Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 11:58 AM   #16  

Good morning I am off work today because I have an appointment for a physical. It has been 3 years since my last and I am overdue. It has been a nice morning, I could really get used to not working .

Hollie - Welcome! If you don't mind me asking, what plan are you following? This is the best place to come for support By the way, I have a AWESOME sugar free cheesecake recipe, if you would like it I can send you a PM.

RR - My DD had a heck of time with ear infections when she was little.....remember those sleepless nights pacing the floor like it was yesterday. Hope she feels better soon.

Karen - How close are you?

LBH - Thanks for the prayers

Tech - Good luck at WW, I will send you skinny vibes

I hope that they don't poke and prod too much I fasted so that I can have my lab work done. My tummy is starting to rumble and I really miss my coffee.

Have a great day!

Ellie
Old 04-22-2003, 12:24 PM   #17  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello all,

RR: Turkey and dressing. Ummm. That sounds so yummy. I only get dressing if I make it myself. Up here they make Stove Top and call it stuffing. I miss my grandmother's homemade dressing. Next time she comes to visit I will have to get her to make me some.

Hollie: Hope you are feeling better.

Lauren: Yeah, I've been thinking that I better be careful with her. I put her on the retractable leash so we have lots of room for her to run back and forth. I don't want her to knock me down now. I've had enough problems. When we first got her she pulled me off the porch flat on my face twice. We've been through training since then but she does need reminders every now and then.

Tech: Brussel Sprouts? I've honestly tried to like them, I just can't!! I think they are so cute. Aren't pit bulls bred for pulling carts too? I know Rotties are. That's why pulling is such a problem with them.

Ellie: Send me that recipee!! I tried a SF chocolate cheesecake one time. It cost me about $15 to make and it was horrendous!! I am due in just over a week. I think I'm going to be late though. Unless something happens.

I keep feeling like I need to stay home like I was off work sick!! It seems so weird to be off but not on vacation or sick!!

Hope everyone is having a super day!!
Old 04-22-2003, 01:17 PM   #18  

Oy, I can't remember everyone's names...so I'll just respond to everyone!

sugar free cheesecake -- I would love to have the recipe. Thanks!

siggy -- I'll gladly take it out if it isn't allowed. But to add a image of your own, just go to your user cp, and down to wear it says signature, it tells you what tags to use.

I'm feeling much better today, but still feeling blah, I know I should go work out, but to be honest, I don't wanna... Oy...

What plan am I using -- well none at the moment. I've just been watching my sugar, calorie and fat intake. That's how I did it before. With WW / Low Fat recipes mixed in between. I had lost 50lbs and kept it off for four years. But then I got married, and basically my weight went to the dogs. Not to blame it on married life, but it did have a part in it!!
Old 04-22-2003, 01:45 PM   #19  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hollie- I'm sure you're allowed, I just didn't know it!! Some boards don't allow siggys, and I've honestly never seen one on this board! Thanks for the tip, I'm gonna have to make myself one now!

Karen- I hate Stove Top, so don't you be grouping all us northerners in that group!! I make Pepperidge Farm (not the cube kind, the other kind) and add apples, sausage, and onions!! YUM!! In fact, my mom made some for Easter (we were with DH's family), so she saved me some.

Tech- I think brussel sprouts are cute too, but I just can't bring myself to eat them! Mom forced them on us when we were little!

Ellie- I'd love that recipe too! Why don't you post it for us all?!
Old 04-22-2003, 02:00 PM   #20  

hello. Just a quick post. I have banished the chocolate in the house. I need things to get back to normal (me for instance).

Ellie - yeah for the interview and good luck!

Hollie - I like your poem. Welcome!

Lauren - I should have explained that, sometimes she drives me crazy~ but this time it was because I want to be thin like her!

Tech - good luck at your weigh in and you can definitely borrow my word!

I'm trying to find a doc for ds. Long story. But he was in a car accident at 16 and broke his back in 2 places, had to wear a brace for 6 months. Anyway, is having back pain and needs to get checked out. But he's at school, so it's not easy to know who to send him to. Or get him back here. Whatever works.

gotta run

Rabbit
Old 04-22-2003, 03:38 PM   #21  

Recipe for Sugar Free Cheesecake from lowcarbfriends.com:

32 ounces cream cheese
1 cup splenda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon juice
4 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
3 tablespoons sour cream

With an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese and splenda at slow to medium speed, scraping sides often. Add all other ingredients except eggs. When completely mixed (with no lumps), add the eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating very slowly. When eggs are incorporated, do not mix any more. Over-mixing the eggs is a contributing cause of cracked cheesecakes.
Pour the mixture into the springform pan. Place the pan on a very large piece of aluminum foil, and fold the foil up around the pan to create a watertight barrier around the cheesecake. Then place the barrier pan in an even larger pan and fill the larger pan halfway with water. This is called a water bath. It is a gentler way to cook the cheesecake.

Place the entire water bath containing the cheesecake in a 300-degree preheated oven. Cook for 1 hour and reduce heat to 200 degrees for 1 more hour. Turn oven off and leave cheesecake in until the oven is completely cool. The cheesecake can even be left overnight at this point. Cracks can also occur when a cheesecake cools too quickly.
It may be beneficial to run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake, separating it from the sides of the pan. If your goal is to serve the cheesecake on a different dish without the bottom of the spring form pan, then the pan can be lined with parchment paper before the batter is poured in. Make sure to grease both sides of the paper. This will make for easy removal of the cheesecake later. It works best if the cheesecake has been refrigerated fully before trying to remove it from the bottom pan.

Here is how I make it. I half the recipe forgetting about the extra yolk. I use a 2 liter corning cassarole dish prayed heavily with pam. I also use a sugar free sryup by DaVanci (Walmart, coffee section) in place of splenda but do add 3 TBS of pourable splenda as well. You can change the flavor of the cheesecake by changing the flavor of the syrup. I have used blueberry, strawberry, DeLuce, etc. I use Vanilla for the basic recipe. The Coconut cheesecake is the best. Here is the recipe for than one.

32 ounces cream cheese
1 cup vanilla DaVinci syrup
2-3 capfuls coconut extract
teaspoon lemon juice
4 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
3 tablespoons sour cream
3 ozs. Unsweetned coconut (just under 1 cup)

With an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, extract and syrup at slow to medium speed, scraping sides often. When completely mixed (with no lumps), add the eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating very slowly. When eggs are incorporated, do not mix any more. With a spatula, gently fold in the coconut until just mixed. Over-mixing the eggs is a contributing cause of cracked cheesecakes. Always treat the batter gently. Pour the mixture into the springform pan. Place the pan on a very large piece of aluminum foil, and fold the foil up around the pan to create a watertight barrier around the cheesecake. Then place the barrier pan in an even larger pan and fill the larger pan halfway with water. This is called a water bath. It is a gentler way to cook the cheesecake. Place the entire water bath containing the cheesecake in a 300-degree preheated oven. Cook for 1 hour and reduce heat to 200 degrees for 1 more hour. Turn oven off and leave cheesecake in until the oven is completely cool.

Some helpful tips:
Make sure all ingredients are room temp
Place cheesecake on lower rack in oven, cover top rack w/foil
Bake half recipe for 45 min at 300, then 45 min at 200
Make it at night and leave it to cool in oven overnight (it will be fine ) then put in the fridge in the morning.

Enjoy!! I also have a coffeecake recipe that is sugar free as well. It does call for some unusal ingredients but is really good. I would guess you can use a lowfat cream cheese to lower the fat content.

Ellie
Old 04-22-2003, 05:09 PM   #22  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

YUM!! that sounds delicious!! I'm thinking I've got to make it...have to find my springform pan first. Coconut sounds good too.
Old 04-22-2003, 07:30 PM   #23  

Ok......fighting back tears My appointment went well except for one issue which I have been avoiding. When I switched from Depo to a low dose pill in December, I knew it was a no no for me but figured that since it was low in estrogen I would be ok. My Doc said that estrogen is a BIG no no, I can't take it because it puts me at a very high risk for a stroke. She made me an appointment for a consult to have my tubes tied. I don't plan on having more children so I don't know why I feel like this. I feel like it the end of something.....does that make sense? Deep breath...I am ok Wish there was another alternative for me that didn't involve hormones. To make matters worse I started spotting again, it has been a whole week and half...a new record. I feel the hormones raging through my body.

OK....Self pity session is over

LBH - I don't use a springform pan. I use a cassarole dish and cut them into squares. The coconut cheesecake with some fresh strawberries or raspberries on top is unbelievably good

Karen -Wow, you are close!

Hollie - I am feeling rather blah myself. I think I am coming down with something.

Rabbit - Sorry to hear about DS, back pain is no joke. Hope they can fix him up.

I guess I should stop wallowing in self pity and make something for dinner

Ellie
Old 04-22-2003, 09:49 PM   #24  

Ellie -- ((HUGS)) I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you feel better real soon!! And thankyou for the wonderful recipe. It looks delicious! I'll probably try it your way over the original recipe *makes a note to pick up davinci syrup*

Rabbit -- Thanks for the welcome.

Well, I didn't go to the gym today. I took a shower hoping that would make me feel better, and it didn't. So I "lagged" on getting ready for work and barely made it in. But hey, I found $10 bucks on the ground in the parking lot!
Old 04-22-2003, 10:28 PM   #25  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

OK,

VERY nervous person here.

I will be having my baby by C-section on Thursday at 7:30 in the morning. I feel a lot like throwing up!!
Old 04-22-2003, 10:45 PM   #26  

Karen -- Oh wow!! Girl you're going to be just fine!! ((HUGS))
Old 04-23-2003, 06:42 AM   #27  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!! ANother sleepless night with those ears!!! Hey..I am logging the walking miles at night!!!!!

Gotta run!!! DH is babysitting and I am off to work!!!!
HELOOO EVEryone!!!
Vicki
Old 04-23-2003, 10:04 AM   #28  
Donna

Hello All,

Well WW was ugly yesterday, I gained 3.2 lbs , I'm upset because I did really well last week and don't think I deserved to gain, definately not that much. I'm hoping it's just that yesterday was one of those everytime I ate 30min later my stomach was growling kind of days. Usually I try not to eat after 3 on WI days but that wasn't the case this time. Hopefully next week will be better. I'm thinking of picking up a scale and just going it alone....

Anyway, supposed to be sunny and cool today but I'll take that over the cloudy and cold of yesterday. K's supposed to clean out his company car so he can take delivery of a new one next week, he is sooooooo excited it's pretty funny. Not much else going on here. Need to plan our vacation a little more, I can't believe it's only 4 weeks away Time sure does fly.

Ellie - Any change is going to affect you, be kind to yourself and take it easy.

Karen - Good luck on Thursday. You'll be fine.

RR - Hope you get to sleep soon.

Hollie - Hope you're feeling better soon. Congrats on the $$, splurge a little.

LBH - I don't like stove top either.

Rabbit - Good luck with finding a Doc.

Well, should get busy. I've got a lot of stuff I should to do today and nothing I want to do .

Have a great day everyone!!!!

-Tech
Old 04-23-2003, 01:11 PM   #29  

hello.

I had a great day yesterday pointwise. Whew. I am over the excess of Easter. Now if only my scales are . .

Ellie - it makes total sense. What you are feeling is probably a very common reaction. Hang in there.

Hollie - yeah on finding the $10.

Karen - Wow! Already. I didn't realize it was time. You'll be just fine.

Tech - maybe it was just a short term gain and won't stick around. It's so frustrating when you don't deserve it. Next week could be great it you hang in there.

Rabbit
Old 04-23-2003, 04:42 PM   #30  

I am using Rabbit's word of the day...."FOCUS". I had an appointment with DD's orthodonist to get the damage report on the cost...OUCH!!!! Over three grand........I guess she is worth it I am still bumming about the tubes thing, I have been looking at other possibilities but not coming up with much. I read up on the IUD and after reading about the side effects and the procedure to insert it I was done with that idea, not for me either. I will come to terms with it I suppose. My spotting turned into another TOM......this is really old. I has only been 10 days since my last one.

Karen - WOW.....this time tomorrow you will be a mommy!! I am so excited for you I know you are nervous but it will be fine. I am glad your BP is back to normal.

Hollie - Hope you are feeling better WTG on finding $$ Maybe I will stumble on three grand in our parking lot, wouldn't that be nice I have about as much chance of that I do of getting my child support

OHHHHHH NNOOOOOO!!! I have to go pick up DD...should have left 5 minutes ago Bye everyone!
Closed Thread