Old 11-09-2016, 05:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/166/147

Height: 5'7"

Default New to the 30's and sad

Hey all,

I lost some weight some years ago but that plateaued. Now I work in an office and I just got a house. My spouse works long hours so I've been tasked with all house responsibilities even though I work full time.

I want to try to get into the gym in the night hours but I find I'm too tired. (It's a 24 hour gym.) I thought maybe mornings but those are stressful.

Then I thought maybe I can come home relax for an hour and then pop into the gym. That way I don't cut into morning time and I don't have to face so many people.

Also I enjoy swimming but I will need some kind of a prescription as I am a bit blind.

I want to start now, I feel like but everyday I talk myself out of it. Tell me myself the house isn't going to get clean, I'm too tired, I won't get home before my spouse does so I won't be able to make dinner.

How were you all able to quiet the noise?
PostWeddingsmallsize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 01:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 207/ticker/130

Height: 5'0''

Maybe try to just move more throughout the day to start with -- take the stairs instead of the elevator for example. There's always home videos as well -- like Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds or one of the bajillion Jillian Michaels or Beachbody work outs. Time is always an issue -- I can't tell you how to quiet the noise because I haven't figured that out myself. My fiance is very supportive though and encourages me to get the time to work out, which helps with the noise. Good luck!!! You can do this!
ZetaMD2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 06:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 207/205/155

Height: 5'9

I tried doing at home zumba...created my own playlist and just danced for an hour.. saw results pretty quickly and i didnt feel like i was working out..just dancing at home
first60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:54 PM   #4  
Feel the burn!

S/C/G: 228/228/180

Height: 5'4"

Do you have a gym close to your work where you might be able to go at lunch?
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 04:04 PM   #5  
Trying to lose weight

S/C/G: 301/298/120

Height: 5'3 and 3/4's

Quote:
Originally Posted by first60 View Post
I tried doing at home zumba...created my own playlist and just danced for an hour.. saw results pretty quickly and i didnt feel like i was working out..just dancing at home
That's a good idea
kjoyiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 04:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 138/132/130

Height: 5'6"

I think at home DVDs are great. There are so many to chose from, get a few so you don't get bored. And as I've heard Julian Michael s say " you can eat your way through any workout" so a healthy diet is important.
raven90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 05:19 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 137.8 22~% / 21.0% / 15%

Height: 5'4 1/2

I see you are making all kinds of excuses not to go to the gym. You will have to make time for it if you want to get in shape. No excuses!!! Your husband will have to cooperate, so you have to tell him that your house might not get as cleaned, etc. Make exercise your priority time.

I prefer going in the morning before work and/or lunch hour, it's a lot less crowded during these hours. And once you start going, you will feel energized, and that will motivate you to keep going! You can worry about the house later, by then you will have it all figured out!

Last edited by stronggal; 12-01-2016 at 05:22 PM.
stronggal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 12:57 PM   #8  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Stringal gave good advice about excuses maybe you could manage the mornig stresses better by planning the night before?
I love getting the gym at 6:30. I dislike gyms in principle, but I enjoy seeing the regulars and having my spots free.
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 01:34 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 416 / 363.4 / 250

Height: 5'9"

If you have a planner, I would definitely suggest picking a weekend day (I usually do Saturdays) to sit down and plan out my exercise/rest day for the upcoming week. I work full time and I'm also working on my master's degree so I have very little time to actually make it to the gym, but when I have it scheduled into my day, I rarely make excuses as to why I can't go, because I've already accommodated the time.

Best of luck, and I'd be happy to help you with any questions you may have!

Last edited by MaeCrochet; 12-25-2016 at 01:34 PM.
MaeCrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 01:23 AM   #10  

Pretty much what they said...when I started this thing 8 years ago...the quiet only came AFTER I COMMITTED to making it to the gym every damn day. And of course once I stopped the gym, my eating started to follow along...so there is that. Just DECIDE to make it every day and I promise it will get easier (I'm pretty sure I am writing this for me as well lol)

You got this!
comeback_queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 01:35 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Maybe you are a stronger person than me, but if I went home for an hour or so, I'd never ever get back to the gym. That's why I have one in my house. I"ve actually pulled myself out of bed after tucking myself in and forced myself to workout. So maybe you need an at home plan? There are lots of DVDs or just bodyweight workouts that can totally get you in shape if you stick to them.

I have also found it helpful to keep a big calendar on my fridge and put a mark down for each day that I workout. Go for a record in consecutive days. Brag about it to everyone.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 06:33 AM   #12  

S/C/G: CW:196 / GW:121

Height: 165

Hi there,
Great advice Monte, I will use it
4evaThinkthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 11:17 AM   #13  
Natasha

S/C/G: 335/272.2/250

Height: 5'3"

I have been trying to just take walks around my apartment complex in the morning before I have to get the kiddo up and go to work. Usually I try to walk for a set amount of time and see how far I can get. We have also been walking as a family on the weekends at the park. It gives us a chance to talk which has been really nice.
ichoose2believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 04:13 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

That sounds exhausting, no wonder you're struggling. Can you afford a cleaner and/or someone to help you bulk cook meals?
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
excuses, office