Old 03-03-2013, 10:31 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/155

Yep. Wrists, fingers, ankles, feet. It all shrank. Now if my hips would just follow suit.
beachluvr79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 240/216/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
Aw thanks, SweetAsCanBe! I have been very blessed with my weightloss this time, I can't thank God enough. I follow a plan with a nutritionist that I see weekly with a doctor and nurse as it's very low calorie. I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer over last summer and my weight/fat cells were feeding the cancer with too much estrogen (I know, gross!) so I had to get it off quickly. I'm trying to get the weight off to prevent the cancer from getting worse while I try and get pregnant before having an inevitable hysterectomy in the next year. It's not a diet plan for everyone is what I am getting at, there are a lot of factors involved! Sorry for the long reply!!
No apology needed! I feel a little silly worrying about my bracelet fitting when I know there are far more important reasons to lose this weight. You are such an inspiration. That has got to be extremely tough, but you are doing fantastic. God is good! I will include you in my prayers. I had a hysterectomy 2 years ago April 6 at the age of 29. I had uterine prolapse, already had 4 living children and 4 in heaven. My hysterectomy came at a good time because the doctor did say they found abnormalities. Stay strong and keep that wonderful attitude and your faith.

I appreciate all the responses! I see lots of great progress on tickers, and it really gives the motivation I need. Thank you for sharing!
SweetAsCanBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:41 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachluvr79 View Post
Yep. Wrists, fingers, ankles, feet. It all shrank. Now if my hips would just follow suit.

This just gave me a case of the giggles. I do hope your hips behave! I would take some from you as I think mine are a bit boring. But it may just be all the extra weight I'm carrying. Maybe one I lose some belly I'll get a waist and pretty hips.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetAsCanBe View Post
No apology needed! I feel a little silly worrying about my bracelet fitting when I know there are far more important reasons to lose this weight. You are such an inspiration. That has got to be extremely tough, but you are doing fantastic. God is good! I will include you in my prayers. I had a hysterectomy 2 years ago April 6 at the age of 29. I had uterine prolapse, already had 4 living children and 4 in heaven. My hysterectomy came at a good time because the doctor did say they found abnormalities. Stay strong and keep that wonderful attitude and your faith.

I appreciate all the responses! I see lots of great progress on tickers, and it really gives the motivation I need. Thank you for sharing!
There are definitely important reasons for all of us to lose weight but worrying about your bracelet is just as real for you as any of the other reasons we have. Your bracelet is a measure of accomplishment and without those measures/NSVs, we'd all lose a lot of motivation. Thank you so much for your kind comments and prayers, I need all the prayers I can get. I'm so sorry about your babies in heaven, I cant imagine what you have gone through. And thank God for your 4 beautiful babies here with you. I'm very nervous about a hysterectomy and I will be having one this year no matter what happens (I'm 37) and will be in surgical menopause before I leave the hospital as they have to take everything due to the spreading risk. I thought 37 was young nevermind 29, wow. Thank you for sharing so much with me, it makes me feel so less alone in all of this. You have no idea how much your post meant to me.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #20  

I was scared to death going in for my surgery. I cried for days. I still have times that I mourn the loss of my uterus, but it is getting better. I did keep my ovaries, however I did have menopause symptoms for about a month after surgery. Then everything "woke back up" as my Dr explained. I had a vaginal hysterectomy and I was way more scared than I should've been. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I do recommend keeping on top of pain meds for at least the first week. I felt fine in the hospital (besides being groggy and a dull ache) but as soon as the IV pain meds wore off I was in more pain than I expected. The hardest part after the first week was remembering not to do too much. There is a wonderful site full of ladies that are very supportive for the before and after hysterectomy that I found. I haven't been on there for quite some time. I'm not sure if I can share the link here, but I can send to you via private message once I'm able to send messages. I'm still too new to do that. But you can get lots of info on what to expect, way more than I'll put on here so I don't make it any longer (I've probably almost wrote a book already).
Old 03-06-2013, 10:23 PM   #21  

Height: 5'6

The other day I swear that my wrists looked smaller. I am not sure if its true or not...but they looked it!
crazycatlady33 is offline   Reply With Quote