Old 08-21-2012, 05:26 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 264.5/177/165

Height: 5"5

Ah guys what a great week went to my group, yup its local & i go with my boyfriend. He didnt even follow the plan properly and lost 2.5lbs this week. Im really proud of him... I lost 8lbs! I'm over the moon. It was actually really daunting but actually exciting to get on the scales. I feel like I'm getting closer to my goal. Woohoo onederland here I come!

Last edited by SoulSurvivor; 08-21-2012 at 05:30 PM.
SoulSurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:54 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

Soul- Way to go!
teacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:29 PM   #153  

hi everyone!
We had the windows and blinds cleaned today. The husband has wanted the windows cleaned for a long time. If you ask me it's too much money. I planned a long home workout but got uncomfortable working out with a stranger in the house. I'm off to get a quick swim at my parents house when I pick up my furkids.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:39 AM   #154  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Soul - You are going to hit ONEderland in no time!!!! Great job!!!

Teacher - Sucks that you had strangers in the house for the windows, but good it got done to make your DH happy I don't think I could workout with strangers in the house either... I tend to hover cause it's MY house,

Jen - How did the appointment with the lender go?

Work, home, schoolwork, supper, Insanity. Same ol' same ol Burned 544 calories in 43 mins today with Insanity though... a new high burn for me. Going to be able to get near 5 hrs of sleep tonight though, that's as good as sleeping in to me, so very happy. Off to get a start on that now Night all!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #155  

star- that's a hardcore workout!

It's been good day. Just ran a few errands and did an elip workout. Waiting for my DH to get home so I can throw the shrimp on the grill. Everyone have a great night!
Old 08-23-2012, 11:12 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

the meeting with the lender went alot better than expected, turns out a prayer that I thought hadn't been answered was still in the works, it was my credit score. We did a little clean up to get it where the USDA likes it, and it barely made it, we were shooting for higher, but then the lender told me it just shot up!

I went to the house and looked around some more, but I'm still a little unsure how I am going to work the plan. I know I want to use the breakfast room for a playroom--I am tired of seeing toys everywhere and this room is visible from the kitchen and deck. there is a beautiful room with a fireplace, but I don't want to use that for the living room, and then there is a space next to the playroom that I want to use for the living room, but don't know how I am going to work that because it has an oversized entrance to the breakfast room and it opens to the kitchen. I wish the kitchen was a bit bigger and that the oven was bigger, but it is built into a brick wall.

I want to get some more furniture for the fire place room, but not necessarily new, then there is the problem of mowing 5 acres. We haven't really figured that one out. The neighbor who has a great setup for cutting, said he would charge $100 for a mow. We could do that until I get us a lawn tractor, which might be this winter, because I heard they go on sale? Eventually, I am going to cover some of that land with ruminating critters--mostly milk goats and maybe a horse or two--but for now it all needs a mow. We will be so blessed to have our own well, and 1/2 a pond. The deck is also amazing, I have been asking for a deck since we moved, and this one is GIANT. I know eventually I am going to screen some of it in, and that will increase the value of the area. I really want a sunroom type set up eventually.

The most striking thing about this, is that this is an area I drove by every day because I took my son to daycare when he was little down this same road, and I passed this house every day!
of course, I keep thinking of ways to turn it into my dream house, but right now I am so thankful to find a place that is affordable and has such country charm.

I stood on the huge deck and prayed again. God knows what I need and what I can afford. I know if He means me to get this house, we will get this house. I can't wait to have all the space.

teacher, I am pretty sure but not 100% that it is the gymenne sylvestre, because it is the newest addition to my regimen. I can't discount the protein shakes though. I think i saw the biggest turnaround when I started to take the gymenne. it is also widely used to treat diabetes and prediabetes in other countries. So far I have gone down 4 lbs, I am pretty sure it is because I am not craving chocolate and icecream anymore.

soul, way to go, and a support group is a huge asset in weight loss.

myturn, way to go, that is a crazy workout. I slept alot today and should be inspired by you to get a workout in.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:02 AM   #157  
south beach dieter

S/C/G: 302/ticker/153

Height: 5'67"

i made up my mind i will weigh myself every 6 days cause the 6th day is my day of(entire day of if we do not take in count the day i get off the night shift)
it is strange thow now i am now at 267 so i bet tomorrow morning i will be again 266 but i will return to 270 by the time i finish the night shift.

i know i spoke to to about this more then desired but i still struggle with the 266 wall i hit and cant brake.

have a nice day and a nice weekend!!!
irinaelenav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:28 AM   #158  

irina, I understand how you feel about 266, I feel the same way about 181, but you will be able to get through that wall, and keep going if you just stick with it.

I think something somebody told me a while ago if you are wanting to make a goal, then you need to change MORE than one thing in your life. I didn't quite get that, but now that I am working as a nurse, and we are looking at a new home, and I have changed my appearance by cutting my hair shorter than I ever have, I feel different, changed, and when I look in the mirror I don't see me as I have always seen myself.

I am really grateful to God for helping me find something to stop the insane junk food binges, and I feel like I am slimming down rapidly, I was reading an article about insulin problems and weight gain, and one of the worst things to do was what I was doing. Eating too frequently. You should eat at least 3 hours in between meals if you have the problems that I do. On top of that, I was eating oatmeal bars (carbs) I was scared of getting the shakes, but incedently eating more frequently only made that worse. then the article talked about fat literally clogging the system when you have insulin resistance and eat too frequently, I imagine that is why I don't see a huge weight loss when I start to really lose, it's all inches, because my system is clogged with fat. I am envisioning the fat stores between my organs in my abdomen shrinking in between meals, and I feel like I see a difference all ready. someone asked me if I was losing weight too.

Although, I do have to admit, I feel like I am detoxing. I feel pretty crummy. My face is breaking out, and I have a bad taste in my mouth alot. Just over all tired, but some days I feel a little bit more energy come through. I imagine I am going to feel this way while my system cleans up. I feel like I might be able to do some IF again as well, since this is also a tried and true remedy for insulin resistance and visceral fat problems. As long as my sweet cravings stay under control.

I am thinking about trying to isolate which of the supplements is giving me the freedom from sweets. I take chromium, gymenne, and fenugreek right now, I have been taking them at night, but I went to bed so early and now I got to take my t3 and t4. So I am just going to combo them again before I have my protein shake. There is one more I am thinking about adding because the article said this herb was particularly useful for stress induced glucogenesis. which just means when the body is stressed, you have elevated blood sugar and cortisol, so when you do eat, carbs or not it is stored as fat.

here is the article, and I absolutley love the way it is written, very informative, http://www.wellnessresources.com/tip...ication_fails/

the other herb I am thinking of incorporating is the inula.

I read and re-read the article to try to find out as much info as possible. I hope it helps
Old 08-24-2012, 07:46 AM   #159  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Teacher - Good job getting in the elliptical You aren't kidding that Insanity is hardcore. I had not ever had a workout that was so intense in such a short time before, but I like it

Irina - you will get by the barrier, just have to stick with it and tweak around to see what might be off if you think something is

Jen - Sounds like you have your hands full. With work, diet, potential new home, plus still continuing your home duties.. you are really thriving right now So happy for you and hope everything pulls together smoothly

Yesterday was work 13hrs, supper at computer for schoolwork, Insanity workout, and a phone call with mom. Up early to get the rest of the make-up hours in at work today. Have a healthy day all!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:20 PM   #160  

Hi everyone!

jen- that house sounds like a dream place for my husband being in the country. I think someday we'll end up with a country house even though I prefer the city.

It's been a rainy day so no walk for the dogs. Subbed in the afternoon. Everyone have a great night
Old 08-25-2012, 03:51 AM   #161  
south beach dieter

it seems, I SAY it seems i am 265 but we shall see in 2 days when the official weigh-in day is.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:26 PM   #162  

Well, so far so good. I am still not craving sweets! I only lost 5 lbs but I wasn't really keeping track, but my backside and my stomach are definitely shrinking. I have no doubt at this point I am losing lots of fat.

I am taking supplements that are helping my liver deal with all of the extra fat too. I am so glad, I found that website. It really opened my eyes to what was going on physiologically and why I wasn't losing weight.

I have been trying to stretch the times in between meals again. The last time I lost weight, I was going 6 hours in between meals which was recommended by Dr. Bragg. I was also on mostly a liquid diet. I went 4 hours recently, and I got a little light headed but not shaky, but instead of my sugar being 116 it was like 89 in between meals, and when I tested my blood sugar yesterday morning it was 87 and that was awesome! I am trying to get my fasting down to below 90. I am trying to educate my teenager, but he is hard headed, he finally let me test his blood sugar yesterday and his fasting was 99. I told him that is considered high, but not alarming.

for healthy people eating between meals is not detrimental but for someone with impaired glucose metabolism--it is BAD. The article said it causes fat to back up into your system and causes your liver to have to battle excess fat which in turn keeps it from being able to give you glucagon between meals--which is supposed to be your snack in between meals, but since your liver can't give it, you become hypoglycemic and shaky and then you get another snack, and make it worse. This makes it a no brainer why intermittent fasting works so well for people like me.

That is the BEST explanation to why I have been getting shaky when my blood sugar is in the 100s. I used to get shaky when it was in the 90s. I'm supposed to get an A1c done, but I wasn't going to wait until I was completely broken down and diabetic before I changed. So my results might be a little skewed. I am going to do my best to fast for it Sunday night so I can get it done Monday morning.

I think it might be 5. or 6., but I don't expect it to be higher.

Irina, awesome job!

teacher, we live out in the country right now, and there is no place I would rather be, this place has lots of trees in our backyard and I will miss that. The new place will have lots of trees by the pond, but not right in our backyard, well there is one over our deck, the branches actually hang out onto the deck, but there are also pine trees looming into the sky close by, I think that is a beautiful sight.

hope you all have a blessed day.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:28 PM   #163  

Happy Saturday

It's been raining off and on today but I got the dogs walked this morning. I also did a little cleaning, elip workout, and watched a movie. Now just waiting for my DH to come home. Everyone have a great night.
Old 08-26-2012, 02:55 AM   #164  

S/C/G: 264.5/177/165

Height: 5"5

Hey everyone

Great to hear about everyone's weeks! Mines been a bit manic since Tuesday. I'd paid to go away for a few days with my Church but I ended up getting an interview for a job where I already work. So I had to cancel my plans . The interview went OK, I really hope I get the job *sigh* I've got to wait a whole week to find out!

My TOM has come so I'm hoping it won't affect my loss this week, tbh considering last weeks loss I wouldn't even mind if I lost .5lbs this week. Just as long as its not a gain. I'm going to try my best to make sure I get a loss, I really want to hit onederland in the next 2 weeks! I'm so fed up of seeing 2's on my scale lol
SoulSurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:47 AM   #165  
south beach dieter

let's say i hit MY onderland: i got 119.4 kg (263) yay i am amaized that after the night shift i didnt put on but loose something. ty for the suppodt all.

Last edited by irinaelenav; 08-26-2012 at 12:29 PM.