Old 11-29-2016, 03:36 PM   #1  

Default Vicious Cycle

Hi!! I am 30 years old, wife, mom to a 8 year old, 6 year old and 19 month old. My story probably isn't much different from most of ya'll. I have been overweight my entire life. I remember in high school being ashamed in gym class bc we had to step on the scales and I weighed 210 lbs Throughout the years I have successfully lost weight using weight watchers and counting calories. The lowest I have weighed in my adult life was 200lbs. ( im 6ft tall) I am now weighing in at 273. When I was pregnant with my 19 month old I had hyperemesis gravidarium which means i vomited 30 plus times a day and could not eat. I was on IV's etc. I lost 42lbs while pregnant. Once I had my daughter, my food issues multiplied. I ate everything in site. I was just so happy to be able to eat again. I quickly gained the 40lbs back. and since I was basically starving the entire 9 months my metabolism was shot.

I need help. I have even gone as far as looking at weight loss surgery however I am not diabetic, and i do not have high blood pressure so my insurance denied it. I am so tired of looking in the mirror and hating myself. I am tired of not going to my kids events b/c I am embarrased of myself. but I guess im not tired enough of it bc i can't seem to stick to any diets.
nursekeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 05:29 PM   #2  
Push all the configs!

S/C/G: 272/269/185

Height: 5' 6"

Diets are evil! Seriously, I firmly believe that if you try to restrict yourself right out the gate then it's going to be 1000% harder to stick with it. What I found that works for me is little things. No fast food. There...that's it. Just starting out, don't eat fast food. Once that's cool, then maybe step it up and say no sweets. And maybe that just means no store bought candies or chocolate. Maybe cut out the soda first. It depends on you.

One little thing at time. One little victory. You don't have to be superwoman and you don't have to be all gung-ho to make a difference. It took a thousand little choices and years for us to get here (generally speaking) and it's going to take a thousand little decisions to get us where we need to be. If today you can go without sweets, or sodas, or fast food, or maybe do one little exercise, just one of those little things then you've succeeded and I call that a win. Then try again tomorrow. The old saying "one day at a time" really means something when you think about it. When you go to bed at night, think about that one (or many if you're an overachiever) little victory you had today and then tomorrow start fresh. It'll be a new day with new chances to kick butt.

Plus, we're here for you! Celebrate those little victories with us and hey, even if you have an off day and eat half a chocolate pudding pie (I have done that, don't judge me I love pie) we're still here and we'll still tell you how amazing you are. Cause...you are freakin amazing. <3
Melzmel is offline   Reply With Quote