Coming back to the forums after a couple years away!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hello ladies!
    I was once quite active on the forums (mostly in the 20-somethings at the time) and I am once again in need of the support of this great community!

A quick intro: I am a working lady in business contracting. 32, No children, no husband. In my time away I went through a divorce which helped with my weight issues immensely! After the ex was out of my life I got down to a total weight loss of 34lbs. I was running, doing hot yoga and eating well. I wasn't at goal but was feeling great! Now I have been dating someone for 8 months and in that time I have packed on probably close to 20 lbs. I no longer have any fitness routine and I'm beginning to feel unattractive, my clothes aren't fitting... it's depressing. It doesn't help that the bf has lost about the same amount I have gained since we met and he wants to make me breakfast and doughnuts all the time! I love him to death but I forgot how much they can interfere with healthy choices! lol

I joined a small privately owned women's only gym. I haven't started yet but I go in for my introduction/evaluation next week! I can't wait. I am looking forward to zumba classes, treadmills and ladies who know my name and ask where I was last class when I missed!!

Anyway I look forward to getting to know you ladies. I really have missed the 3FC world!
  • Welcome Back!!! Sounds like you have a plan ready to put into action. Good luck and hope to see you around on the threads!
  • Welcome back, I'm rejoining after seven years away and set my first five pound goal. First day on the diet wagon and I did OK. I was trapped in a room at work with ALL sorts of free snacks all day! Let's get it started!
  • Welcome back. I am sure you can bust it up given the plans you describe!
  • Welcome back Kay! Sounds like you put on happy pounds. It happens to all of us. The great part is you sound like you have a great new guy in your life. I am sure he would support you if you asked him for help. The women's only gym sounds awesome. Good luck!
  • Thanks, Boatingmommy!

I'm right there with you Elisette!!

Thanks IanG!

Mama Whitty- Everyone keeps saying it's happy lbs and I guess it's true but that happiness is making my weight plans sad. lol But it's true, the new BF is great. He has lost weight because he is learning from me to eat vegetables and real food! He says he never would have tried the foods I have introduced him to but he loves it and even suggests some healthy meals when I ask for ideas.
  • He sounds like a great catch. No doubt you will be successful with support from him and here.

My sister was super thin recently and just started a new relationship 4 months ago. She gained about 11 happy pounds. She needed to gain them though. Wish we could all be so lucky.
  • Welcome back! I'm also back after a few years (approximately 4), and was pretty active in the 20-somethings. Now I'm 30, and have kind of migrated. I was married just over a year ago, and talk about the "happy pounds!" I'm still happy, but want to be happy and healthy, LOL.
  • Yay! Welcome back I'm also back after 4 years LOL. Hoping I'll stay motivated.
  • Hi! Back myself and in almost the same exact situation as you.

Time to get back on the wagon and hope that reading and posting here will help keep me on track.
  • I am back again too, from a few years away...we can do it!!
  • I guess I'm not the only one back after a long time away! I'm looking forward to starting 2014 with a renewed outlook, determination, and lust for life! Wishing everyone else on this thread the same.
  • I just came back to the forums too! LOL I think it's been a couple of years for me too. Welcome back!
  • I'm trying to get motivated myself. It's been so hard, and winter doesn't help. Neither does my boyfriend who loses wieght like I gain. Just like yours! lol

My goal is to cook more meals at home, and less take out or fast food to start
  • Welcome back! I've been gone a while too. Had another baby and I'm back on the saddle trying to lose this chub.