity is drying up here so my bones are de-frosting which means I am starting to feel better. YAY! You wouldn't think the humidity makes THAT much of a difference but it does. Not sure why.
I ate lite today too..lite yogurt & pear for breakfast, homemade spanish rice and a fahjita burrito for lunch, and a salad with tons of veggies for din din. Snack was a granola bar. I'm craving chocolate REAL bad right now but I will not give in! I wont I wont! ok maybe a piece of sugar free chocolate..:)
I watered today too...seems like no exercise but it is somewhat because I have to drag that stupid hose everywhere. I took some pics of my lantana plants..I'll go post them on the pictures thread for ya. These seem to be the best things I can grow so far besides cactus. Well, until tomorrow, take care & all that good stuff. :wave: Oh, forgot to add..I lost 2.5 pounds since last Thursday! YAY! :cb:

Noodles

PS: Here is the pictures link thread.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/newr...threadid=31250

TechAlum 09-03-2003 11:09 AM

Hello All,

Well Labor Day week end went well, I figured I'd be working Sat and Sun but ended up with Sunday off. So we went out to my mom's family picnic that happens every year. I don't think I did to bad on my diet, the centerpoint of the meal is roasted-corn-on-the-cob :). It's so good when it's fresh. Maybe I'll pick some up and do it on the grill. Monday we were supposed to go to Cedar Point and ride roller coasters with my sisters, but with the rain and flood warnings for Sandusky we called it off, so I stayed home and tried to catch up with putting pictures in an album, I'm half way through 2001 :eek:.

Diet wise, I think I like the new WW tracking system, it seemed easier to me. Unfortunately I missed WW last night, K worked late and I sat down after work and couldn't get back up.....I think I'm going to try a new meeting, I'm in training 3 nights a week for the next 5 weeks and I'll miss 3 WW meetings, so if I had a back up....

Anyway...

Rabbit - Congrats on the 4 pounds :balloons:. Glad to see you back. I always do better on a regular schedule.

LBH & Karen - K didn't eat vegtables when we first started cooking together either. Corn or carrots were it, but it was because his mom overcooked them so he thought they had no flavor. I've been slowly adding more to his diet as we go on. He looks at me like I'm crazy most of the time, but he'll try them. (brussel sprouts were the latest and he loved them)

Noodles & Morrigan - Welcome.

Gotta go make a shopping list and peel chop and freeze some of the LOADS of fresh tomatoes we've got coming in. I told K only 2 plants but no.....

Have a great Wednesday everyone.

- Tech :goodvibes

LBH 09-03-2003 11:28 AM

Mmm, Tech, send some of those tomatoes my way...DH will make sauce out of them!! :D Please tell me how you prepare brussel sprouts. I always hated them, but I remember seeing them on Food TV once and they looked soo good fresh. Do you make them fresh, or frozen? What do they taste like? They look like mini-cabbages to me, do they taste like cabbage?

Noodles, glad you're feeling better! Good for you on the exercise!

Hi Morrigan, welcome back to 3FC! Glad you joined us! That's nice of DH to watch the baby. How old is your baby?

I'm hoping to get to WW today. There's a 12:30 meeting that I'd like to get to, but it's 11:30 now and Peter barely took an hour nap, so I didn't get a shower in yet. DH said he's coming home for lunch, so I may have to wait for him. I may not make it to the meeting then though. There's another one at 3:30, but I'd rather go in the AM.

Have a good one all! :wave:

Rabbit 09-03-2003 12:28 PM

well, I see we're getting more posters on here again.

I did not eat healthy at all yesterday. I did remain within my points, but way overate cheese. I will do better today.

Morrigan - Welcome! :) Great that you lost 55 lbs before and I'm sure you can do it again.

Angel - so do you have PCOS? Hooray for your loss.

Tech - oh I so love fresh corn - although my trainer says it's not the best vegetable. sigh. Glad you're liking the flex system. 35 points seems like alot - I wonder where they came up with that. I love tomatoes also - please send those and the corn. :D

Lauren - hope you get to WW today.

Rabbit

Noodles913 09-03-2003 01:34 PM

Rabbit:

Unfortunately, yea I have it. I have had it for years but I wasnt officially diagnosed until 1998. Then we moved, then I got arthritis so the PCOS took the back burner. Then we moved again and my arthritis got better in the warmer weather, but the PCOS had seemed to get worse over the years from diagnosis until now so I decided I better go to the GYN and see whats up. I picked a good DR. cause he took the time to listen and start me off on the right track. Then came the hysterectomy and cauterization of the cyst filled ovaries..That's when my DR. knew it was worse than thought. When he got to see the ovaries in person. Then it was healing time (2 months) then off to the Endocrinolgist (yesterday) to start getting things on the ball (blood tests, etc) to see what kind of meds she is going to give me. Because of my liver damage, she has to be selective so she wants to see if the damage has progressed, stayed the same, etc. before she gives me meds and it isn't just a blood test you can take in the office and go home. So...we shall see in 3 weeks what I get to take. I am hoping to lose like 10 pounds by then too! It's always nice to go into the DRS office and weigh less each time. :p

Noodles

LBH 09-03-2003 05:09 PM

Hi All,

I did it, I joined WW again and I'm very excited!! It was brutal stepping on the scale, because I am at my highest weight ever, but that is just giving me motivation to bring it down!

So Rabbit and Tech, have you used any of your Flex Points? Do you plan to? I had Peter with me, and while he was being pretty good, by the end of the meeting, when you stay after to hear all about the new stuff, he was pretty much hitting his tolerance level, so I missed some of what she said about exercise points and Flex Points. Are you supposed to use one before the other, or doesn't it matter?

I'm going to start counting tomorrow AM.

I guess I should be brave and post my stats...more motivation to change it every week!

Current: 251.8/1st Goal: (10%) 226.8/2nd Goal: (Personal) 199/Goal Weight: 174

RoadRunner 09-03-2003 09:21 PM

WElcome MOrrigan!!! Please come to the "Kid chat " if U want to discuss babies and pregnancy and stuff!!!!;) ;)

Rabbit--YEAH!!!! on the weight loss...

Lauren-Congrats on rejoining!!!!
I have lost 6 lbs in the last 3 weeks when I got off that mini pill..That crap was a mess!!!!I am eating better and drinking lots of water now...Off to bed!!!
Tech--Good seeing U!!!!
RR

Noodles913 09-04-2003 03:25 AM

Hi All!

Just a quick hello before I go play some cards then go to bed. Bowled tonight...did ok. 154 146 177. Didn't get any other exercise in though...hard to exercise on bowling days. Tomorrow hub and I will go play tennis and swim. The monsoons are just about over here now so the humidity is leaving the air...which means Noodles bones are happy! YAY! Funny how the your bones and joints are weather detectors too. We're going to go to Mexico this weekend to do some shopping so if there is anything anyone wants, speak now. They got a lot of neat little handmade bracelets, jewelry, terra cotta things, etc for cheap so ya wont go broke! heehehe (The little fish with cotton in his mouth in my cactus pic is from Mexico.) Anyhow, ta ta for now.

Noodles

Noodles913 09-04-2003 03:42 AM

Neat Sayings...

https://publish.comcast.net/clipart/...mm/friends.gif
I like these so I thought I'd pass them along to ya all...:) Us 30-somethingers are old enough to been there done that..and young enough to know whats best for us now. (well you know what I mean...)
Enjoy! :angel:

1. I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you.

2. No man or woman is worth your tears, and the one who is, won't make you cry.

3. Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

4. A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.

5. The worst way to miss someone is to be sitting right beside them knowing you can't have them.

6. Never frown, even when you are sad, because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

7. To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.

8. Don't waste your time on a man/woman, who isn't willing to waste their time on you.

9. Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one, so that when we finally meet the person, we will know how to be grateful.

10.. Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened.

11. There's always going to be people that hurt you so what you have to do is keep on trusting and just be more careful about who you trust next time around.

12. Make yourself a better person and know who you are before you try and know someone else and expect them to know you.

13. Don't try so hard, the best things come when you least expect them to.

14: Treat your family like friends and your friends like family.

Rabbit 09-04-2003 12:15 PM

hello.

Stayed within points yesterday even though we had pizza hut for dinner. whew.

Angel - wow, good luck with all the medical things. ~ I liked your sayings.

RR - HI!

Lauren - I have not rejoined and am just using the old point system. If I find out I can't be accountable to myself, I will rejoin. For now, it is working. I'll post my stats too, along with my Halloween goal.

Rabbit
199/189Halloween

LBH 09-04-2003 03:22 PM

Hi All,

Well, day 1 OP and I'm finding it very challenging! My target points are 30. It says to add 10 points for nursing, but i don't think I should add it since I'm not nursing as much, and not exclusively. I think that's probably more for new moms who are nursing often and baby is not eating solids.

I have already screwed up, but I still have enough points for a healthy dinner. I am going to try and stick to my target points and not use my flex points, if I can help it.

We have a cousins reunion on DH's side on October 25th, so I would like to make a goal for then. That's 7 weeks from now, so I think I will be brave and say 10 lbs. That will bring me just under what I've been holding steady at since Peter was born.

Noodles, glad the bones are feeling better. Do you bowl on a league? I used to, but stopped after the season ended and I was PG anyway. What's your average...those are good scores!

Noodles913 09-04-2003 07:11 PM

Bowling...

https://publish.comcast.net/clipart/misc/travl007.gif
Hello Again...Hello..(Neil Diamond theme here..)

Yeah, I bowl on a league. I have been bowling on leagues since I was 16. Course I took a year off here and there but we got back into bowling when we moved here to Tucson. We bowl 2 leagues a week. One is for US as adults, the other is our family league with the kid. My average right now is a 146. Last season I ended with a 157 but we took the summer off so now I have some catching up to do. Hubbys average is around 203. Depends on his moods that night. :lol: Hummmm now that I'm talking about bowling that reminds me..they owe me a 200 pin from last year. I'll have to hollar at em' for it. They're SLOW around here when it comes to handing out your awards. :cool:
Noodles

Noodles913 09-05-2003 02:57 AM

https://publish.comcast.net/clipart/...ns/peppers.gif
Hi All!
Just a quick note before bedtime here...I probably won't post much this weekend. My cousins dad passed away last night so I am going to spend some time with him and attend the services. I have to get the rest of this house clean and take care of some other stuff so that's where I will be. I'll try to squeeze in a photo or two though. :)

Didn't do much today...made dinner..grilled cheese and tomato soup and noodles. Then hub and I took Taco (dog) for a 45 minute walk. Then I took a nice bath and relaxed, now trying to clean up my office a bit. Fun huh! :P

Take Care...

Noodles