Old 06-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 234.3 / 232.6 / 130

Height: 5'3"

Default Rough day

Having a tough day, so thought I'd post and get it off my chest.

I've been back at it for two weeks now, counting my calories and getting exercise daily. My body is tired, and desperately going through junk food withdrawals. To put it mildly, I don't feel healthier, I just feel miserable.

In two weeks, I have seen ONE pound drop. ONE?!?! I feel like I've been through the wringer for ONE measly little pound?!?!?!? Couldn't help it today, when my bf told me he lost 5-6 pounds just from going back to school and snacking less, I burst into tears. I'm sure you all know what an emotional journey it is to be overweight :'(

Yes, I know weight loss is different for every person. I just don't remember it being this hard last time. Anyway, I'm not giving up. I just needed to vent.
brooksrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

It is only been two weeks ! Don't give up and don't compare yourself with someone else.
PS read your motto ....

Perseverance is sticking to it even when all passion for the subject is gone."
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 183/160/150

Height: 5' 9"

That sounds frustrating. It feels so unfair when people lose weight so easily, and you're putting in a bunch of effort to no avail.

Personally, I'm ok with the occasional .5 lb loss, it's still moving in the right direction. I've read plenty of things that say slower weight loss is better to prevent things like saggy skin (I'm sure there's debate about this like every other dieting theory, but it scares me, so no crashing diet for me).
If you keep losing extremely slowly even though you're sure you're taking the right steps, maybe talk to your doc about getting your thyroid levels checked out?

Good luck!
ddovii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

You got some great advice. I wanted to add that as far as I know, males lose weight faster because of their higher percentage of muscle mass than women. That's why now, women are being urged to lift weights (heavy weights) to lose weight. One thing to remember though is that even though you'll be losing fat (your metabolism will increase), the weight on the scale may take a while to budge because as muscle repairs itself, the body holds on to more water.

I know you didn't ask for help, but just wanted to vent so I hope you don't mind me posting this. Either way, I hope you feel better soon.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 310/*look*/140

Height: 5'9

I'm so sorry! I bet you'll take off soon! Keep at it, you're worth it!
Lecomtes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

Just take it one day at a time. Today you're having a rough day but you won't tomorrow. Keep your eye on the big picture and don't allow one rough day to cloud all your days. You can do this, I know exactly how hard it is since I have my own share of rough days. Loosing weight is HARD!!!!
There is so much support here, people who understand you perfectly. You did a great thing by writing down how you are feeling. It helps so much. And don't think about the fact that you only lost one lbs. One will turn into five, five into ten and so on. Just don't give up. You can do this!!!
Joil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 203/203/165

Height: 5'5

It's so hard to feel like you're putting in the. Effort and it seeing results. But - do you feel better? Do your clothes fit any better? I know I've gone a couple of weeks with no change and then lost 3 lbs in one week. It's a tricky game. Don't let the scale get you down.
oppscdaizy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:45 PM   #8  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Weight loss isn’t linear. There is more to weight than just body fat. Be patient and use other ways of measuring than just the scale. Your hard work will show up!
Annik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:47 PM   #9  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Are you getting enough sleep? Quality sleep?
Annik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:15 PM   #10  

S/C/G: hw:290/sw:215/cw:188/gw:140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
It is only been two weeks ! Don't give up and don't compare yourself with someone else.
PS read your motto ....

Perseverance is sticking to it even when all passion for the subject is gone."
My thoughts exactly and you always appreciate things more the harder you work for them....
tapifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:08 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 275/264/160

Height: 5 ft 9 inches

Just take it one day at a time....I lost 15 lbs with WW but I still have a heck of a lot more to go....in fact, I have been going through a rough time so Ive been bingeing (cant help myself, Im so depressed) and have put back on almost all teh weight I have lost. I am trying to get back on track but every time I do its like something comes along and pushes me off the wagon again. I am determined to lose the weight but maybe right now is not the right time. I am going to try anyway. Thats all you can do is do your best to try
Missys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote