Its depressing to think i can now be a member here.

• Thats right i've been a member of these boards on and off for coming on on 10 years. now at 31 i can belong on the 20(10's) board.

I'm not annoyed about being over 30, i couldn't care less the thing is its 10 years since i joined here and guess what i've still not nailed this weight thing down. was 322 got down to 226 got back to 329 now back to 254.5. Really hoped i'd never need to post on this board but here i am. I will definately not be fat enough to need posting on the 40's board!
  • Hi slimmingsi!

I've recently been on a back-and-forth myself. I was doing great counting calories in the beginning of November, and I actually saw results! And then the holidays came, along with my wedding, honeymoon, and throwing a NYE party. So, I gained back what I lost. I've also been losing/gaining 20-30 pounds for the past few years.

I agree with you - it's depressing, infuriating, annoying. Last week, I started out great with my new year's resolutions - got into the gym, tried eating better - and wore myself out. So, I started eating a little more to relax my body, and all of a sudden my food plan doesn't look as appealing as the portions I've been eating as of late.

One part of me says - just eat it, it makes you feel better.

The other part says - hello, you just made all this food, you need to get back to your plan.

So, lethargically, I'm going to update my weekly/monthly goals.

I need to get back to counting calories. It just works for me. I can be lazy after I'm done procrastinating, right? lol

What works for you?
  • Hey Slimmings!

My first thoughts for what they're worth.

1. Don't be so hard on yourself, weight is a life long balancing act.
    2. Maybe you will be posting in your 40's - as support is needed in maintenance too, there's a killer maintenance section on these boards.
  • I see that it bugs you. Did you need another POV? Here is mine:

You are successful at losing. Yay!

In my experience, it takes a few stabs at learning to MAINTAIN though. And to get the opportunity to maintain again, requires losing again. But since you know how to do that bit -- you will get there in good time.

Maintaining health is life long. I'm on the same trip -- back again and it's been 18 years for me! But I always come back, and I feel like coming back to myself is worthwhile.

You can do it! Hang in there.

A.
  • I look at it this way...through all the ups and downs, you're still here trying. Most people don't have perfect success the first time around. It takes years of trial and error to find the thing that works for you. Through all of that you never gave up and you're still pushing ahead. I think that makes you even better and stronger.
  • It gets easier as you get older. I am 38....knocking on the 40s thread!

And 250lbs at 6 foot tall! Go boy/girl!
  • Only thing worse would be if you'd given up in your 20s and put on a bunch of additional weight and never saw these boards again. You are where you are and it's okay. No looking back, full steam ahead!
  • Quote: Thats right i've been a member of these boards on and off for coming on on 10 years. now at 31 i can belong on the 20(10's) board.

I'm not annoyed about being over 30, i couldn't care less the thing is its 10 years since i joined here and guess what i've still not nailed this weight thing down. was 322 got down to 226 got back to 329 now back to 254.5. Really hoped i'd never need to post on this board but here i am. I will definately not be fat enough to need posting on the 40's board!

*hugs* I was in my 20's when I started this board too. And I've been all over 278 to 185 back up to 230.

Thing is, even when I get to goal, I'm gonna be coming back here. This place is a great place for inspiration. And there are many many people all on the same journey, including staying the weight they currently are.

Don't leave once you hit goal. Share your story and inspire thousands!
  • I can sympathize. I joined in 2008 and weighed 338. Fully committed and excited about weight loss I went down to 288 and vowed never to go back up to 300 again. I gained the weight back and stopped coming to the site. Then I bounced back and forth between 360 and 330 for the next 3 years.

With my 30th birthday approaching I saw my body not bouncing back as fast as it had when I was in my early 20s. A cruel reality. I've recommitted myself.

It was hard to get over my initial shame when I came crawling back to the site after be unsuccessful in my weight loss. My feelings were all for nothing as the people on this site offered nothing but positivity and support.

My big ah ha moment - realizing I'll always have issues with my weight. I learned the hard way that maintaining is just as hard as losing, and having the support, especially from those who have had the same struggles, is inspiring.

The most important thing to me is to figure out how to live and maintain a healthy lifestyle. The fact that I've figured this out when I'm 30 is a positive thing in my eyes. I'm breaking the cycle in my family by not letting it take me another 30 years. I watched my mother struggle with weight issues her entire life. She started dieting when she was 15 and she is now in her 60s. I watched her struggle on every diet program - weight watchers, deal-a-meal, weight-loss shakes, TOPS, cabbage soup, low-fat, no-fat, sugar busters, somersize, on and on and on. She is always on a diet.

The point is we are all on different time frames in our journey. Celebrate for staying on path. You'll do it and when you do, you can tell me I can do it too when I see you on the maintainers board.
  • Yeah, I've been here forever. I think when I joined I weighed 155 and wanted to lose 20 lbs. Weren't those the days! I've had so many false starts, but no I've finally been successful. Looking at old posts where I'm trying to figure everything out is kinda motivational though. I logged in for the first time in ages and my ticker was at 190. It felt pretty good decreasing that by about 17 lbs!
  • Hmmm...The thing is you have lost the weight before. And a considerable amount at that.

When you look back at those times, what methods/diets were you using? What was the most challenging part of it and what did you do to get over that challenge?

It may be just a retrace of the steps you took that made you successful in the first place.