Old 03-05-2016, 09:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/215/140

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy About me

Hello. My name is Stephanie. I have 3 kids ages 14, 12 & 2. I know big gap between #2 & 3 lol.. I work full time in the medical field and have a husband who works nights so I live a very busy life!

I have struggled with my weight ever since I had my 1st child & have never really recovered from that. I gained 60+ pounds with my 1st 2 pregnancies & never really lost much of the weight. Thankfully I was a little more in control this last pregnancy and only gained 35.

I am so sick and tired of feeling fat and being depressed about my weight that I am going to try and change this for me... not for anyone else but me.
I have a super hard time staying motivated & I am a huge sweets craver..

I've never really tried a support group, but maybe just maybe this time I'll be successful.
Fighting4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 12:19 AM   #2  
Trying again.

My name is Shannon. We have similar lives, and I know how hard it is to do anything for yourself when you are so busy. I have 2 kids age 12 and 3. They are both Autistic so they keep me on my toes. My husband works days and I work part time afternoon/evening at a medical office.

I have been on Weight Watchers for almost 6 weeks and have lost 9.6 lbs but everyday is a struggle, I am so use to eating junk 24/7. You can do this start out slow, look at it as getting healthy for your kids and the weight loss will follow
73toloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 11:39 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting4me View Post
Hello. My name is Stephanie. I have 3 kids ages 14, 12 & 2. I know big gap between #2 & 3 lol.. I work full time in the medical field and have a husband who works nights so I live a very busy life!

I have struggled with my weight ever since I had my 1st child & have never really recovered from that. I gained 60+ pounds with my 1st 2 pregnancies & never really lost much of the weight. Thankfully I was a little more in control this last pregnancy and only gained 35.

I am so sick and tired of feeling fat and being depressed about my weight that I am going to try and change this for me... not for anyone else but me.

I've never really tried a support group, but maybe just maybe this time I'll be successful.

You are certainly not alone in this Fighting4me. Your attitude is inspiring - this change is for you, not for anybody else. And you are the one that can make that change! Take it one step at a time to make lifestyle changes that will make you and your family healthier. You sound so busy, but it is so important to take a little time for yourself too.

I suggest starting with loading up your diet with fruits and vegetables. They are SO healthy!! Fruits and veggies are high in nutrition and low in calorie so they are a great tool to use throughout your day. Plus, by filling up on fruits and veggies, you are less likely to crave the sweet stuff! Physical activity is also really important. Your 2 year old probably keeps you on your toes I find short bouts of exercise throughout my day to be extremely helpful. It's hard with a full schedule to make it to the gym. I carve out time at work to get in quick walks and it keeps me awake and motivated. Even little things like parking farther away at stores and taking the stairs all adds up. Hope this helps! You got this - you have a lot to be healthy for
healthylivingalways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 12:29 PM   #4  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Hi Fighting4me!

This forum is a great resource It's great to read people's successes for motivation; see the different ideas and suggestions they have, what kind of weight loss plans and strategies they use..

I recommend you do LOTS of reading and make really small, sustainable changes that over time will make a big difference! Journal your eating style/food habits for a while to find out your problem areas and experiment from there.
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/see me old ticker ... /145

Height: 5'8"

Hi! I'm a mom of 3: 13, 3, and 1. My spouse also works a huge, long hours, high stress job, and I work full-time, too, but do a bunch of the house/kid duties.

Good for you for reaching out and getting started. You are going to find a way that works for you; I believe it!
Katiepony01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 05:46 AM   #6  

Hi Stephanie. Do this for yourself dont give into that sweet Cravings try drinking water or go for a walk or better yet excersise. You will not want any junk after your workout. you can do it !
Campana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

I hope you find the support here very helpful. Keeping focused and knowing youre not alone can make a huge difference. WELCOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting4me View Post

SarahFairhope is offline   Reply With Quote