Old 01-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 245/245/200

Height: 5' 7"

absolutely HATE any kind of shopping--even online. Macy's clothes fit me best, even their jeans, and I like Catherine's.
TappingPeony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:24 PM   #17  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

I love Express for jeans and dresses. I also like New York and Company for dress pants and work shirts. I get a lot of my t-shirts at Target, the Merona brand.
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:40 AM   #18  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
Please don't judge me but....

I have been shopping the Goodwill store for my "in-between" clothes. I never ever EVER shopped Goodwill as it wasn't my style but I was encouraged to at least try.
That's a great idea! I can't afford to keep buying brand new clothes that will only fit for a couple of months. I've been very lucky to get some hand-me-downs from friends too. Luckily I held on to a lot of my clothes from before so I do have some stuff that still fits.

I will say that shopping is A LOT less stressful since I've taken off some weight. I can usually find something that looks nice on me.
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #19  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

Oh and I LOVE going to Century 21 whenever I'm in New York. Best discount department store ever.
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #20  

S/C/G: highest 191/ticker/135

Express, Limited, Macys, NY & Co, Loft, occassionally The Gap, Banana Republic, Target, Old Navy. I have always loved to shop, but I now i love it even more that I can try almost anything in the store on and it will generally look good.

Plato's Closet is another great option besides goodwill. Name brands and great prices. That is my new go-to place for jeans. You can get Joes or 7's for $20 and they look brand new.
jenn33082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:18 PM   #21  
Yogini

S/C/G: 152/ticker/115

Height: 5' 3''

I don't mind shopping, although the last few years it seems the quality of my usual stores is really lacking. Tops barely seem to make it a season anymore without looking all pilled and faded.

I work in a conservative industry, so work dictates most of what I buy. Most of my clothes come from:

Ann Taylor
Banana Republic
J Crew
Calvin Klein (the outlet is great for jeans!)

I try to shop sales or the outlets when I can. Not too hard since they are always, always having sales or sending me coupons for those stores!

Lately when I'm at home, i've been a real tshirt and jeans kinda girl with like a running jacket over it. I have so many exercise clothes since I've been running and doing yoga a lot! I get those all over...Under Armour/Nike outlet, running store, Lulumon store, Sierra Trading Post, Amazon, Target. I just ordered another running jacket from Amazon today...ooops. It's a Brooks jacket I already have in pink but decided I needed one it black too since I love the fit.
Wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:32 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 228/213.8/150

Height: 5'7

I shop at Torrid when I have the money for it. They ususally have really cute clothes that are flattering for plus size. Trendy too!
Skinnygirldreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
Please don't judge me but....

I have been shopping the Goodwill store for my "in-between" clothes. I never ever EVER shopped Goodwill as it wasn't my style but I was encouraged to at least try.

Last week I got 3 shirts and a pair of Old Navy jeans for a total of $10. All put through the washer and dryer and as good as new to me. The racks had Levis, Old Navy, Jones New York, and then other store brands (Kohls, Macys, Walmart, Fashion Bug, Ann Taylor). I was shocked!! But then I realized when I donate all my clothes that I have outgrown, the racks will have all my brandname clothes too!

I am not saying it's a goldmine and that some things on the rack don't belong in the trash but I was pleasantly surprised. (I shopped the half off sale they were having that day so all of my $4.99 clothes were only $2.50 each but they were still worth $4.99 in my opinion.) And I am supporting a good cause. Plus I justified my shopping at Fashion Bug for a couple of things by averaging out the full cost of both stores lol.

When I get thin, all I want to do is go into a normal store without plus size options and leave with a new outfit. That sounds so selfish and vain but I have been so large for so long, I just want to do it once.
IF anyone judges you, it should be for being so smart! Who WOULDN"T shop at goodwill when they are in between sizes?

I do goodwill, but if I"m looking for something specific, I do Old Navy or Maurices for work clothes.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote