Old 01-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 224/188/147

Default Newly Engaged * Future Bride to be?

Hi all,
i have recently just turned 30 and got Engaged, so leaving the 20's forum behind,

Just wondering if there are any other new Bride to Be's out there and have you got dresses in mind? goals? mini Goals?
I am personally scared out of my wits at the thought of trying on a WHITE dress, so a serious few months of healthy loss and maybe start looking in the summer for my Dress, exciting time ahead
curlysue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 157/157/120

Height: 5'0"

Been married for 4 years, but congratulations!!

Oh how I wish Pinterest had been around 4 years ago.
emurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #3  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on your engagement!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #4  

Thanks a million i am sooooo happy and have a serious motivation to lose it this time

ps i am totally hooked on pinterest..
Old 01-01-2013, 07:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 147 starting, 125 goal

Height: 5'4"

Congrats on your engagement! I've been married for a little over a year but there's always a good excuse to lose weight.
Pinterest has some really great exercise ideas! I like to look for the ones that can be done quickly during other activities. That way, there's no excuse not to do some sort of exercise!
janeyg25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 176/173/155

Height: 5'7

Congrats curlysue! Have fun with all of the preparations! I just got married in September and even though I couldn't wait for planning to be over and done with, I kind of miss out now.

I wanted to wait as long as I could to try on dresses, but one of my bridesmaids talked me onto swinging by a sale with her. I didn't expect to try on much since I wasn't at my goal weight, but since I had been exercising for a while I felt confident. Once I started trying on oi was so glad she had tricked me into going like that!

Interest was a mixed blessing for me. Lots of great ideas, but I didn't have enough time to pull off some of the things I wanted to. Also, I had a lot of people who told me "omg! I saw this *awesome* idea on pinterest! You should *totally* do it!" It was kind of annoying. Especially when it was obvious the ideas were way out of my budget. Lol!
kariatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

I was just puttering around the entire forum seeing what different threads there were and here I found you!

Congrats!!! I got engaged in August 2012 and my date is 29 June 2013! GIDDY UP!!! I'm so excited (I avoid thinking about the planning sometimes lol)

I have a fiance and have fun saying that word. I already got my dress and I havta say it was pretty liberating to walk into a store and be able to try on whatever dress I wanted to as I would fit into them all.

When are you getting married?
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 129/108/108

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Congrats!

I got engaged December 1 and will marry in the spring just prior to my 40th birthday. I picked out the dress already. It took me all of about 1 minute online. It's my first (and only )marriage, but I'm old enough now to where I just don't stress about such things. I found one from Ann Taylor that was clearly who I am and went with it. Now I just need to choose a venue. I'm not planning anything big. I may just go to Vegas and get married at the Bellagio or some such. But despite my laid-back attitude, I am excited.

What are your plans?

Last edited by Petite Powerhouse; 01-02-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Petite Powerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:58 PM   #9  

Hi Ishbel YAY fiances hehe its a pretty exciting time, We are planning to get married April 2014 so i figure i can get the dress i want and look how i would like by then oh i am so happy for you to be able to throw on whatever dress you feel like, ,my aim is to be able to do that by July Fingers crossed .. are you all set for the day?

Congrats to you Kariatari , ye are settling into Newlywed status then
I hear what you are saying about Pinterest but the best thing happened last month we got approved to purchase our new home so now i am going to have feet firmly fixed on the ground.. it is one day after all so no point in going "to Crazy Spending

Thanks Janey G i have taken some serious inspirational pictures from there..

Petite Powerhouse that us the way to do it well done ,, I suppose if you see it and know thats it.. maybe i will be that lucky when i am more proportioned again hehe

also there is a honeymoon to look forward to ... i recon i shall aim to be in a bikini , ah top gotta love new years and the Massive promises make..

this time i am going to try keep them .. * also if i write it i think ill convince myself..

anyways ladies thanks for all the good wishes
Old 01-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #10  
alliesmom00

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I just became engaged on New Years Eve to my bf of 2.5 years. We don't have a date or anything set yet. We need to get our finances in order and get a house to accommodate the two of us and our 3 children between us. It's exciting and stressful because I want it to be quicker than I feel it's going to be. Oh well it gives me plenty of time to lose weight I guess.
alliesmom00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

curlysue82 It will happen! I have less then six months...and try hard not to think about it or I'll stress myself over the planning, sometimes avoidance until I have time is the key for me. I haven't quite figured out how to 'chill' about various items in my life lol. I have most of the big things done, had them done within two weeks due to the date. I let him pick it but (agreed to it due to various reasons) but it's right at high wedding time and grad season so I had to move fast to get the type of venue I wanted.

Petite Powerhouse Congrats! She has very pretty dresses. I thought about running away and having a small wedding but he has 70 people just in his family (where I have 15). So here we stay!

alliesmom00 Congratulations on your new engagement!
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #12  

Ishbel i just noticed your signature you have lost 141lbs? WOW Congratulations and well done on Maintenance ..
i'd say all the planning and organising can get a bit manic alright, will try keep it in toll as things progress..
6 months is going to fly
I recon my hubbie to be would only love to elope or head off somewhere with the 2 of us, I was undecided but ended up swaying in direction of Church and venue.. so let the madness begin

alliesmom00 Massive Congratulations on your engagement
Old 01-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliesmom00 View Post
It's exciting and stressful because I want it to be quicker than I feel it's going to be. Oh well it gives me plenty of time to lose weight I guess.
My Sentiments exactly
Old 01-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #14  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5"3

Congratulations to all the new " brides to be" - may your special day be a happy one. Try not to loose site of the reason for your nuptials With all the stress and planning that goes on - remember - it's about sharing your committment to each other with loved ones to bear witness.

Good luck and enjoy every moment.
Wheresmychin is offline   Reply With Quote