Old 06-23-2015, 10:30 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 227/139.6/130

Height: 5' 3"

You guys have made some good progress.
My scale's not really moving this month (as usual), but I've been feeling thinner lately regardless. Funny that. It's like all of a sudden my progress is showing in the mirror. Usually if I notice a body part is looking thinner or more toned I'd follow it up with, "...but there's still so much fat". This month I haven't been quite as negative about my appearance. I guess a confidence boost can be just as good as a couple of lbs lost.
circa83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 02:27 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 230/230/199

Height: 5' 10.5"

Ill bet you see a scale difference soon circa!!! Confidence is always awesome!!!
nickilaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 02:13 PM   #33  

Lost, circa, amber and ally. My hat is off to you all! I am starting a fodmap diet if my symptoms dont improve from Quitting protein shakes. I'm hoping that was causing my worsening symptoms. Honestly it would be a super hard diet to stick to. Fingers crossed i don't have to go to that extreme!
Old 06-24-2015, 08:16 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 317/170/157

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by circa83 View Post
You guys have made some good progress.
My scale's not really moving this month (as usual), but I've been feeling thinner lately regardless. Funny that. It's like all of a sudden my progress is showing in the mirror. Usually if I notice a body part is looking thinner or more toned I'd follow it up with, "...but there's still so much fat". This month I haven't been quite as negative about my appearance. I guess a confidence boost can be just as good as a couple of lbs lost.
This month my scale hasn't budged much either but I have noticed my pants practically falling off so I'm gonna take that as a win. It's been rather emotional hitting a plateau but I like your idea of trying to keep positive thoughts
kiwi1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 01:48 PM   #35  

Many times the scale doesn't reflect progress. It doesnt show inches, it doesnt show coughing sizes, it doesnt show less fat and more muscle. The true goal is fat loss, which scales cant show. If you know your looking better. Keep pic progress, it helps, it shows better
Old 06-25-2015, 03:13 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 317/170/157

Height: 5'6"

Yeah, I have been taking a monthly pic. When I feel like I can really see a change I will be happier. Sometimes it just doesn't look like much. Im keeping at it bc of you wonderful people.
kiwi1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 03:40 PM   #37  
Earning back my muscles

S/C/G: 184/184/size 8

Height: 5'5

Thank goodness for non scale victories! I've only lost a few lbs, but I've lost 6 inches off my waist!! When I first took my measurements, I almost fell over, and was in denial for a few weeks, but it's what made me make changes in the first place. I'm so glad we're here to support each other. I wish I'd started with pictures too.

And Munchy-- congrats on your wedding!!! ❤️

Last edited by HIheart; 06-25-2015 at 03:42 PM.
HIheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 04:51 PM   #38  

6 inches is amazing! My waist is staying put now. I lost an inch in my boobs since last measurement. Umm...yay?
My body has not got the memo that only my butt really could use some inches removal....c'mon now.....sir mix a lot would be content tho I suppose :P
Old 06-25-2015, 05:03 PM   #39  
Earning back my muscles

I can't wait for my boobs to deflate too lol. They're totally out of control! But you look amazing Nicki!!

I think most of my waist loss was bloating. I had to eat gluten free for years after a stomach infection because even just a crumb gave me rolling pains, rashes and constipation & made me so ill for a week. I'd try every 6 months or so to reintroduce it, hoping I could handle it again. When I finally discovered it only gave my constant stomach pains, I was all in! I guess my stomach healed quite a bit
Bread for a stomach ache?!! Yes please!! That was a good almost year with gluten. Oh how I'll miss it!! I didn't realize how sick it was still making me. So I cut it out again but I feel better, and lost tons of inches!

Last edited by HIheart; 06-25-2015 at 05:06 PM.
Old 06-26-2015, 01:52 PM   #40  

Hi, at least you know your culprits!!! Us tummy trouble girls gotta stick together! I've actually been worse since I started eating a mostly veggie and meat diet.....so I'm assuming there's vegetables out there that hate me. It's definitely not bacon,...even if it was ...what is life without bacon?
Old 06-26-2015, 02:12 PM   #41  
Earning back my muscles

Oh gosh. I just ate a donut. Lol
Old 06-27-2015, 03:23 PM   #42  

HIheart, 6 inches is a significant loss. I guess this is what "wheat belly" refers to.

nickilaughs, I had to look up what fodmaps were. I hope it works out well if you decide to do the diet. I was having bowel issues in the mornings for a while last year and I found out it was triggered by certain nuts, so I had to cut back on my former daily go-to snack food.

kiwi1222, even if you can't see the progress directly at least you know it's happening. My family seems to notice a change in my size more than I do. I take pictures in the same pjs every 10 lbs down. Even when I don't notice the difference it shows in the photos.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:52 AM   #43  

Sorta ranting here, I swear my sister called me fatty something yesterday when I walked by her on the way to the bathroom scale. I think she was being sarcastic since she sometimes calls me skinny, which kind of annoys me because I'm not skinny, but this annoyed me more. I was teased about my weight throughout my childhood and teens. Why would someone call an overweight person who is trying to lose weight fat? That's not cute or funny.

Last edited by circa83; 06-29-2015 at 08:11 AM.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:02 AM   #44  

The usual sisterly love. She's trying to get a rise out of you! Ignore her, she will give up.
My scale is up, but I'm not surprised. I haven't been good the last few days. I'm overwhelmed by this crazy diet I have to go on. Paleo was hard but manageable. When you lose half the vegetables you were eating and raw veggies suddenly aren't ok...I don't even know what's ok to eat anymore. I can't even think of recipes. So, I've been eating crap. It makes no sense for me to do that.
Well...onward, my fridge is empty so it will give me a chance to figure something out.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:17 PM   #45  
Earning back my muscles

I'm sorry Circa. Siblings have a way of getting under our skin

Nicki-I remember that overwhelmed feeling when you're suddenly so restricted it's awful. I can finally eat eggs again---that's all I ate for a while haha. My dr handed me a pamphlet, laid all these restrictions and ushered me out the door. What?!?

I hope you have a few more things to eat now!

I met my June goal! 4 lbs down. Woohoo!! Here's to another 4 in July!

Last edited by HIheart; 06-30-2015 at 12:20 PM.