Old 02-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #1  
Working on a new me!

S/C/G: 350/?/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Working on a new me!

I'm hoping to use this for my accountablitity, support and "log" all rolled into each other. Maybe people will be able to see where I'm going wrong or right and be able to having pointers, suggestions, etc... I'm still going to be browsing all the other posts, but this one is going to be mainly for me and my own use

I'm 34 and weigh 350lbs. Today is 3 weeks now that I've been trying to watch what I'm eating, mainly during the week. I haven't started any excersie plan yet though. And I haven't weighed myself since my OBGYN appointment 2 weeks ago either. I'm afraid to weigh myself and realize that nothing I'm doing is working to lose weight so I'd rather start making changes for awhile and have those changes be a part of my routine first. To much of a risk of giving up. I've started and gave up so quickly on trying to lose weight through out the years. I've always been "plump" but didn't really start packing on the pounds until my late teen's. Never really watched what I ate and have never been an active person. All the things I really love to do is sedentary. I really haven't even had that much of a problem until the last several years. I've been aware that I'm over weight and the Dr.'s have especially made it a point, but I've never been picked on and never really had issues with meeting people, whether for friends or romantically. It's only within the last few years that my body itself has really started to complain in the sense of being uncomfortable, not able to walk for longer than 10 minutues without my back complaining like crazy and issues like painting my toe nails, etc... the little things. I've never tried very hard to change my life style. This is the first for me really....

I've had a new job and love it for the past 7 months, my previous one at for 7 years was an absolute nightmare. One of the things I absolutely enjoy and is a pleasure is going to lunch with a friend or friends at work. At my previous job I missed out on the comradery of fellow co-workers so if at all possible I'm not going to give that up. My husband and I and our friends also enjoy being socialable at restuarants too so this this is going to be a MAJOR challenge to my weight loss journey I know. One of the things I've changed is when getting groceries everything we get now is either low fat or or fat free. No more fried foods and no more soda. During the week (M-F). Either Friday night or Saturday night is a "cheat" meal for me. Last 2 weekends though all weekend has been a "cheat" for me so far. Working on that....although I seem to do OK during the week. I'll be posting my BREAKFAST/LUNCH/DINNERS going forward on here too.
welofwishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:59 PM   #2  

Welcome welofwishes!!

I hope you find 3FC as helpful as I have. I started reading here soon after starting my diet and didn't post too much but I sure did read so much!

There is a wealth of information here, in both people and data.

I wish you lots of success in your weightloss journey!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 224/188/147

Best of luck with your weight loss..

Read Read Read .. there's sooooooo much on here

all the best you can do it ...
curlysue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Sounds like you're off to a good start welofwishes!

Let us know how it's going
coffeeshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #5  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

Welcome and congrats on starting to change your eating, we all have to start somewhere, for me weighing was a must. Seeing the numbers drop even an ounce was always an encouragement, even when the numbers went up I knew it was time to try harder. Best of luck!
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:26 AM   #6  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Smile Welcome wishes!

Hi, I'm Laura. I'm 35 and I started last summer at 330, I've been where you are. Getting started is the hardest part. So you are already ahead of the game. Last June I couldn't walk the treadmill for more than 30 minutes. I couldn't jog around the block. Seriously. Now I can jog 7 miles at least without stopping. I'd like to do a half marathon by New Years 2014.

Let NOTHING stop you! You can do it!
Chubbygirl253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:30 AM   #7  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Smile

If having a big weightloss goal is daunting, try to just reduce your body weight by 10% at a time. Focus on the 1st 35 lbs and take it from there! Good luck!
Chubbygirl253 is offline   Reply With Quote