Old 09-16-2013, 06:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Weight Loss Confessions - Part II

The original thread was hugely popular and reached the post limit, so I'm starting a new one.

So I saw this thread in the 20-something group and it seemed like a REALLY good idea. Several people's confessions were things like that they were worried that they won't know how to MAINTAIN their weight, only how to lose or gain it...or that they hate their new body after the weight loss...or how they weigh themselves (naked, after a big poop, etc.). Soooooooooooo...no judgments passed...what are YOUR weight loss confessions???

I'll start the thread off again...

I constantly worry that although I've made huge progress in my weight loss, guys still won't think I'm small enough for them to date. I'm still a chunky girl and I think I always will be, but my heart always sinks when I talk to guys and they ask for full body pictures over and over again. If you're THAT concerned, why even talk to me? I post full body pictures all the time...I'm ont hiding my body. If you don't like what you see, don't contact me...it's THAT simple.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 310/*look*/140

Height: 5'9

Good idea. I wouldn't sweat it too much Natasha...it there is one thing I've learned about men, it's that 92.7% of them are shallow worthless bast@rds. :P Haha! But the good ones make sifting through all the bad ones worth it. The one's that are worth your time won't run from chunkiness as long as you care about yourself and are not miserable because of it. You'll find your prince, don't get discouraged. I found mine, and he is loves me and is romantic no matter my size.
My confession is that I've been using DietBet, which has been fine but the 4-5 days between dietbets I have been going overboard. I am acknowledging it publicly here as a catalyst for reigning it in!
Lecomtes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 254/254/135

Height: 5'5"

Oh wow, this is hard to be really honest about things that I NEVER admit.

I confess that I've been single the last 7 years (during which I gained 110 pounds) not because I've been too busy nursing a broken heart, going to law school, starting my career, and gaining independence like I insist, but because I can't imagine anyone being interested in me when I'm so uncomfortable with my weight.

I confess that I am really worried about how I will look when I lose the weight- the idea of loose skin is terrifying to me, although rationally I know that 'deflated balloon' can't look worse that being obese.

I confess that I've used my weight as a "shield" for so long and for so many things that I'm terrified when I no longer have it as an excuse.

I confess that I hate being "the fat one" in my family.

I confess that I have difficulties putting on socks and tying shoes. This is just one of the most embarrassing things about being so big, the fact that I actually can't really reach down and tie my shoes.

Last edited by ctkat1; 09-19-2013 at 01:11 AM.
ctkat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:33 AM   #4  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

I now weigh one pound more than I did on the first of the year, and regardless of the reason, I confess that it's annoying the crap out of me. I also confess that I'm not able to see my growing belly objectively and rationally, and secretly fear it will still be huge once I have the baby. Maybe because I'd only recently lost the last bit of weight and didn't get a chance to get used to my smaller size before getting pregnant? This larger belly pretty much feels like my fatter, "normal" self.

And don't get me wrong, I'm so happy to be having a baby! But my body image is completely and utterly distorted.

Last edited by Elladorine; 09-19-2013 at 01:38 AM.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 249/ticker/145

Height: 5' 5"

I confess that I didn't realized how much I changed until I wore a new knit dress to a birthday party. Since I haven't bought any clothes, my old clothes were baggy and WOW the attention was overwhelming. I did love the fact the several men said I was the best looking woman at the party. The women were frosty though....

I confess that Im afraid I'll regain the weight.

I confess that I'll probably avoid serious dating for a while to settle into this new body (54 inches lost and counting).

I confess that I really don't want to be 135...will probably aim to be between 140-145 for maintenance but first just trying to reach my goal and adjust afterwards.

Last edited by cosmic wisdom; 09-21-2013 at 04:54 PM.
cosmic wisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 222/124/?

As a way of keeping myself motivated, I've been watching a lot of British fat shows on YouTube like Fat Doctor, Supersize vs. Superskinny, and Secret Eaters.
CrabNebula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #7  
Gone, baby, gone

S/C/G: 274/212.6/134

Height: 5'1"

I like true confession time!

I'm embarrassed to admit that I ate everything in sight from Thursday - Sunday in preparation for my turn on Atkins induction. As my boyfriend kept telling me, "To be fair, it was your birthday". And to be perfectly fair (and honest), my birthday is only ONE day, not FOUR!
staja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 290/see ticker/150

Height: 5'1

I hate that I self-sabotage myself, when it comes to eating. But eating is not the problem, it's having the energy to workout after work.

I'm also afraid that I have gotten so comfortable at this size, that I will never lose the weight.

I'm afraid that guys don't want me because of my weight and I'm afraid they would want me because of the weight loss.
stilettolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/167/130

Height: 5' 3"

I confess that i dont want a take away this weekend - its my treat for running all week (husbands idea). I think it will undo all the hard work and i'm not sure how to gently bring it up. I'm not sure if come friday evening I'll have the will power to say no. hmmmmmm.
Fakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:49 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 222/124/?

I'm stressing a little about my trip next week. I'm actually packing my measuring spoons and cups. The in-laws will probably think I have gone OCD. They serve ridiculously large portions of meals and you are well expected to eat it all as not to be rude. I also will be tempted by things that I can't get in the US and feel the need to 'stock up' on. Agh.
CrabNebula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakk View Post
I confess that i dont want a take away this weekend - its my treat for running all week (husbands idea). I think it will undo all the hard work and i'm not sure how to gently bring it up. I'm not sure if come friday evening I'll have the will power to say no. hmmmmmm.
I'm sure that your husband will be more than understanding if you broach the subject w/ him tactfully. Maybe "honey, that was a really good idea about treating ourselves with takeout, but how about we go to a movie instead and have a nice candlelit (and healthy) dinner at home instead?"
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:15 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

I confess that I am smarter than this, that I let my inner tempertantrum win for most of my life and self sooth with food and I'm not quite sure how to find the happy medium. But that I'm starting to get super scared for my health, its going to catch up to me if it hasn't already... And that I'm not sure how to stick with it I seem to be stuck in a lifelong cycle of trying really hard and then eventually giving up and backsliding, on a repetitive loop. Ever since I was 14... and I'm 34 now.
silentarctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:56 AM   #13  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

Height: 5'4"

confessions...hmmmm

i fear that my boyfriend will treat me differently if i'm at a normal weight.
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #14  
Started IP Nov 1 2013

S/C/G: 271/251/145

Height: 5'7

I confess that i weigh more now than the day BEFORE i had my first child...and i gained 110 pounds in that pregnancy!
sologirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:33 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 318/263/258

Confessions: My boyfriend admittedly likes larger women and I'm worried as I lose weight that he won't want me anymore. I'm also really worried about loose skin but mostly I'm worried about my breasts getting smaller. I know it is weird and goofy, but I don't want them to get smaller or saggier or lack volume.
shrewlu is offline   Reply With Quote