Old 07-26-2012, 11:55 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

irina- way to go

star- Insanity, very impressed. I heard that's a hard core workout!

dogdays- how are you feeling? thinking of you!

jen & lai- how are the jobs ladies?

packgirl- hi

did I miss anyone???

Today the deck guy finally came out. He's power washing the deck & hopefully will stain it later today or tomorrow morning. Off for a swim Everyone have a great day!
teacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:37 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

Growl...I just lost my big post. Sigh...guess I'll do the summary version this time.

Checking in to say hi! Sorry I've been quiet - I returned to work in the middle of last week and I've been swamped, despite working from home while I was out. I'm so thrilled to hear everyone's updates...new lows, new jobs, new roofs, new hot momma avatar pic. Loving it all!

My knee recovery is going extremely well. My limping stopped last week (10 days post op) and I started taking walks this week. I can make it almost one mile before my knee complains too loudly. I'm hoping to grow the distance a little next week. I have clearance from my surgeon to use my elliptical but my range of motion is still limited to a 90 degree bend (typically the last thing to return after a knee surgery) so it's not quite in the cards for me yet, but hopefully soon. It feels good just to walk normal again. Just being able to drive and enjoy my new car has been a novelty! The things we take for granted, eh? ItsMy - how is Amber's recovery going? Please tell her I've been thinking about her...my surgery was nothing compared to hers. I hope it's giving her new and improved opportunities.

As for the scale - I'm still fighting the surgical water retention but I'm finally down to 119.6 this morning, so about a pound up from my pre surgery weight. DH and I have date night tomorrow night and we're going to our favorite Italian restaurant...carb load...so I'm sure I'll be seeing another uptick Sunday morning related to that, but a night out on the town with DH is sooooo worth it!
dogdaysofdiets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:51 AM   #93  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Teacher - Hooray for having the deck guy finally making progress! Insanity, according to those I know who have done/are doing it, is one of the hardest workouts on the market. This of course has intrigued me and now I wanna do it!!! I am such a masochist sometimes!

Dogdays - I am so glad you are moving around and recovering so well now!!! I will be sure to tell Amber, it will give her a boost to know someone is thinking of her. She has been in tears a lot lately. School is soon to be starting and her "friends" are pressuring her to attend - which she can't and will be doing online to not fall behind. Due to this, she is realizing that this is holding her back a bit socially - during summer break wasn't a big deal cause she didn't need to do anything and didn't miss anything. She is walking mostly without her cane unless it's longer distances now..she has done amazing..but hard for a 16 yr old to focus on the good when they get frustrated and depressed. Just trying to help her keep her chin up now. She doesn't have pain in it like before though - she is OFF all the narcotics!!!! I am happy for her to have her new knee

Jen - Long time, no hear. You ok girl? Must be busy Stop by and say hey sometime
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #94  
south beach dieter

S/C/G: 302/ticker/153

Height: 5'67"

hello everyone! today it was a looooooooong day looooooooooooong work day 13 hours work day and tomorrow i will do it again! new job lol.it went well i suppose , new ppl new place to get used to new colegues new old ppl to learn about omg , i am going drazy just thinking(i work at a retirement home).
i hope i survive tomorrow.

if u dont here from me till this time tomorrow it meant i will be dead asleep.

wishing u all to a good day
irinaelenav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:09 PM   #95  

dogdays- that's great that you're back to work and getting around only going to get better

irina- wow that is a long shift... good luck with your second day tomorrow. get some rest

star, jen, lai, packgirl- have a good weekend

The deck started to get stained today but they didn't finish. It looks very orange and so they're going to have to get a different color. Fun times. Off to watch some tv with the DH. Any fun weekend plans?
Old 07-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #96  
south beach dieter

lol ty teacher but i will have a 3rd long shift tomorrow i dont know if i am going to do tit to finish the whole day omg
Old 07-29-2012, 02:50 AM   #97  
~Star~

Irina - I have no doubt you can handle the work schedule Own it

Dogdays - Any "not-orange" progress on the deck today?

Last night my DH met me in my work parking lot with 2 dozen roses, we came home and he prepped a private supper for us (of course I had to go running first, )... after we ate, I showered and changed, then we did dessert, danced to some old school music, then watched a movie. He prepped a bath for me after that... our night didn't end until after midnight! It is our 12th anniversary today, but he wanted to celebrate last night so I would be gone at work so he could prepare all of this without me knowing. So sweet Today DH and I went and played tennis. In 100 degree heat, it definitely burned some calories!

Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend!
Old 07-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #98  

star- the orange is gone and it's more of a light brownish/grey.. we wanted a dark brown. oh well, we plan to build a bigger deck in the next couple of years. We're just ready to be done with the workers here. Your husband is so romantic!!! Happy anniversary! Glad you had such a special day!

irina- are you liking the new job?

Lazy Sunday here. Getting some things done around the house. i need to start figuring out what I'm wearing on my trip. I tend to over pack. Everyone have a great Sunday!
Old 07-29-2012, 12:35 PM   #99  
~Star~

Teacher - Doesn't sound too bad...better than the orange Yea... DH pulled it out..although this is going to sound horrible, but it was the first good anniversary we have had in years... like since the 3rd. I told him he did manage to nail it good this year though, I was totally surprised and had a perma-smile on my face all night

No idea what is in store today for workout - would love to run, but not sure the temp out. Have a great rest of the weekend all!
Old 07-29-2012, 01:31 PM   #100  
south beach dieter

i just arrived home after my 3rd day long shift. i am in pieces but i survived , i like it kinda(it is the beggining so .....) but i hope it will go well in august.

hoping u all chick are safe and sound i wissh u good morning good evening got in my case good night cause me going to shower and slleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:08 PM   #101  

Irina- great news on the job

star- I'm so amazed how you run in such hot weather. I'm dying here with the 100 degree weather I can't wait for the low 80's in Cali!

I'm sitting here trying to get motivated to pack. I can never figure out what to bring on trips. I hope everyone is having a great day
Old 07-30-2012, 03:54 PM   #102  
south beach dieter

and loook....................another long shift. i get it i am the new girl on the block but i am not a machine to work 4 days of 11 hours each and 3 more normal days with 1 day of pause.what say u chicks???

as for the weight in am now a 268 lol with this work days my eating is haotic: morning yogurt, luch haotic(i have been eating potatoes and my diet says no to them but i have to eat something) dinner lol soo tired that even the best cooked fish seems tasteless . this week is terribile(except for the fast i got a job) exhausting. and next week my dad come to visit and look i will see him like 3 full day out of his 17 days of visit. it makes me cry really i am sad cause he come once a year and stays with us.

for god's sake i am glad i got a job but they dont have the right to make a slave out of me and working with edlerly ppl aint that easy u know.

excuse my long post but i really needed to say what was on my hear.

ty for listening.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:43 PM   #103  
~Star~

Teacher - Always better to prepare for anything when packing. That's why I always over pack, LOL!

Irina - That's how people get burnout. I am so sorry they have slung you right into this so hard.

My youngest DD and I just completed the Insanity Fit test (I took day off today for my other DD's therapy). We both ended up on the floor to breathe a bit, but pushed as hard as we were able to. Hoping we recover enough today to do the first "real" workout tonight. DH said it sounded like we were going to come through the ceiling... I told him to move if he didn't like it to another room no sympathy from me and DD since WE are the ones DOING something
Old 08-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

Teacher- hope you have a fabulous trip out to California! Enjoy!

Irina- your new job sounds exhausting. I hope it settles down for you soon. Enjoy your visit with your dad!

Itsmy- too funny about the fit test. Hope the first workout goes well for you! Loved your anniversary story. How sweet of your DH. Our anniversary is this coming Sunday but we don't have any plans. I'm not as sentimental as my DH is so admittedly I don't put much thought into it. And DH doesn't think to plan things ahead of time, LOL, so our day will probably go like this...DH "what do you feel like doing?" Me "I don't care, what do you feel like doing?"...we'll shrug our shoulders and settle on going out to dinner. We're so boring!

Not much new with me. Still holding my pound of water weight. Annoying but I haven't eaten enough for it to be real. My walks have gotten a little longer this week so I'm happy with my progress. We leave for Disney in a couple weeks so I ordered my wheelchair through my insurance company. I'm not planning to use it the whole time, just when I need it. I know realistically there's no way I can make a whole week walking 10 miles a day.
dogdaysofdiets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 256/See ticker/Healthier!

Teacher -- enjoy your trip!

Irina -- things will settle down and you'll soon find your groove!

Itsmy -- what a sweet hubs! happy anniversary! Grats on your fit test! I'm too scared to even try. XD

Dogdays -- so glad you're feeling better and making progress. Kudos to you being realistic and not wanting to push yourself too much, but instead just enough!

We were to leave for the beach this am but hubs' client had to postpone. So we're leaving either tonight or in the morning. I'm ready for a little vacation. Things are winding down before school starts back.
packgirl is offline   Reply With Quote