3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   **Kid Chat - Week of 4/27** (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/27055-%2A%2Akid-chat-week-4-27%2A%2A.html)

LBH 04-27-2003 07:27 AM

**Kid Chat - Week of 4/27**

Hello all you moms!

So what interesting things are your kids up to this week? We're just trying not to abuse our son anymore! :rolleyes: Yesterday I was trying to cut Peter's nails and he was squirming too much and I got the pad of his finger, instead of the nail...oh, he screamed and cried, and it was bleeding soo much! :( When will the torture end for my poor baby?! I felt soo bad, that's the first time I've gotten him good doing his nails. :cry We put a band aid on it and eventually it stopped...now I have to try and finish cutting his nails today!

Peter's been trying his darndest (sp?!) to sit up these days! In his car seat, on the sofa, in our laps, he doesn't like to sit back, if he's semi-reclining, he wants up! My baby is growing up too fast!! I really think daycare is good for him too. He is starting to "talk" more, instead of just cry. He and his "big-headed friend" Dominick lay on their play gyms and talk to each other. (DH calls him "big-headed Dominick"!! Isn't that horrible?! I mean, the kid does have a big head, God help his mom, I hope she had a C/S!! I tell him he's soo bad, Dominick is Peter's first friend, he should be nice!!) :lol:

They put him in the exersaucer thing there sometimes, with a blanket wedged in front of him to keep him upright. He seems to like it, but I think he's got a month or so before he really has the strength to keep himself propped up. We don't have room for one of those at home, but we definitely want to get one of those doorway jumpers. I'm gonna start doing some research to see which one is safest. I was always wary of them, but I think they've made them much safer nowadays.

I think he's going through a growth spurt the past few days, because his eating habits have been pretty erratic. He's also getting a lot nosier and will take a few sips (whether boob or bottle) and look around, take a few sips, look around...it's very annoying, especially when it's boob, because he lets go, instead of trying to take the boob with him!! Not that that would be a good thing either, but considering the latching problems we have, it doesn't make the situation better.

I'm going to call the MW and ask her for a prescription for Reglan, which is an anti-nausea that has a side-effect of increasing milk supply and helping let-down. I really need to get a better supply up, I'm just making it with BM/formula mix, and I really wanna get rid of the formula. Oatmeal and Fenugreek just aren't cutting it!

I guess Karen will be coming home today or maybe tomorrow. Hope all is well with them!! Karen, if you get a chance to lurk, post us a little update!! :D

Have a great week moms!!

RoadRunner 04-27-2003 05:47 PM

Lauren--Still too chicken to cut Kaylee's nails!! I still just file them down!!! SHe is doing soo much better!!! Loves the yogurt she gets!!! I think she will hate to be done with the AUgmentin!!!:lol:
I bought her a high chair yesterday,,It is hysterical..SHe lookes like a p-nut in a huge basket but she loved to sit and watch us eat last night while playing!!!!She is getting great with her spoon..I think Ms Little Bit is ready for food!!!
My supply is just enough for me!! The oatmeal is helping and I am pumping enough for her 3 daycare bottles mixed with Enfamil Lipil. She eats just BM at home.. This is our schedule now:
6:30 BM then to daycare, 8;30 1 Tbls Rice cereal, 9:00 3 oz Enfamil-2oz EBM(mixed), 12:00 6oz formula mixture, 3:00 6oz Formula mix, 5PM BM, 7:30 BM, sleep, 9PM BM sleep, 11:30pm BM sleep, 1AM BM sleep, 4AM BM sleep until 6am and it starts again..She naps 4 times for about 30 minutes each at daycare....

SHe is soo nosey...I love when she is on the belly(cant keep her on the back anymore) and lifts up like a turtle looking around..I just laugh.
Well..off to get the bottles done for tomorrow...
RR

KarenK 04-28-2003 02:56 PM

Hello All!!

We are home now. Finally. I am so glad to be home from the hospital. I was going stir crazy in there (although it was nice to be taken care of :) ).

First, picture link to follow!! Right now you have to go to Ofoto to see them. DH spent so much time with me at the hospital he hasn't had a chance to post them to the website. We are going to take some in a little bit of him in his coming home outfit in the crib. I will try to post one of those on the thread too.

I must say that I'm not crazy about having had a C-section but seeing all the other women who had regular births and all the things they had to go through, I feel lucky!! I've been on nothing but Tylenol since Saturday so I guess I am doing pretty well. The nurses were amazed that I wanted nothing but Tylenol. The demerol shots right after surgery did nothing and the percocet gave me nightmares.

Baby Alex is georgous. I'm not partial or anything either!! All the nurses said so. Of course, I am sure that is part of their job. He has golden blond hair and he is nursing like a champ. If he wasn't so good at latching I would have had a real problem with nursing. He just pops right on. I am still waiting for my milk to come in.

Uh oh, his highness is calling!! Will check back again later with picture links, etc!!

Have a great day.

LBH 04-28-2003 04:24 PM

KAREN!!! Where's the picture link?!?! How dare you leave us in suspense!! :lol: :lol:

I'm soo happy for you guys!! I'm especially excited that he's nursing like a champ!! :D I wouldn't wish what I've gone through on anybody!!

Glad to hear you only need some Tylenol, that's awesome!

Now hurry up and get back here with that link!!

KarenK 04-28-2003 06:20 PM

OK, been trying for 1 1/2 hours to get back here. AJ is definitely not a happy little boy today. Here's a pic.............

RoadRunner 04-28-2003 06:52 PM

Karen--Way too cute!!!! We all have some cuties!!!!We want a close up next time!!! I am soo glad U R doing great..I found Tylenol the best and I was glad I didnt have to worry about an episiotomy or anything.....

Lauren--How to choose the pic for her 4 month one..IT is hard!!! I guess I will have to keep working and buy them all!!!!

CONGRATS Karen!!!!! HE is a cutie pie!!!!
Vicki

LBH 04-29-2003 07:06 AM

Oh Karen, he is gorgeous!!! :eek: He certainly doesn't look that small. I can't wait to see more pics!! :D

Rabbit 04-29-2003 12:29 PM

What a cutie!

Rabbit

KarenK 04-29-2003 04:40 PM

Good something. Morning, Afternoon? I'm not sure :).

Lets just say it was a LONG night. He was nursing every hour to half hour. My nips are sore just from being used so much!! We couldn't get him to lie down for any length of time. If we held him (or rather, if I held him) he would sleep. If we put him down in about 15 min he was crying and would not be consoled except by nursing. This morning I gave in and gave him an ounce of formula (after nursing!!). He let me put him down and slept for about two hours. It was nice. After that he had a peeing/pooping marathon that kept us busy for awhile. Then we discovered the joy of the bouncy seat. He slept in there for abou three hours. He is now nursing again and I have discovered the joy of one-handed typing!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful day!!

Ellie120 04-29-2003 06:45 PM

Karen - The joys of motherhood :D He is absolutely beautiful!

Ellie

RoadRunner 04-30-2003 07:12 AM

Good MOrning!! Kaylee is sleeping in this morning so I am dressed, have had my oatmeal, lunch packed and just waiting on her to get up!! She has slept better the past 2 nights...4 hours initially and then every 2-3 hrs after that..She just loves to be picked up by mommy during the night and just smiles when I lay her on the BF pillow...She is such a cutie pie!!!!

Karen--SOo glad things are going well..No sleep and the poopie fiesta will never end for a while!!!!:lol: :lol: Send more pics!!!

Lauren--How is Petey today???
Take care all!!!
VIcki

LBH 04-30-2003 07:56 AM

Hi Guys,

I'm waiting to hear from the ped this AM. DH has brochitis, so I had to p/u at daycare last night. They pointed out to me that his bump is soft now, instead of hard. So I called the ped, and they called me back and said to make an appt. to bring him in tomorrow today. So I left a message with them to call me in the AM for an appt. Hoping they call soon, so I don't have to miss too much work.

He's sick too, all stuffed up, poor thing sounds horrible while nursing. :( I put saline drops in his nose, then sucked it with the bulb, but haven't really gotten anything out...just one big green boogy when we first got home. I guess it's in the back or something. He's acting fine for the most part, but he was sooo fussy last night, and since DH couldn't help me, I was a mess.

I had a rotten day at work. First, my mom gave me a loan so we could pay off some things, so I went to the bank at lunch to cash it. I went to her bank (not her branch) so I could cash it, because i don't have the money in my account to cover it. The bank would not cash it because of the amount. They called her branch and they would not give permission to cash it. I was like, it's from her home equity, you guys gave her the loan, why won't you let her use it?! ARGH, long story short, i left and went back to work, after wasting an hour of my time on them. :(

Then, that guy almost walked in on me AGAIN in the "privacy room"!! :mad: I heard him pushing the buttons on the door to unlock it and I yelled, I'm In Here!! He left his text book on the table, and he threw out the note I had in there saying to use the sticky pad and pen to write what time you'll be out!! I was livid!! Anyway, I started bawling, and couldn't get anything more out...3 measly oz.!! :cry: I went upstairs and waited an hour, then used the Exec. bathroom and got 2 more oz.

I guess it's safe to say yesterday was not a good day!!

RR, glad Kaylee's doing better!

Karen, welcome to life with baby!! :lol: You're doing fantastic!! I'm soo glad nursing is working out good for you!! Isn't that bouncy seat the best?! I don't think I could live without it!!

lizzard_h 04-30-2003 03:34 PM

Karen,
What a cutie-patootie!!!!!

The three of you were blessed with beautiful babies. :angel:

Who's next?????

NOT ME!!!!!!!! :lol:

LBH 04-30-2003 04:17 PM

:lol: Liz, you're too funny!! :lol: Thanks for the compliment! Maybe we'll go in the same order again, RR, then me, then Karen?! :eek: I know RR is the next one to try!! My DH & I keep talking about it, but in reality, we wanna wait til Peter's close to a year.

RoadRunner 05-01-2003 07:30 AM

I say-------LIZ!!!!Dh says he would go crazy with another right now and I am chickening out..We have had some sad situations with pregnant women at work and babies with disabilities that I am in that freaking out mode right now..It is a scary thing!!!

Kaylee is talking up a storm,..The daycare workers were laughing cuz she was screaching and fussing at her mobil in her crib..They all went to watch her cuz she was talking soo loud..Hmmm..sounds like her mommy!!!!:lol: :lol:
WEll mom-in-law is here today for 2 weeks...she will be shocked to see Ms Priss!!! We go tomorrow for her 4 month shots!YUCK..

Lauren--let us know how Petey is doing??
Karen--How is sleep deprivation?
Take care!!!
Vicki