Old 09-04-2012, 09:56 PM   #181  
is a persistent thistle

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/133

Height: 5'6"

Glad you got your new shoes, Alaskanlaughter. It's important to be nice to our feet. Here's to the next 400 miles!

Congratulations on breaking into the 200s, Chubbygirl! You are just attacking it.
Thistleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:02 AM   #182  
Trying to survive.

S/C/G: 345/284/140

Check in time for me!

So Sunday we had a cookout for Labor Day and I cheated on the diet and had stuff I normally can not. I had a chocolate & hazelnut bar, a plum, a necturine, and part of a peach. Didn't like the peach, so Baby, our pet squirrel, took it for me. Had an ACTUAL HAMBURGER with the bun! Figured for SURE I would gain a pound or two...

Today the pool at the Y was open again for the first day today! Did some laps after PowerPoint class and caught Water Arobics again. Then I did some kicking and more breath holding, trying to up my lung capacity. Made it to 35 seconds!

Weighed myself on the scale at the Y when I was about to hit the showers...

296.4!!!! I've gone down another 2 pounds!!!

So it seems that not exercising constantly seems to work for me. (Or, rather, not overdoing it.) I haven't really walked the dogs in a few weeks now (mostly because my black lab / pit mix always tries to cause trouble and pull and drag the others, while the other two struggle to keep up with me, let alone him, plus, they were really getting restless late at night and I'm on a daytime schedule now... But mostly because Axl isn't letting our walks be enjoyable anymore because of his refusal to listen to the word HEEL!)

I figure when I plateau I'll up the activity level again.. But shedding anywhere from 1-3 pounds a week is nice so, I'm going to keep going the way we are! The water arobics teacher's jaw dropped when I told her I was 345 in February and now I'm 296!

Anyway, you ladies have a lovely evening / morning and talk to you all later!
Wolfshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:43 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 198/171/140

Height: 5'3"

Did Body Pump and Cardio Hip Hop today! I think I can up my weights next time on it!
faunaflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #184  
Trying to survive.

Alright, check in time.

Sis and I had a fight, as usual... She's getting stressed out cause her dad-in-law is arriving tomorrow night from El Salvador and her bi-polarism is causing her to take it out on me.

After much venting and frustration at my mom's I went to the Y and got there around 8:45. Only managed to get an hour of swimming in but I sure felt better afterwards.. Which is just, so odd.

Normally when upset I could dive into sweets or food in general to console myself.... Now I swim. Hey, fine with me!!

On another side note: I love flippers now. I need to buy a pair, stat. K-Mart has them on clearance... pretty sure I'll be picking a pair up for myself. I was able to get down to the bottom of the pool with them several times... But my god, the pressure! I didn't think at 10 measly feet the pressure would be so uncomfortable!! Oh well. It wasn't god-awful painful but it did sting a bit to get down that far. Makes me think my head is built out of eggshell instead of bone.... lol

Anyway: ChubbyGirl! Congrats and welcome to 'Twoderland'!!!

I think I may need to invest in a new pair of sneakers like AlaskanLaughter... I don't think mine are supporting me much anymore either.

Welp, check in tomorrow. You ladies have a nice evening/day!
Old 09-06-2012, 12:23 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 175/140/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfshadow View Post
Check in time for me!

So it seems that not exercising constantly seems to work for me. (Or, rather, not overdoing it.) I haven't really walked the dogs in a few weeks now (mostly because my black lab / pit mix always tries to cause trouble and pull and drag the others, while the other two struggle to keep up with me, let alone him, plus, they were really getting restless late at night and I'm on a daytime schedule now... But mostly because Axl isn't letting our walks be enjoyable anymore because of his refusal to listen to the word HEEL!)

I figure when I plateau I'll up the activity level again.. But shedding anywhere from 1-3 pounds a week is nice so, I'm going to keep going the way we are! The water arobics teacher's jaw dropped when I told her I was 345 in February and now I'm 296!

Anyway, you ladies have a lovely evening / morning and talk to you all later!
Wolfshadow, I get the same random bursts of weight loss! The fact that you ate a burger for the first time in a while was probably also a shock to your metabolism so your body burned more than it normally would. Variation is KEY in preventing those annoying plateaus..I've gotten frustrated in the past and learned the hard way :/

Well..today I binged. Promised myself I'd only have watermelon for dinner and had that plus half a box of cereal, two handfuls of craisins AND a yogurt..I've drank like 4 cups of ice water and am forcing myself to stay up late so I can digest and do some ab workout. Tomorrow I'll run for 42 minutes instead of my normal 40. sighhhh
seeingfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:35 PM   #186  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

ive still been running this week...ive been doing 2.1 miles of running and some additional fast walking...my new shoes are good, still kinda breaking them in...i often wonder if, at night, my old running shoes told my new running shoes what they're in for when they all sit in the dark at the end of my bed

scale should be reading the highest it's gonna read for the month because it's the week before TOM....normally that's the highest weight i see, then the lowest comes directly at the end of TOM, then it starts a slow climb again....however i think i must have lost a little weight because what SHOULD be the highest reading is saying 189.4 which is the lowest i've ever seen on the scale...so i wonder if, after TOM, it will drop even lower than that

also weirdly, my feet feel bonier now...is that a word? ...like on the tops of my feet, they used to be smooth and now there are tendons(?) n stuff causing the tops of my feet to feel bumpier? bonier? something like that....did i lose fat on the tops of my feet? i have no idea...
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #187  
Trying to survive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter View Post
also weirdly, my feet feel bonier now...is that a word? ...like on the tops of my feet, they used to be smooth and now there are tendons(?) n stuff causing the tops of my feet to feel bumpier? bonier? something like that....did i lose fat on the tops of my feet? i have no idea...
Yes you did! My feet, you can't see a bone or a tendon at all because there's a ton of fat piled on top of it. Congrats!!! I look forward to when I look in the mirror and notice a bone for the first time instead of a good layer of flubber!
Old 09-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #188  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Height: 5'7"

OOOOOHHH I sooo look forward to seeing bones again. In my feet or anywhere. Maybe then I wouldn't have Flintstone feet. My big old feet look like Barney Rubble's. I'm especially looking forward to collar bones. I know they're in there!
Chubbygirl253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #189  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Height: 5'7"

Oh ya... I lost 2 more lbs! I'm at 297 now! Tell your friends!
Chubbygirl253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:28 PM   #190  
Lifelong Alaskan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbygirl253 View Post
Oh ya... I lost 2 more lbs! I'm at 297 now! Tell your friends!
way to go!!
Old 09-06-2012, 11:29 PM   #191  
Lifelong Alaskan!

Quote:
OOOOOHHH I sooo look forward to seeing bones again. In my feet or anywhere. Maybe then I wouldn't have Flintstone feet. My big old feet look like Barney Rubble's. I'm especially looking forward to collar bones. I know they're in there!
lol one time not too long ago i was undressing at the gym by the mirror...i'm rarely by the mirror, not on purpose, just not...and i saw this big LUMP under my breast on my side and i FREAKING panicked!! i immediately put my hand there and it was totally solid and THEN i realized it was the bottom of my rib cage....i felt so silly
Old 09-06-2012, 11:48 PM   #192  
Lifelong Alaskan!

forgot to post earlier that...directly after my workout...in the locker room, i felt like i could see black spots in my vision...i didn't do anything different in my workout, nor eat anything different, nor have a reaction to meds...so i'm wondering if it's anything i need to worry about...it happened and passed so fast that i almost thought i imagined it...what do you think?
Old 09-07-2012, 03:26 AM   #193  
Trying to survive.

@AlaskanLaughter - I'd google 'black spots in vision after workout' and see what I get, or something similar. If it sounds like something serious could be going on, I'd make a point to check with the doctor.

YAY ChubbyGirl!!! We're practically gonna be weight loss twins here! XD We both started around the same mark and we're gonna be neck-and-neck the whole way through, I can tell!

@seeingfree - Yeah I know... I binged today too and I'm just gonna have to work extra hard to keep any extra pounds from popping on...

Ok, so time for my check in..

So yesterday, I was really irritated because I had made the mistake of going to my sister's house yesterday when she was having a vicious mood swing about a movie she was making for YouTube and someone beat her to it... Turned into a bipolar spat. Didn't get to the YMCA until nearly 9 PM, and only got an hour's worth of swimming in. Helped with some of the aggravation but I wanted more. Swore to myself I would do better today.

I ate WAY too many calories today even though I stayed on Atkins the whole way. For breakfast I had two uncooked hotdogs (they were 'precooked', no worries there) before I left for some work-related workshops and then had a 2-hour wait window for PowerPoint class. Then I went to Denny's and had soda, a ceasar salad and a small bowl of coleslaw. Ok, good deal. On track. After class I was getting hungry again, so I ran to Aldi's and got some mushrooms, some jerkybeef sticks (a grand total of a mere 7 carbs for all of it) and once I was done eating my snacks in the car, I started the trek to the Y to get in some swimming and, hopefully to find the punching bag free and clobber some sand into oblivion... As I had basically told a friend whom has voiced interest in liking me beyond just friends, but when things get into serious areas they clam up and ignore me, and then gets jealous when I start dating someone. Happens every time, so I finally told said friend what they're doing to me is pretty craptacular and I was sick of the back-and-forth, and once they find out what they want (or if I was merely experimental for them, which I think was the case), that they can go away. Frustrated, broken-hearted, and just plain in a lousy mood... Was SO looking forward to that punching bag, my favorite machine in the gym, the back / butt worker, and the pool...

Then my sister called and needed big sis Wolfie to run back to our mom's house and awaken her husband, whom is being a stubborn git, was working as dairy stock supervisor at Wal-Mart and then got hired on for another company willing to pay him 12.50+, but he doesn't wanna quit WallyWorld either, so he's been up for the past 48 hours straight working his rear off for both jobs. Then my sis wanted to cheat on her diet and I decided to come along but did not cheat and stayed low-carb at the local chinese buffet (crab, seafood melody, mongolian BBQ with all OK choices....)

We drive around to Target so she could get something and then Tops for cupcakes.. THEN I finally got to the Y! Got a whole measly 40 minutes in in the pool... Oh god. Never again. Never swim on a full stomach again... I couldn't do hardly anything. My breath capacity was chopped in half... oye. and then we had to go to our local airport, because my BIL's dad is visiting from El Salvador and we had to pick him up.

Tomorrow, I swear, I will be finding this punching bag of lore and legend and pounding the crud out of it. ...and I'll be using my back machine and then swimming... Water Aerobics is tomorrow and I don't wanna miss it.

Anyway, here's hoping to a better day tomorrow. You ladies have a good evening!
Old 09-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 237/193.8/160

Quote:
Thanks mamajules! Its funny what u said about the elliptical being so awkward, I was just like you! For a long time I couldn't get the hang of it because of its awkwardness. It felt like trudging through quicksand while wearing clown shoes make of steel. But I finally got it! And now I do 45 mins on it 5-6 days a week. Yet the first moment I step on it I usually end up going backwards for a few seconds until I get my act together. So keep trying.
Right now I can only do 5 mins on the stair stepper machine so that is currently what I'm trying to master. The first time I did it I thought, Oh what fresh **** is this!!! In less than 5 mins my whole body is screaming for mercy. But I will keep trying until someday, oh someday I can do 10 mins. LOL

So my back is still hurt. I hope this injury gets better fast. This is the 2nd day and its horrible. I still completed 3 hrs of low-impact cardio but everything is harder. You know your body is outta whack when 30 mins on the elliptical is easier than walking half a block even at a snails pace. I can't walk upright. I look like I'm a hundred years old because I'm hunched over and someone with a cane or walker could probably work circles around me. But I'm keeping up with my workouts. Thank God for my yoga teacher who helped me get some wonderful SAFE stretches without hurting myself further. Was able to do the whole practice. Even the warrior poses, using a chair. I only had to skip reverse warrior until my back is healed. Left there feeling sore but good.

Nite everyone!
Thanks for the encouragement. I will try to get back on it and be patient with myself.
Hope your back is feeling better.
MamaJules4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 237/193.8/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter View Post
im finding that i really miss going for a run at the gym when i dont go...like on the weekends when i'm busy and call it "rest days"...so much in fact that i got up this morning and went to the gym even though i hadnt planned on it...i just wanted to...i ran a mile and a half

my shoes need to be replaced desperately though...i'm getting foot pain and mild shinsplit-type pain during/after running...it's on my list to do today or tomorrow, to get a new pair of shoes...you can see where the cushioning has completely worn down and the insides are all torn up
Have you always been a runner? Meaning, first day, did you hop on the treadmill and run a mile?

I HATE running. HATE it. But I want to run. On my lunch hour, I have 35 minutes at the gym and on cardio days, I do the treadmill for 35 minutes. I started doing 4 minute interval walking, running the last minute of a 5 minute set. Then a few weeks later, I did 3.5 minute interval walking, running the last 1.5 minute of the 5 minute set. This week, I pushed myself to 3 minute walk, 2 minute run. I am surprised with myself with even being able to run for an entire minute. I have no idea how long it will take me to be able to run the entire 35 minutes but I hope that day does come.
MamaJules4 is offline   Reply With Quote