Old 11-14-2016, 11:56 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 227/139.6/130

Height: 5' 3"

kiwi1222, I've wanted to try fasting more consistently but I struggle with it too much. Even if you break a fast early or something, what you are able to do still helps with progress.
angeline2010, I just looked up the Dukan diet. The stages and guidelines seem like they'd be tough to stick to, but the nutritional staircase version seems much less restrictive, something I wouldn't mind trying.

Last edited by circa83; 11-14-2016 at 02:21 PM.
circa83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 12:57 PM   #17  
SummerRuth2013-MFP

S/C/G: 275.5/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'5

Sorry for not posting more frequently. I have a habit of not posting my weights and then not recording them either. *slaps hand*. So far this morning, I've had a glass of OJ along with 2 Halo oranges and my pills. Also working on my first 24oz of water. How's everyone else doing?
Mama_Angel_2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 03:40 PM   #18  

Mama_Angel_2006, I used to jot my weight down on a wall calendar before I started posting here. Maybe that could be a more convenient way to keep a record outside of the forums.

I haven't been eating so great this month because of all the chocolate Halloween candy, however I think I've been compensating by eating less, or maybe I confused my body with the sugar influx. So far I've been averaging a lower weight than usual which is nice. I'd like to hit my target weight by Thanksgiving.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:15 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 174/174/130

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by circa83 View Post
angeline2010, I just looked up the Dukan diet. The stages and guidelines seem like they'd be tough to stick to, but the nutritional staircase version seems much less restrictive, something I wouldn't mind trying.
Yes- much less restrictive but the weight doesn't quite fall off which is a bit tougher. I may end up doing the original plan soon if I keep stalling but I'm not sure yet. I do love the plan, I just want to see at least a pound of loss each week.
angeline2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 10:16 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 174/174/130

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by circa83 View Post
Mama_Angel_2006, I used to jot my weight down on a wall calendar before I started posting here. Maybe that could be a more convenient way to keep a record outside of the forums.

I haven't been eating so great this month because of all the chocolate Halloween candy, however I think I've been compensating by eating less, or maybe I confused my body with the sugar influx. So far I've been averaging a lower weight than usual which is nice. I'd like to hit my target weight by Thanksgiving.
How exciting that you're so close to goal! The end is in sight
angeline2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 12:07 AM   #21  

angeline2010, I hope the less restrictive plan works out for you since it seems more sustainable in the long run. Stalling can be so frustrating. I'd like to aim to lose more weight per month, but it just doesn't come off like it used to. I'm still glad to have made it this far.
Old 11-24-2016, 09:35 AM   #22  

Happy Thanksgiving everybody. Let's see if we can all have an enjoyable holiday meal (or meals) without going too crazy, and if we do, well I guess it's not the end of the world.

Recently I've noticed that the days I eat less meat are followed by mornings where I have a bigger drop in weight. I love my meat but maybe I'm eating too much of it. The past few days I decided to eat meat during breakfast and then a scrambled egg fried in coconut oil as the protein for my early dinner and switched my snack to lunch time. I also drank a little homemade hot chocolate with full fat organic milk to stave off hunger (I hate milk but I love chocolate). I don't know if this the key to getting me out out of maintenance and back into losing weight again or if it's a temporary fix, but I'm happy with the results.