3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   190s Anyone?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/272566-190s-anyone.html)

coffeeshopgirl 01-27-2013 01:55 PM

Determined

Ok, I'm still on the "getting back on track" wagon since I've been riding the unmotivated bus for the past few weeks.

A few stressors have come up: TOM, a cold that I shared with my husband and coworkers, and residual growth and bad eating/sleeping habits from the holidays. All of these contributed to my general crankiness and reluctance to move. I know what I need to do, and now that TOM and the cold are over, I'm feeling more energetic and the bad-food cravings are subsiding.

So as my title states, I'm determined to get back on track for real. I've been very lethargic lately, and I need to kick up my heart rate. So, I'll do some morning workouts next week. I've caught up on sleep, so there's no reason I can't pull myself out of bed at 5am tomorrow.

And, I don't care if I have to post on 3FC every half hour, I will not eat after 8pm next week. This was always my biggest challenge, so I know I'll be whining about it a lot next week. Prepare yourselves folks, lol. Ah well; I'd much rather whine about struggling through a success than not accomplishing anything at all.

I'm sending the husband out for a bit so that I can clean the house from top to bottom (dusting, vacuuming, mopping). It's amazing how easy it is to be unmotivated when the house is in disarray.

Also have my meal-prep menu ready for the week:
-breakfast burritos: 1 whole wheat tortilla wrap, 1 egg, 1-2tbsp black beans, sprinkle of Tapatio picante sauce
-lunches: turkey, swiss, avacado wraps and side salad (spring mix greens and spinach, cherry tomatoes, english cucumber and strawberry vinegarette dressing)
-dinners: chicken and dumpling soup (homemade), turkey meatloaf (with rice and veggies)
- snacks: yogurt, cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs, and tuna spread

Yay! It's so nice to finally have some energy. General goal today is to clean up the house, prep my meals, and NOT EAT after 8pm. Wish me luck!

anewbody2013 01-28-2013 10:06 AM

Coffee seems like you have set up good goals for yourself, go for it!

Today is my weigh in day and I finally OUT of the 190s!! Woooohoooo! Down to 186, have a way to go, but glad to be back on track. Hopefully another good drop next week, because this past week, I was very highly motivated!

Ohhhh and I am doing the Atkins plan. Now off to eat breakfast and then on 4 mile trail. Good luck to everyone. I am going to start posting in the 180s thread, but will still stop by here:)

coffeeshopgirl 01-28-2013 12:50 PM

Good job anewbody!!

I'm not weighing myself until Feb 1st, and even then I'm not expecting much. I got sick and had a really bad TOM, so I'm expecting to extend that goal.

Today, I'm feeling good with my eating choices. I had a homemade breakfast burrito, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese for a snack, and a really good salad and half a turkey wrap at lunch. I've also had a bunch of water!

Overall, so far so good!

Learning 2 Live 01-28-2013 01:55 PM

[WHINE] My next recorded weigh-in is on Friday and I must say I am nowhere near the 8 pound goal I originally set for myself. This month I've had lots of stress about things that greatly affect my life that I can't control. I think the stress and the crazy sleeping patterns made it hard to lose weight. If I'm lucky I'll lose one more pound in 4 days to make January 2013 a 4lb total loss. I'm hoping February will be better, not just for weight loss, but for everything... [/WHINE]

anewbody2013 01-28-2013 02:53 PM

Thank you, I had hung out in the 190s LONG enough! And pray to never see that strange/odd number on my scale ever again :D

Last Monday was 196, dreadful for me.....but I am counting down!

I am pulling for you Learning!

Lacyt74 01-29-2013 10:46 AM

Grrr

So now I guess I am stepping onto the unmotivated bus! I Do NOT want to weigh. I have put it off all weekend. I guess I will so i can start doing it on Mondays. It's ugly and rainy and I want to retreat back into the bed with the dogs and pull the covers over us all! :mad::(:ink::tantrum:

I am in such a bad mood and don't know why.
I'll come back in a bit with my weigh in.....

Oh congrats to you, newbody!

Lacyt74 01-29-2013 11:02 AM

O.....m.....g

Just weighed. I don't even want to put it on here. I don't understand with I could've done for my weight to have risen so. I am about to leave my house and walk for two hours. I have taken a diuretic, and will not eat very much today. It is not TOM time. I am almost back where I started.... Sooo discouraging. I will move to a higher number discussion thread if it stays this way for 3 days. :stress:

anewbody2013 01-29-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacyt74 (Post 4612059)
So now I guess I am stepping onto the unmotivated bus! I Do NOT want to weigh. I have put it off all weekend. I guess I will so i can start doing it on Mondays. It's ugly and rainy and I want to retreat back into the bed with the dogs and pull the covers over us all! :mad::(:ink::tantrum:

I am in such a bad mood and don't know why.
I'll come back in a bit with my weigh in.....

Oh congrats to you, newbody!

Thank you and no matter your results, just stay on course. I have had so many starts and day ones since the first of this year. I finally buckled down last week to tell myself, if I truly want this I will have to fight for it cause no one can do it for me. And I so do want to be by my goal weight before summer...I don't want to have another "fat summer"......

anewbody2013 01-29-2013 02:45 PM

Wooohoooo!! Just buttoned AND zipped these jeans! Good gosh these are size 11 and they wouldn't even button last week let ALONE zip!

Woohoo doing a happy dance!:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::car rot:

gretel 01-30-2013 07:46 AM

I'm really trying to break the habit of weighing myself every day. For a while, it served a purpose, but now I'm obsessing over every ounce. My weigh in day has always been Friday, but now I'm in groups and reporting on Sunday and Monday too. I think I should just weigh in every Sunday from now on.

anewbody2013 01-30-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gretel (Post 4613343)
I'm really trying to break the habit of weighing myself every day. For a while, it served a purpose, but now I'm obsessing over every ounce. My weigh in day has always been Friday, but now I'm in groups and reporting on Sunday and Monday too. I think I should just weigh in every Sunday from now on.

Yes pick a day you are most comfortable with. I was the same way when weighing daily. On SMD they required a daily weigh in for 2 weeks. Then for a time it became habit and started dictating my days. Loss equal keep on track, no loss get depressed and binge....silly silly cycle. Good luck

curlysue82 02-03-2013 05:53 AM

Congrats a new body way to go you :)

how is everyone doing this week? i hit an all time low y'day and decided enough was enough stop feeling sorry for myself and just get on with it and stop EATING chocolate cake it is not my friend lol

anyways replaced with with fruit and veg, i am doing a weeks detox started y'day morning and down 3lbs this morning... i know its only water weight but its the number i needed to see to get me moving today..

right off to do morning kettlebells ...

gretel 02-04-2013 12:01 PM

Curlysue82 - I'm doing pretty good this week. I had 2 days over my calories but my exercise has been phenomenal. I will not overeat this week.
anewbody2013- enjoy the 180s thread! congrats on fitting into your jeans!
Lacyt74 -did you switch threads too? come back to us!

I weighed in on Sunday at 191. I've already dropped 5 pounds after weaning my daughter early in January. As happy as I am to see this number, I'm terrified that this whoosh is about to stop because I haven't been below 190 in about 10-12 years.

Learning 2 Live 02-06-2013 10:50 AM

Wow, I haven't been here in a while... Weighed in at 192.2 this morning and I don't care if it's simply dropped water weight. My TOM should be here on Friday. And who knows what will happen then? On to the comments...

I, too, hope that Lacyt74 hasn't left us. Sometimes you have a bad day or a bad week or 2 weeks or whatever. You don't have to leave a thread once you enter it. It's a lifetime commitment, not a race. I hope she's feeling better.

curlysue82 Congrats on the 3lb loss. BTW I also have a kettlebell class. How do you like yours?

gretel Congrats on the 5lb loss! I weigh myself everyday too. In the beginning I would stress about it, but now I just use it as a tool to "track my body's responses to my previous actions." Don't take it so personally. You're body has it's own way of handling itself. Also, just because you are participating in several threads doesn't mean you can't keep your own weigh in days. Just report when you do weigh in. It's not that serious.

anewbody2013 Congrats on getting out of the 190s!! You dropped quite a bit of weight in one week! And now you're fitting into size 11s! I'm happy for you! :) I'm riding on your coattails and will be heading into the 180s after you! :carrot:

Lacyt74 02-06-2013 12:18 PM

I'm still here

Yeah I am 199 still I guess. I am sooo blah about the whole thing. Whatever. I'm just going to keep doin what I do.:shrug: