3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   water weight? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/276967-water-weight.html)

SweetAsCanBe 03-04-2013 10:26 PM

water weight?

I cut soda and sugar 3 weeks ago this last Saturday and started my eating plan 6 days ago. From the day I stopped sugar/soda to the day I started my eating plan I lost 10 pounds. In the last 6 days I've lost another 4. I'm not sure if most of this is water weight or all ww or some fat loss too. Is there a certain amount of time water weight is likely whats being lost? I have noticed a difference in some clothes, but could be just bloating going down.

WannaB2cute 03-05-2013 09:15 AM

I think most is water weight but you've been working hard. Way to go. And I think water weight is gonna be something that's constant and ongoing

SweetAsCanBe 03-05-2013 09:52 AM

Thank you! I'm sure it is mostly water weight, but I still count it as a good loss since I'm already on my way to my goal. I do drink a lot of water now though to keep hydrated. About 3 liters a day, probably a bit more.

gretel 03-06-2013 08:30 AM

I think the first two weeks are definitely mostly water weight. I've been reading a lot on how cutting out sugar/carbs or caffeine signals the body to let some water go. And if you are eating at a deficit, you will be burning fat too. It sounds like you are getting enough water - 3 L a day seems like plenty to me :) If your deficit is over 300-500 cals a day, you might be losing a little muscle mass too. I totally recommend adding some weight training to your routine to help with that.

Also, I have a scale that measure my body fat % . You can find a decent one for around $30-40 and it will give you your weight, % body fat and % water. They aren't super accurate, but the trends are! I love seeing that body fat % go down more than the weight.

elvislover324 03-06-2013 09:11 AM

Ride the big loss while it lasts!!! Your body will catch up with itself and the losses will be smaller but that's ok. :)

Congrats on your losses and changes so far, you are doing a great job! Can't wait to keep reading about your continued success!!

plangevin 03-06-2013 09:25 AM

Like everyone says, it's mostly water weight. That being said, the fact that you're losing as much is a great sign and even though it will eventually start staggering later on, just make sure you keep it up and you will keep having results.

My first week, I lost 11 pounds because I was very strict and ate only the essentials while working out every single day. Now, I've toned it down because its a little too extreme and will most likely have me fall off the wagon. That being said, some weeks I will push myself like that first week and will still manage to lose over 5 pounds so it's still very encouraging even though the numbers aren't as high.

Keep it up!
Pat

SweetAsCanBe 03-06-2013 01:35 PM

Thanks everyone! This is all new to me in a way. I have tried to lose weight before but gave up in a week or two. My heart wasn't in it. I feel this is my time now. My heart and mind are in 100%. I'll admit I haven't worked out a lot. I'm very out of shape, so taking baby steps. I found a bodyweight workout routine to do every other day that I just started yesterday. I can't afford gym membership or home equipment right now, but I sure have the bodyweight to do it lol. I went for a 20min walk yesterday. Felt great except my ears about froze off. I think I'll be crocheting a cute earwarmer for myself so no excuse to not go walking. 20 min with sore muscles from the body weight thing felt like plenty. I don't want to go too crazy to start and then just give up. My diet drastically changing hasn't bothered me, but I don't like pain lol.