3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   Exercise? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/273020-exercise.html)

TopazSpirit 01-09-2013 02:02 PM

Exercise?

Hello, I'm new here and curious to know your exercise routines? Exercise is my main problem. I work full time, take online classes full time and have 3 boys who have sports and other school activities so I never have time to go to a gym. I guess I need some effective exercises that I can do at different times during the day. I never have an hour or two to completely devote to exercise so I'm hoping to find small exercises to work into my schedule somehow.

Rana 01-09-2013 02:26 PM

For me, I decided that going to exercise class (I do pilates and spinning) was the only way to make sure it fit into my schedule.

If I had to figure out when to go to the gym, it would be really easy to find other things to do. In fact, I'm trying to start weight lifting, but because there's no class for it, I haven't gotten around to it. But I haven't missed a Pilates or Spinning class since the new year started!

chubbiegurl 01-09-2013 02:34 PM

When your sons have activities are they sometimes at the park, u could walk or run around the park. When I had two jobs, the first was 7:30 to 5:30 and the second was next door to my appartment just doing their daily paperwork so I would go from 630 to 830 I also had 2 kids so I would hit the gym at 5 am. That may sound difficult but I found it gave me more energy to conquer my day. Now I am a stay at home mom, can't afford the gym and lucky to have the time in the evening to spend an hour so on my bike. My aunt used to use her lunch break to go for a walk

SunnySide99 01-09-2013 02:46 PM

Hi Topaz,

I workout 5 - 7 days per week for 20 mins. - 45 mins. at a time (sometimes 2 short sessions in one day to mix things up) and do not use a gym.

I mainly use Walk Away the Pounds dvds along with other exercise dvd's as well, I ice skake 2 - 3 times per week, use my Pilates machine a couple times per week and I lift weights 2 - 3 times per week.

There are some nice fitness clips on website such as Youtube you might want to browse.

TopazSpirit 01-10-2013 01:53 PM

Thank you for the advice! Right now the only type of exercise I ever do is walking. I'm going to try to get up an hour earlier everyday to try out some different workout videos and see if any work for me!

EagleRiverDee 01-10-2013 03:56 PM

I work out at home. Right now I'm doing the P90X video series. I also have some Jillian Michaels, Insanity, and Supreme 90 Day. They are all great. If time is an issue for you, try Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 or 30 Day Shred. She keeps the time down to about a half hour per workout.

BeachBreeze2010 01-15-2013 01:00 PM

Not that exercise isn't important - IT IS! B-u-t...weight loss is mostly nutrition. I say this because I have seen many (myself included) that have this idea that if I can't exercise, I might as well not bother to stay on plan. It's easy to use "no time" as an excuse not to lose weight. If you don't have an hour to exercise in the morning, you could use 15 minutes to pack a healthy lunch/snacks for work and put something healthy in the crock pot dinner.

With that said, you don't need an uninterrupted hour of time in order to get benefits from exercise. Maybe you can find 1/2 hour 6 or 7 times per week (maybe some days two in the same day and not all on others depending on your schedule). In half an hour, you can try the Couch to 5k program or do some strength training or do a fitness video or take a walk or play a dance video game. OR - look at your schedule and decide that your time to be active isn't the "last priority" or "the thing that needs to be fit in if nothing else is going on." I think we all have this idea that we list all of the things we have to do and if and only if there is a free moment, then maybe we'll use it to exercise. Think about your priorities. Maybe once a week someone else can take the kids to practice or maybe you can change your work schedule to give yourself an hour and a half lunch so you can workout, etc. Make yourself more of a priority. We're worth it and it's good for our families when we are happier, too!