Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 08:37 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default **Week of 7/6**

Hi All!!

Starting this week, let's start tracking our exercise miles, as Tech suggested! Each week, whoever starts the thread will copy and paste the previous week's totals and update them.

You can record actual miles walked, jogged, ran...or you can count 1 mile for every 20 minutes of exercise. This includes housework ladies, we all know housework can work up a sweat, so don't forget to count it!

Have a great week everyone!!
Old 07-06-2003, 04:38 PM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

Doing ok but not great with eating. I was doing better until we decided to make homemadeicecream last night. It was so easy and totally fattening. I don't usually like homemade icecream but this was more like frozen mousse.

Hope everyone has had a great 4th!!

ETA: 1 mile--walked w/baby, dog and DH

Last edited by KarenK; 07-06-2003 at 10:08 PM.
Old 07-06-2003, 10:52 PM   #3  
Donna

Hello Everyone,

Sounds like Karen and LBH had a good 4th and RR is out of town up my way. Rabbit should be back this week I think.

As for me.... well, I worked Thurs and you know you've sweated a lot when you drink 2+ L of water and don't have to pee . I know too much information. I had Fri off but had to catch up on homework. Yesterday I worked and then we went to the Detroit Symphony Orchastra concert with a bunch of family, and picnic'd on the lawn, listened to music, got eaten alive because I forgot bug spray, all followed by fireworks. This is the 4th time we've done this with a few more people each year and it's a blast. Today I worked again and I think we went from 85% humidity to 100% back to 95%. It was seriously muggy. But Sundays are only 1/2 days so it wasn't too bad.

I haven't been tracking my food again (need to get back to that!), but except for Thurs I don't think I've done too bad. Thurs I just drank way too many calories.

K's out of town again this week, and I have a hard time cooking for one, so let's hope I can stay on track.

As for exercise...well I'm going to count 1 mile for the hike out to, and back from my site today, it has to be at least a 1/2 mile from the front.

To all those who are missing, come back soon, we miss you. And I hope you had a great holiday.

-Tech
Old 07-07-2003, 08:57 AM   #4  

Hi everyone,
I'm still here. I've kind of gotten into a funk and have made some changes to see what happens. I was getting obsessed with weighing and counting points. I felt like all I did all day was think about food -- what I could and couldn't have. I knew it wasn't going well when my scale was down I was eating to reward myself. Then my scale would go up so I'd eat cuz I was depressed. So I put the scale away and stopped counting and right now I'm just trying to listen to my body. A lot of the time I was eating for no particular reason - even if I wasn't hungry. I haven't weighed for a couple of weeks but all the clothes are still fitting. I'm just bummed since I haven't made hardly any progress this year. I did take my measurements a few weeks ago and I've lost 3% body fat since Jan 03. I just wish the weight and inches would have decreased too.

I'm still going to the gym and hoping to run a couple of 5K's this year -- first one on Aug 30. Life's been kind of crazy cuz DH is swamped in school. I'm trying hard to be the good wife and support him.

Mon Exercise - 5 miles bike & 2.5 miles elliptical

Have a great week everyone!
Liz
Old 07-07-2003, 12:40 PM   #5  

HELLO ALL!

I had a great vacation! The weather was seriously crummy but we had a good time anyway. Most of my family went and that was great. The coolest thing was watching the fireworks on the beach on the 4th. We even sang patriotic songs.

Liz - hooray for the body fat lost. I have a scale and mine never seems to change. Definitely a victory so celebrate it! (but not with food, lol).

Rabbit
exercise today: 4.5 miles (or 5 APs)
Old 07-07-2003, 09:04 PM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Rabbit- Welcome back!! Glad you had a great time!

Liz- Good to see you too!! I know what you mean about being obsessed with the points and scale. That's why I didn't re-join WW. I still think it's a great plan, I just didn't want to be counting again! Thankfully Peter keeps me too busy to think about stepping on the scale more than once or twice a week!

Tech- Hang in there!! Try not to lose it while DH is gone! Sounds like you had a great weekend too!

May I ask that we update our total miles on Friday or Saturday, so that we don't have to sift through the whole thread to total them up? I think it would just be easier that way, ya' know?

Hope everyone's having a great week!
Old 07-07-2003, 09:20 PM   #7  

Hi all,

It's good to see people back again.

Can't post much now I have a little boy attached (literaly!!).

1 mile for today.
Old 07-08-2003, 12:24 AM   #8  

Hi everyone!! It is so nice to feel good again That darn tooth caused me so much grief. I have also finally found a way of eating that is actually working!! I am going to start posting menus as well, just to stay accountable. Here are my non-scale victories to celebrate:

1 - Fit into my mini-goal Levi size 12 jeans
2 - Bought my first size 10 skirt yesterday!!!

I also realized when I did my measurements for the 4th challenge that I never measured my thighs and arms. I had lost 1.5 inches off my thighs and 1 inch off my arms for a total of 5 inches.

Rabbit - Welcome back from vacation Sounds like you had a great time.

Tech - LOL....I am with ya on the drinking and not having to pee It was so humid here on the 4th did the same thing.

Liz - Hang in there, it will come I also became obsessive about counting carbs then protein and made myself nuts. I lowered my calories by making a few painless changes and just stick with foods I know I can have and stopped counting.

LBH - You have been awesome at keeping this thread going

Karen - Home made ice cream sounds so good

Mon exercise - 45 minutes elliptical (how many miles??) I didn't look at the miles but burned 498 calories.

Ellie
Old 07-08-2003, 11:09 PM   #9  

Hi guys,

No exercise today . We went for pictures today so I let the baby nurse all morning to keep him happy!! Then we napped this afternoon.

Liz: Hope the changes you made were successful. If your not loosing maybe it's because you are turning to muscle? Especially since you are loosing body fat.

Rabbit: Glad to see you back here.

Ellie: Glad to hear that your tooth is better. It's awful to have a toothache. Size 10? Whooohooo!!

OK, gotta go. Have a great evening all!!
Old 07-09-2003, 11:06 AM   #10  

Good morning I was down 1.5 pounds this am at 155.5. Didn't expect that since TOM is still in the building. My exercise for yesterday was 35 minutes elliptical and abs. I have dentist appt this am

Have a great day

Ellie
Old 07-09-2003, 11:20 AM   #11  

hi!

I'm home for 2 weeks - woohoo!

Ellie - Yeah on the nsv!!! And also on the loss. You are very inspiring.

Karen - hope the pictures turn out good.

Rabbit
Old 07-09-2003, 02:30 PM   #12  
Donna

Happy Wednesday Everyone,

My brain is just too full. No wonder senior citizens forget so much there's just not enough room left . I'm just hoping I pass my exam on Fri, then I can take the state exam and hopefully take a little break. Still have work though . And since I keep getting put in new places that's additional information too. Oh well, I'll make it....

This weather is supposed to break soon and I can't wait. We had a couple of visitors from way hotter places complaining about the mugginess and I find that funny.

Lost a pound at WW last night. I forgot to weigh myself in the morning. Haven't been doing too badly on food, haven't been exercising though I really need to get moving, I just can't seem to get motivated. Maybe if it cools down this evening I'll take the dogs for a walk, although both at once is always a trip.

I'm going to go start a Labor Day challenge thread. So come join me, and hopefully we can be a thinner, fitter crowd by summer's end.

Rabbit - Welcome back! Glad you had a good vacation .

Liz - Yea on listening to your body! Sometimes that is the best thing we can do for ourselves.

Ellie - Glad the tooth is feeling better, and yea on the NSV , sometimes those are the best!!

LBH - No proble sorting the miles and reprinting on Fri/Sat here.

Karen - Hope the pics turn out.

Have a great day everyone!!

-Tech
Old 07-10-2003, 12:29 PM   #13  

Tech - hooray for your loss! I'm going to check out your Labor Day post.

Rabbit
Closed Thread