3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   30-Somethings in the 190s (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/301646-30-somethings-190s.html)

Paulitens 01-13-2015 10:32 AM

30-Somethings in the 190s

Hi ladies!

I looked up and down for other 30-somethings trying to get out of the 190s but didn't find any threads.

I'm currently 194.7 after having lost 40 lbs, getting pregnant and gaining most of it back. But it's all good! :carrot: I enjoyed stuffing my mouth with junk and healthy foods alike while my baby boy was growing in my tummy. And now I'm enjoying going back to more sensitive portions and healthier choices! When I finally recover from the C-section (and, honestly, when I have some energy at all!) I will resume my energetic walks and runs on the treadmill.

So... who's with me? Introduce yourselves and let's support each other out of the 190s!

MumofMany 01-13-2015 10:54 AM

I think I'm currently 199lbs. :o

I had a baby 11 weeks ago and can't even blame it on that as within days of her birth I was back to below my pre-pregnancy weight already.

I'm currently going to the gym 3 days a week, eating better, cut out all alcohol and am walking 3+ miles a day on the days I'm not at the gym.

Paulitens 01-13-2015 11:37 AM

Oh, I know how it goes, Mum! I gained a lot of weight between my first and my second child. After the second I decided it was time to start taking care of my weight... and I got pregnant. LOL I guess that all that sitting around and taking care of the baby is sedentary and it's easy to pack on the lbs.

TheLastStraw323 01-13-2015 12:13 PM

I only have a few more months till I'm in the 40s category. I need to lose 23lbs to get back into onederland. Please reserve me a spot! I'm going to be stalking this thread. ;)

Paulitens 01-13-2015 05:03 PM

That's great! We'll be looking forward to having you.

So what kind of diets are you guys in? Just eating healthy, or any specific protocols? I'm doing my own thing; high protein, very low carb and sugars including fruit. That worked wonders with me last year and I'm hoping it will this time around as well.

MumofMany 01-14-2015 05:15 AM

I am mainly just watching what I eat. I don't have a huge appetite so quantity isn't an issue for me but I do tend to go for heavy foods normally for energy. So I'm moving myself away from that, eating more protein and greens, making sure I have three proper meals a day. On the whole I'm hitting about 1600 calories a day.

I'm less concerned with weight loss I guess and more with fitness, so I'm mainly focussing on exercise at the moment and once I'm in the habit of that, I'll move onto looking more deeply at my food intake.

I have quit all alcohol though. Which has been hard as for the last 15 odd years my nightly habit was kids to bed, small glass of wine/port and TV on. I don't miss the taste, but I miss the routine of it. Been "dry" for 10 days now and it feels like a lifetime since I had a glass of port or wine! LOL

Paulitens 01-14-2015 06:17 PM

That's neat! My downfall are carbs. I can't get rid of them! And as much as I thought that I was ready to take on this weight loss thing again after the baby was born, apparently I'm too tired, too achey from the C-section, and a bit down because of this nasty weather... and I have no coping mechanism other than stuffing my mouth with cookies, brownies, and other unhealthy foods.

Tomorrow morning I'll print out my diet protocol, the one I did last year to start. It was very strict; it was a modified Ideal Protein diet and it worked wonders for the first three months and then I started incorporating other healthy foods. Hopefully having the diet printed out and visible will help me keep track of what I'm eating because winging it isn't cutting it.

So... today was a super blah day. And so was yesterday. I started out both days with the right foot but as the hours go by and exhaustion sets in I feel more and more like eating junk. :(

IrisBellwether 01-15-2015 09:19 PM

I have really just started trying to lose weight. I'd like to lose 45lbs. I got pregnant at 180, gained 40 lbs, lost it all and then about 15lbs crept back on in my first year post-partum.

It's not difficult to see why, too. I haven't been able to get into any sort of a fitness routine since I had my son 17 months ago. Add to that that my husband and i are baaad junk food eaters, I'm lucky that's all I've gained. Fixing my eating habits is going to be really tough. I quit smoking 5 years ago and it seriously feels like that. If for nothing else, I don't want my kid to watch me and think that sitting down and eating half a package of cookies in a sitting is good.

This is my first post on here! Congrats to everyone and hang in there! :)

Paulitens 01-18-2015 09:24 PM

Why is it that we gain weight after having babies!? It's crazy. I guess it's all that sitting around with the baby that does it. One gets bored, eats, watches TV while nursing or whatever...

Prior to getting pregnant with my little one (4 weeks old tomorrow), I had lost 40 lbs; actually some of those 40 lbs I was still losing well into my pregnancy. And I was watching what I was eating and all but the second trimester hit me hard and I let go. On purpose. I was tired of watching what I put on my plate while having so many cravings so I just let got and ate whatever. I did not think I would regain 25 of those 40 lbs but I did and honestly, I'm okay with that. :) Yes, it's a bummer that all that hard work is now gone and I have to work on it again but I truly need to have this healthy lifestyle whether I'm trying to lose weight or not. If I don't, like you, Iris, I'll eat half a package of cookies in one sitting. And then some more. This is my life now and the byproduct of it is losing weight. I owe it to myself and my family. :)

Quillie 01-19-2015 03:12 AM

Hello All!!

I've been here a long time but it's been a long time too. I've lost over 100 in the past but the last two years I've had two babies, a career switch, new house etc. You can guess I've let myself go a bit. I'd Love to loose about 30 lbs, I'm at 198 (5'8) right now, so as you see I'm not looking to be very skinny. Just comfortable and fitter will do just fine!

I'm looking around 3fatchicks for a group that fits me, and I'm hoping this is it! I'm happy to meet you all and hope we'll stick together till goal!

Paulitens 01-19-2015 03:15 PM

Heck yeah! Welcome, Quillie!

:broc:

We're all on the same boat here and honestly, I love this community. I've been on and off of it since 2010 or 11, I believe; the second (last) time around, having this community to support me through my weight loss and healthy lifestyle was fundamental.

That being said, today was weight in day. I'm at 191.4 lbs (87 kilos).

Unfortunately because it's a holiday my husband thought it would be a good treat to get donuts for the family and I ate three. But hey! I'll look at the positive: in a non-diet situation I would have eaten half a dozen in one sitting. Those three donuts made my stomach upset, which also feels awesome because it's very telling of how much only one week of healthy eating can change how my body takes junk food. :) So after the "donut flop" I'm back to the saddle.

Quillie 01-20-2015 05:53 PM

It's become quiet around here, especially in January it used to be so busy around here. I wonder where they all went!

Lost a pound but had to stay at home sick today. I ate too much and hardly moved at all. I've been thinking about getting on a specific diet but wouldn't know which one. What are you guys doing?

MumofMany 01-22-2015 12:34 PM

I'm still here. I've had a really nasty ear infection and missed two of my sessions at gym this week and also missed my weigh in. I went today but it was too soon and now I feel frustrated that I didn't do as well as I could have done.

Also frustrated that my PT wants to wait until Monday to weigh me in. I want to know if I'm going to see any results especially as I worked so hard the previous two weeks and then was so sick this week. Ho-hum... Next week is a new week I suppose! LOL

18 days no alcohol at all. It's my DHs birthday on Saturday and I'm throwing a dinner party. I know I'm going to be encouraged to have a glass or two of wine and I'm dreading it. I really want a glass or two, but I'm worried that it'll encourage me to go back to my old habits of a nightly glass of wine/port and I've actually got past the point of craving it now. I'm a bit worried that having a glass or two on Saturday will mean I'll crave a glass on Sunday and then I'll have to go through the whole craving it thing again. But I guess I'm going to have to face wine at some point as it's a big part of my family and social life, so I should probably just get on with it and get over it.

Clmiller0782 01-22-2015 12:39 PM

Hi all, I'm 32 Y/O here, and struggling to get out of the 190's. Currently 195ish.... and have been hovering there for MONTHS with no end in sight. I added in HIIT cardio (high intensity interval training), stopped with the junk food cold turkey, eating around 1400 cal. a day and by weight WILL....NOT.....BUDGE. I have since consulted with a weight loss Dr. to see what my body's problem is. Also, re-tested my hormones - insulin is OKAY, testosterone was THROUGH the roof (11 times higher than it should be for a woman). I would think if my testosterone was high i would be dropping weight like MAD. Nope. No such luck.

Anyone here having similar issues? I feel like my body just wants to be fat. lol.

MumofMany 01-22-2015 12:45 PM

Yes me! I'm breastfeeding, dropped my calorie intake, eat more cleanly, stopped drinking alcohol and anything with sugar in it, exercise down the gym 3x a week and STILL am not dropping weight at all.

I'm now trying to focus on body fat, rather than weight. But it's hard because I'm so used to weighing myself every day.

Paulitens 01-27-2015 12:55 PM

Hi Quillie! :wave:

I'm still here too! I'm doing an Ideal Protein Diet on my own; I buy EAS shakes and other store foods that have a similar amount of calories, protein and carbs as the IP products. I found all the info online on how to do it on my own. I can send it to you via PM. Do you want it? IP is pretty expensive but it's great; there's no way on earth I could afford the real deal with three kids, two dogs, a cat and a husband to feed.

:dizzy:

Hello Clmiller! :wave:

Maybe having a lower calorie intake? I know that for me, what does it, is a calorie intake of 1200. But I'm short and don't do much physical activity (I'm an online college professor when I'm not studying so I sit around a lot).

Hi Mumofmany! :wave:

I have never drank alcohol, but as someone with a carb addiction of sorts I could tell you that going back for one glass can be a slippery slope at the moment because you quit it recently. That is literally what happens to me and carbs so for a while (i.e.: months) I abstain from consuming any carbs and then I incorporate them slowly in a very controlled way, occasionally, because at that point the need and the want for it is so far gone that I know I can control myself and eat, say, a slice of pizza without eating the whole thing, and knowing that the following day I'll go back to eating healthy. :) That's my advice, not that you asked, hahaha! It might be a little late. LOL

Good luck!

I'm still around the 190s too... last week was disastrous. I went back to not eating healthy at all toward the weekend and I felt disgusted with myself and my lack of self control so I kind of gave up for a few days to hit rock bottom. And I gained 4 lbs. :mad:

By Sunday I looked at myself in the mirror and it hit me like it did last year: I am tired of feeling like this, I'm tired of feeling unattractive when I look at myself in the mirror, and on the other hand I know I can lose weight because I did it before, and I know how to do it, and I know how AMAZING it feels! I need to remember both the negative and the positive of this process--leaving the negative behind and pursuing the positive.

See, I think that what happens to me after having a baby is that for the first 2 weeks or so I get this rush: I don't have a baby bump or water retention so I look awesome! It's like rediscovering my body, my waist and my ankles. But there's no effort implied in it. The weight just goes away on its own while I chug down a dozen donuts because it's not fat but water and belly shrinking. And then it stops, and that's when I'm supposed to start taking care of what I eat, but I still have the rush in my head so it has not clicked that I need to put some effort on my side to keep that rolling. I reached that point on Sunday, finally. Along with this whole epiphany. And for me it's a necessary evil, to feel ugly and self deprecating. I cannot change if I'm happy, or okay with myself.

So yesterday I went back, no fooling around, to my very strict Ideal Protein-like diet that I did last year, and here I am. Day two and I'm missing my carbs and feeling woozy like I know I would but feeling amazing because I know this is what it takes. This is what put me in such an amazing place last year! And this time it will a long-term thing. Yeah, I'm not planning on getting pregnant again for a loooooong time! LOL

Paulitens 01-29-2015 01:23 PM

Well, I'm still here, loving this new page of my life. :) I started the week at 195.8 (last week was lame and my weight went up), and by now, after a few days regaining control of my eating, I'm back down to 192.2. I am SO looking forward to getting out of the 190s! If I continue this way I should be out in a week or so.

I had a great NSV last night: when I came back home from school I found that my husband had bought pizza for our girls, and there were four slices left. Pizza is, hands down, my favorite food. I didn't even touch it.

And, surprisingly, I'm not resenting it either!

nickilaughs 01-30-2015 04:23 PM

Hi all, I'm 32, current 197ish and hoping to be out of the 190s by mid march, we will see.
I cut out every drink but water/green tea
My focus on diet is no white sugar/white flour and mostly focusing on getting my 5 veggies a day. It helps me not eat junk when I'm full.
I also have been trying to at least do high intensity intervals for 15 minutes on elliptical (bad knee). And lots of weights while my hr is still up.

When I stick to it, it works really well.
My downfall is my job, weird hours, running around at work, then getting home starving at midnight is probably my weakness.

Paulitens 01-30-2015 06:45 PM

Welcome, nickilaughs! It looks like you got a hang of it and know what works well and what doesn't work for you.

This morning I was 192.7. I'm sloooooowly going back to the 191.4 I was two weeks ago.

nickilaughs 02-02-2015 04:52 AM

Thanks paulitens. Dont give up! You are so close to the 180s! Just think how satisfying that will be!
I was 196ish today. My ankle got strained today but hopefully it wont slow me down.

Paulitens 02-02-2015 04:23 PM

Today in my official weight in I was 193.1. Needless to say, I'm pretty frustrated! I've been doing a really decent job last week and the scale barely budged. I guess it's time to start working out a bit, even if it's just walking half hour on the treadmill a few times a week. I don't know what I'm doing wrong! :( Anyhow... I don't want to over think it because between this frustration and the exhaustion of the sleepless nights, a colicky baby, school, work, and two other kids, I'm going to drive myself nuts.

I'm sorry to hear about your ankle! Here's to a speedy recovery! :hug:

TheLastStraw323 02-02-2015 04:59 PM

(still stalking you all, 16 more pounds...16 more pounds!)

buttonbabies 02-02-2015 07:30 PM

I'm stalking too!

about 2 pounds until I'm here!:cheer2:

nickilaughs 02-03-2015 04:20 AM

Paulitens, I know it's so hard to look at the scale, but you may not be doing anything wrong. I feel like looking at the scale every day ends up being detrimental for me because even if I was super awesome, had a several hundred extra calorie deficit/worked out an hour and ran around like a maniac my entire shift at work...it can be two lbs higher the next day. And then the day after that three pounds down.
I think the body needs time to adjust to progress. How you feel in your clothes is so much more important. Screw the scale!
:)

nickilaughs 03-02-2015 03:26 PM

Just wanted to check in with you girls and see how everyone is doing? Hopefully we can start a 180s thread soon! :)

KellyH2O 03-04-2015 04:35 PM

Hello Ladies,

New to the forums. My name is Kelly and I am 8 months postpartum. Currently 193.2 lbs, I gained 1 pound during pregnancy and then 17 pounds in months 1-6. smh. This is on top of the 42 pounds I slowly gained since my lowest weight in December of 2010.

I got serious 3 1/2 weeks ago and started a 12 week countdown to a New Orleans trip. I refuse to dress frumpy! I have lost 15 pounds over all with 7 of those being real weight loss and not the water weight.

I am eating 1350 Cal clean foods. I have actually enjoyed my new diet change. I do not eat anything from a box or a can. I cut out refined grains and sugars. I stopped soda 2 months ago. I gave up coffee a month ago and I aim for almost a gallon of water per day.

I exercise 30 minutes a day/ 10k steps and am on day #4 of 30 Day Shred by J. Michaels.

I just ..wish...this wasn't .....so.....sloooooooow. heh. Nice to read all your stories.

Kelly

nickilaughs 03-07-2015 05:13 PM

Hi kelly! Welcome! Baby weight is challenge. Its a big change to your body. Hopefully we will all be in yhe 180s soon. Its nice to focus on small amounts instead of big losses. Helps keep me motivated anyway.

Clean eating is a challenge for me. I like a lot of flavor on everything i eat. Im doing mostly veggies and protein. More a low carb style i guess.

KellyH2O 03-27-2015 03:28 PM

Thanks Nicki! I am going to have to set some mini goals so this doesn't feel uphill all the time.

So I threw myself a 2 week pity party after the death of a in-law set the scene for me to gain 8 pounds (3 real pounds and 5 water). I wasn't close to her but my MIL was devastated and I was helping by feeding the group for 6 days. snack snack snacking away.

I spend the next week or so eating good-ish but not counting my calories. I was 192.4 when we left for the out of state funeral and today I am 195.4.

So here I am, telling you wonderful supporters that I am back on track with a new mini-goal of being in the 180's by April 30. That is 5 weeks for 5.5 pounds. I will be clean eating and doing my 30 day shred video again. :dance:

KellyH2O 03-29-2015 10:41 AM

194.8 today.

KellyH2O 04-01-2015 11:32 AM

192.7. Yay. I did weigh in yesterday at 192.1 but I was battling the stomach flu so I knew dehydration was at play. I'm so excited to be halfway to my goal so early. I can't wait to see an 8 instead of 9.

Paulitens 04-20-2015 10:06 PM

Well, whaddya know? I'm back. And no, I'm not in the 190s. Boo. But I'm hoping to be back in the 190s next week.

I've been yoyoing since mid January, when I had the best intention at heart to make this new lifestyle happen. Diet, quit, repeat... Daily, weekly... it didn't matter. It does not matter. I'm here. I'm working on changing my mind frame, to be committed to this lifestyle like I used to. It all starts in my head, to make conscious efforts and tell myself "I don't need to try the mac and cheese I made for the kids," to remind myself "I just ate, I'm not really hungry," etc. Funny thing, how our brain plays those tricks on our bodies, huh?

Anywho... I'm 202 now, I know that when I stick with IP I lose 4-5 lbs on the first weeks, so I hope to be comfortably in the 190s next week. I'll keep checking; see if someone stops by to chat. :)

Paulitens 04-25-2015 01:10 PM

Update: Now I'm in the 190s. :lol:

I'm currently 195.4lbs. Where is everybody!?

:broc: :broc: :broc:

Laura78 04-27-2015 07:31 AM

I'm newly into the 190's but hoping to get out of here by June! :)

Paulitens 04-27-2015 10:40 AM

196.0 this morning.

Excited to keep this going!

Paulitens 04-28-2015 11:47 AM

I don't remember if I was 196.8, or 197.4 this morning... it was one of those. I just ate a healthy (but big) dinner last night, and maybe it was high on salt so I'm not surprised. Plus I snacked on protein bars and sugar free candy with my husband and that probably didn't help. Anywho... It's all good!

:broc: :broc: :broc:

gateaumystere 05-19-2015 01:25 PM

Hellooo! I am new to the forum, and just broke the 200 line at 198.6 this morning, which is awesome. ^^

Looking forward to dropping down into the 180's soon, but it's nice to be back in onederland again :carrot:

I'm growing a vegetable garden right now, and ate some of the first produce from my garden yesterday at dinner. Really working on portion control.... 3 oz of chicken, a single potato, and a cup of leafy greens is a good meal. I'm tracking using the S-Health app on my Samsung Galaxy S6. The app is really great! Much better than others I've used.

Paulitens 05-22-2015 12:21 PM

Hi gateaumystere! Welcome to 3FC! :hug:

I love it here. I've been around for a while.

I'm starting to grow my first garden. For now it's just lettuce, and it's so exciting to see them grow! I will probably not want to eat them when the time comes, hahaha!

The scale showed me some love at 191.8 this morning. Being that I'm all bloated, full of cravings, and PMSing, it's not bad.

donijo23 10-16-2015 10:08 PM

So this is the only link i found for 30 somethings in the 190's. The last post was 5 months ago so I hope I am not alone here....
I am struggling a lot. My end goal is 150 and i cant even get out of the 190's. My will power is non existent and I have come to terms that i am a boredom eater, or a boredom stuff my facer....

I am really looking for some support. My boyfriend is absolutely no help. He always says you look great, don't worry about it. I have 2 friends at work that try to keep me on point (make me take the stairs, help me watch what i eat) but at home.... i basically ruin everything.
I bought the 21 day fix, thought i was going to die. I also smoke a pack a day, and I am having a hard time giving it up.
I guess I am looking for friendly help here to try and keep me in check. So I hope I am not alone in this thread writing to myself.