Old 04-09-2014, 11:18 PM   #46  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

Hello, ladies!

I just wanted to check in today. I weighted in today although my official weight in days are Mondays, and I was 179.0. Not too shabby.

Today I put my favorite button up shirt (a chambray shirt with a detail in lace on the shoulders), and it was HUMONGOUS! I swam in it. It felt good to swim in my own old clothes, though.
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:08 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 180/176.4/155

Height: 5'4"

That is awesome Paulitens!!!! I would love to be swimming in my clothes. I have started buying my clothes one size smaller -- which is not to say that I have gotten any smaller but I think I had a tendency to wear really baggy clothes and I think it makes me look bigger.

I saw some jeans on someone the other day and she had a nice figure but the bagginess of the jeans looked dumpy.. I thought to myself, am I shortchanging myself by covering up so much?

I also started wearing normal workout clothes to kickboxing rather than covering up with a baggy sweatshirt. I guess I am starting to get more comfortable in my own skin -- one of the few things I feel like I can control right now, my acceptance of myself.
TheFinalFifteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:01 PM   #48  

Height: 5'6"

That's awesome that you are swimming in your old fave shirt, Pauli!
FinalFifteen - it's great that you're not wearing that baggy sweatshirt, anymore to class. I'm sure that it was just getting in your way, anyhow!

As for me, I weighed in two mornings after finishing the TOM, and umm... no budge. Scale fail. As I said before, I expect to have a couple of weeks of 174 before I see progress, considering that I just got back on the weight training horse. Still... I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. 174 it is, for now.
RVAscreenwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:49 PM   #49  
On my way to -70

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalFifteen View Post
That is awesome Paulitens!!!! I would love to be swimming in my clothes. I have started buying my clothes one size smaller -- which is not to say that I have gotten any smaller but I think I had a tendency to wear really baggy clothes and I think it makes me look bigger.

I saw some jeans on someone the other day and she had a nice figure but the bagginess of the jeans looked dumpy.. I thought to myself, am I shortchanging myself by covering up so much?

I also started wearing normal workout clothes to kickboxing rather than covering up with a baggy sweatshirt. I guess I am starting to get more comfortable in my own skin -- one of the few things I feel like I can control right now, my acceptance of myself.
Yeah, the clothes size is a fine line because while baggy clothes can make us look bigger, smaller sizes can also make us look big by showing bulges we didn't even know we had! I hate baggy clothes, but I spent too long wearing clothes that were not right for me (you know, typical scenario that you gained weight and you know it, but your brain still refuses to accept it and you continue dressing as if you were your old weight), not realizing how ridiculous I looked. For example: big no-no of big girls (especially top heavy like me), are tight low rise jeans, but I wore them because I thought they'd make me look my size. Really? Not so much, but I wore low rise jeans my whole life because I used to be at a healthy, lower weight and back then they did make me look my size. Now low rise tight jeans don't look pretty when you're 200+ lbs like I was. So I finally came to terms with that and bought higher-waisted, non stretchy jeans at the risk of looking like an old lady. Best. Purchase. Ever. And then I started dieting and I'm reversing the cycle: clothes that used to fit me well, like a glove, are way baggy and I think "it's ok, it's proof that I'm losing weight" but... really? Does it show that I'm losing weight or is it concealing the fact that I'm losing weight by making me look bigger? So... there, it's a fine line.

Here's the shirt I was talking about. I enjoyed the fact that it felt so loose and relaxed, but maybe aesthetically it wasn't doing me any favors. Also, those are some of the low-rise skinny jeans I was talking about; they still make a bit of a muffin top but it's not as terrible as it used to be, hahaha! Anyway... you couldn't tell because the shirt is so loose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAscreenwriter View Post
That's awesome that you are swimming in your old fave shirt, Pauli!
FinalFifteen - it's great that you're not wearing that baggy sweatshirt, anymore to class. I'm sure that it was just getting in your way, anyhow!

As for me, I weighed in two mornings after finishing the TOM, and umm... no budge. Scale fail. As I said before, I expect to have a couple of weeks of 174 before I see progress, considering that I just got back on the weight training horse. Still... I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. 174 it is, for now.
No budge? That blows. :/ I just started working out more often; I run on the treadmill a few times a week. We'll see if it speeds up the process a bit.

Last edited by Paulitens; 04-10-2014 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:45 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Height: 5'7"

I keep hovering between 176 - 178. TOM is on it's way, so I'll giving it a few weeks.

Rode my bike into work today (I live close by). It was a total of 60 minutes biking, and it sure kicked my butt!

Hope all is well
coffeeshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:58 AM   #51  
On my way to -70

Today was my official weight in day and I was 178.2! I lost 1.5 lbs since I got into the 170s thread last week, and 30 lbs since I began my healthy eating thing back on January 20th.

I still have 46 more lbs to go or so... But for now I can't wait to be down to 176 lbs because that's 80 kilos and I still think my milestones in terms of kilos. That was my big first milestone; going back to the weight I was right after I had my first daughter.

My second big milestone is getting down to 154 lbs (70 kilos) which is what I was when I got pregnant with her and, well, my usual weight most of my adult life. And then there is the ultimate goal of 132 which would be 10 kilos less than 70, which is the lightest I was as an adult, about 10 years ago.

I am SO pumped!!

Last edited by Paulitens; 04-14-2014 at 08:59 AM.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:22 AM   #52  

Congratulations, Pauli! That is so awesome! What is especially great about your loss is that it is happening gradually and not rushed... That's more sustainable for keeping it off in the future! Keep up the good work

I'm going to weigh myself at the gym today and see if the scale has decided to cooperate. I am seeing progress, however, in that my legs and arms are getting "more solid" already. My husband noticed, too!
Old 04-16-2014, 05:11 PM   #53  
Hi there

S/C/G: (HW 215) 208/T/145

Height: 5' 5"

183.5 this morning... I hope to join this thread soon! But I will also help that you guys are gone by the time I get here.
SunnyMathChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:41 PM   #54  
On my way to -70

RVAscreenwriter - that's definitely true. I have been losing one lb per week after the first two weeks dieting that I had a big whoosh and lost like 8 lbs. LOL. I like the speedy weight loss but this isn't bad in the long run.

SunnyMathChick - I'm going to be here for a while. Looking back at the last months I have been losing 10 lbs a month or so, so I expect to be here till mid-May.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:50 PM   #55  
Walking

S/C/G: 104/ticker/81

Height: 180

I am 36, mum to five.

I am a few pounds away from 170s but hope it will be very soon. I think that will make me boringly normal ( according to bmi) so may stay for a while.
noshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:59 AM   #56  
On my way to -70

Hi noshoes! I think we've talked in the 180s or 190s thread. Good to see you here!
Old 04-17-2014, 01:22 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 180/176.4/155

Height: 5'4"

When I start a new thread (maybe May 1?) I am going to include 180s and 170s since so many of us get trapped here :-)

I hope all you 180s people (which includes myself some days hahaha) stick around for a chat :-)
TheFinalFifteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:58 PM   #58  
On my way to -70

I weighted myself in today and I was a glorious 176.8! So close to my second major goal of reaching 80 kilos (176.0 lbs.). I can almost taste it! I haven't been this low since I had my first daughter, 7 and a half years ago. I don't even think I was this low after I had her.

I am SO pumped!!

Gotta go get on the treadmill and do a few miles. See you all!
Old 04-19-2014, 12:34 PM   #59  

ugh! I am so frustrated! I know that I need to hang in there with the strength training, I know that already having a higher, firmy booty and less flabby arms is worth it (I am pleased to say I look a bit better in my clothes already), but my weight has GONE UP.

I am up to 179 pounds from 174. Sheesh! Muscle, why you got to be so heavy!?

Just had to vent. Thanks for reading.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:28 PM   #60  
On my way to -70

Aw, man! That totally blows!

I am going easy on my work outs because I just hate seeing the scale going up because of muscle weight. I just jog/walk briskly 3-4 times a week because I know I can go overboard and then get frustrated with the numbers on the scale. And for some reason those numbers mean the world to me. I'm hoping that once I'm closer to my final goal I'll work out more often and do more strength workouts .

Hang in there, though, if your clothes fit better you're doing something good!