Old 07-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #31  
south beach dieter

S/C/G: 302/ticker/153

Height: 5'67"

i spent my day in the pool today done a lot of swimming ahot day i am red like a lobstar we shall see how i will sleep.
i hope u all had/have/will have a good day!!!(lol wheigh still goin up 100 grams but still going up)
irinaelenav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

irina- swimming is great exercise... hopefully the sunburn will calm down

star- you're getting lots done... are you enjoying your classes?

dogdays- prayers your way for a safe and fast surgery today

jen- how are things going? still enjoying the new job?

Happy to be back home... got in a elip & walk on treadmill and then off for a swim. Got to get back to chores around the house.
teacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:36 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

Hi ladies - checking in quick. Surgery went extremely well. I appreciate all the prayers and well wishes. My surgeon didn't find any surprises in the bad direction...only that my knee, once he got in there, was not quite as bad as we'd feared. He made the repairs and left me feeling a wee bit hopeful that my recovery will be easier and perhaps faster than I was initially thinking. Fingers crossed, obviously time will tell. Not too much pain, but I expect it to arrive tonight and tomorrow once all the anesthesia wears off.

Irina - one quick thing that popped into my head when I read about your sunburn. The scale will probably increase for you because in my experience my body tends to hold a lot of water weight in reaction to a sunburn. So don't panic if that happens. Give it some time and it will calm down.

ItsMy - a quick follow up about the iceless compression machine...since I've been using it all afternoon. It's called a 'VascuTherm'. It has a water reservoir that cools the water between 45-50 degrees (depending on the surgeon's prescription) and circulates the water through a cuff that you velcro around your knee (commonly used for shoulder surgery too). It also has compression (that part will start tomorrow) that inflates the cuff gently intermittently. It ices for 1.5 hours, rests for 15 mins, then begins another 1.5 hours of icing. I have to say, it's pretty neat. As much as I loathe being tethered to the machine, it's not like I'm leaving the couch today, LOL!

Teacher - Glad you're back home after a busy week! Thanks again for your support and prayers. Good luck with your chores...I hate chores.

Time for some more snoozing...hope everyone is well.
dogdaysofdiets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #34  

dogdays- yeah, that the surgery went well. Rest up
Old 07-10-2012, 03:35 AM   #35  
south beach dieter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdaysofdiets View Post

Irina - one quick thing that popped into my head when I read about your sunburn. The scale will probably increase for you because in my experience my body tends to hold a lot of water weight in reaction to a sunburn. So don't panic if that happens. Give it some time and it will calm down.
interesting i didnt know that
and today i got gr8 news i am down to 277.34(yesterday was 279.10) yay finaly sone light in my path

ty all for the support, without u i woud have gone CU-CU
Old 07-10-2012, 06:22 PM   #36  

Hi everyone

Got in a home workout today. Had lunch with a friend. Now doing laundry and waiting for my DH to come home. I hope everyone had a great day.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:37 PM   #37  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Irina - dogdays is dead on about the sunburn. The body holds the water for not just healing, but as a defense to cooling. Glad you escaped the cu cu stage,

Teacher - Glad you made it home safe and great job getting in the workouts!! Good luck on house chores. As far as my classes: well, "enjoy" might be a bit strong, but I am making it through them so far Not easy squeezing in 20 hrs/wk in a week that I didn't think HAD 20 more hours in it,

Dogdays - I am so very glad the surgery went well with no bad surprises!!!! Such great news! That machine sounds pretty awesome! It would beat the ice until the ice melts, put in freezer, let freeze, ice until the ice melts rotation we are doing here,

I took a FMLA day from work today because DD's therapist was needing a legal parent here to try the transition from walker to cane. Not only was that a success, but that strong girl made her first trip up and down our MANY stairs today!!!! :O This is where I get my strength from - my kids... they don't let ANYTHING hold them back from succeeding!!! I'm a proud momma On the weight loss end: I did get in some swimming, then tanned in the pool while doing a reading assignment for school, then I did Tae Bo Power with weighted gloves tonight Food was dead on (always easier when I am home). I didn't go running because it was 114 out. I know I should adapt, but dang, anything over 102 is too hot for me to run.
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:05 AM   #38  
south beach dieter

ItsMyTurn - yes the cu-cu stage is over scale going down(little bt little) sun burn just itching a little all goes well (except i got nojob lol)

may u all have a nice day!!
Old 07-11-2012, 10:07 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 256/See ticker/Healthier!

So a few weeks ago, I set a real goal to lose weight. I want to see Onderland. For the last six months, losing weight was a not real side goal of my being healthier and fit. I thought to myself, the weight would indeed come off if I'm exercising and eating right. And it has...very slowly. And I'm very okay with that. But, a few weeks ago, I decided that I do indeed want to weigh less than 200 pounds. So, here I am! Approaching Onderland!
packgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #40  

star- wonderful news on Amber walking up and down stairs

packgirl- great news
Old 07-11-2012, 01:37 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

Packgirl - welcome! Congratulations on the fabulous progress you've made thus far. I hope ONEderland comes soon for you!

Star - thanks for the update on Amber. I'm so thrilled to hear about her huge progress! Tell her she's my knee inspiration.

Irina - congrats on the scale moving downward for you! So great!

Teacher - hope your lunch was good yesterday. I'm soooo behind on social gatherings with my girlfriends. My goal was to catch up this summer but my knee is slowing that down.

Lai & Jen - hope all is well with your new jobs. Check in when you get a chance.

Not much new to report from me. I braved the scale this morning (as a joke) and just as I knew would happen, I'm up 3 pounds from the surgery...water weight plus the IV fluid plus the gallon or so of fluid they pumped into my knee during surgery (I can literally feel it sloshing around in there - gross!). Oh well. Definitely in more pain today but just taking it easy. I've been particularly hungry this week - not sure if it's a result of my body trying to heal or me just being held captive on the couch and bored. I'm still logging my food, but trying to eat on cue. No intermittent fasting this week - can't take the pain meds on an empty stomach.
dogdaysofdiets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:10 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 256/See ticker/Healthier!

Thanks everyone.

Dogday, I hope you're feeling all better soon. Here's to the pain going away soon.
packgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:41 PM   #43  

Hi everyone!

Went for a swim today and it was so refreshing. Got my car back from the shop and it's working now with no issues (knock on wood). Fingers crossed it keeps behaving.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:55 AM   #44  
south beach dieter

Just wanted to say hello from the mediterranean sea
Old 07-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

hello irina and glad the scale went back down from the sunburn.

dogdays, you don't know how glad I am that you are recovering so nicely. that machine sounds really neat.

teacher, hope you are doing well, and I bet you are getting alot of swimming done--which is great exercise.

packgirl, welcome and yay on your efforts so far.

star, I hope things continue to look better for Amber, she is really amazing, and she has a great role model, I think it is the other way around. the kids are great, because mom and dad are great.

Lai, hope the job is going well, but also hope that you have been reaching for the better job as well.

afm: job is going great, shift is taking a little getting used to. I really do love the job, and the people. The patients are very trying, but they can't help themselves.

as for weight loss, I am really trying to watch my calories, my milk supply has really been suffering with the schedule, and so today is a power-nurse day. I am only trying to do things that increase supply today, the teas and oatmeal.

of course, I was really good, and really busy but the scale went up from yesterday.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote