Old 07-07-2012, 05:19 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

Jen - Maintenance calories are better than being over. Hang in there and hold strong. I hope you can find a reasonable eating plan that fits in with your new routine.

Teacher - Hope your week is going well. I bet you're spending a lot of time in the pool with this heat wave!

Irina - sorry to hear you're still feeling the effects of the pizza on the scale. It will come down, just stick to plan. Waiting is the hardest part.

Tar118 - welcome, glad to have you! Sorry you didn't make your initial summer ONEderland goal, but glad you're keeping your focus and setting realistic expectations. Our bodies are hard to control and even harder to predict at times!

Diva - welcome and thanks for joining us! I'm sorry to hear about your family challenges. Good for you for turning the focus onto yourself now! Good luck on your journey!

Lai - I hope you survive the heat. Like most of the country, we're getting slammed with it too, although not quite as hot as you guys in the Midwest. Sounds like your new job is running you ragged! I hope it settles down for you soon. Congratulations on your new low and for fitting into your small shorts! What a fabulous NSV! Weighing less than my DH was a huge mental thing for me too - it felt really good when it finally happened. At the rate you're rocking this weight loss, you'll be there before you know it!

ItsMy - just a shout out to say hello! I hope your week back to work is going well and I hope Amber's recovery is going smoothly.

Update on me - I am sooooo ready for my knee surgery on Monday. Something happened in my knee on Thursday and the pain and instability has worsened (didn't think THAT was possible). Walking has gone from challenging to unbearable. We're supposed to go blueberry picking today, and I'm still determined to go, but I think I'll be using my crutches a lot more than I'd prefer to. Monday can't come soon enough. I'm the first OR case at the hospital that day, so I should be in and out pretty quickly. Water weight is finally off from last weekend's picnic pig out! Weight is holding steady at previous low of 118.8. I normally would see a whoosh next week after TOM leaves, but with the surgery, I think the scale will go up - body will be holding LOTS of water to help repair the train wreck that is my knee.

Happy weekend everybody!!
dogdaysofdiets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:28 AM   #17  
south beach dieter

S/C/G: 302/ticker/153

Height: 5'67"

dogdaysofdiets - it took 6 days to plan sticking lol but now i am down 2 pounds ( if we consider the 1 pound the pizza gave me as a present)
irinaelenav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

Hi everyone!!!

Dogdays- good luck on your surgery.. praying for a quick recovery.

Lai- where are you in Illinois?

I was in Iowa the last 2 days and now in Illinois for my stepfather's high school reunion. We head back to Kansas tomorrow. I'm ready to get back to my husband, furbabies, and my bed Everyone have a great Saturday!
teacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #19  
Nutritarian

S/C/G: 289/257.8/125

Height: 5'4"

Weekly weigh-in #12: 255.2 pounds (same as yesterday)
Last week minus this week: 1.0 pounds
Total lost since start: 33.6 pounds
Average loss per week: 2.8 pounds
Weight to reach Mini-Goal #2: 21.3 pounds
Estimated date to reach mini goal#2: Sept 1, 2012 (based on current average)
Estimated date to reach end goal: July 14, 2013 (based on current average)

As much as I want to get away from math, it's like it's ingrained in me lol.
Dad = PhD Mechanical Engineering
Mom = Masters in business and accounting
Brother = working on PhD in nanotechnology (and some other smart crap about metal alloys)
Me = associate in graphic design
Laifierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #20  
Nutritarian

Teacher, I live in Peoria =)
Old 07-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 259/250/145

Height: 5'3

13 pounds away from one-derland!
scarletlily23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #22  
south beach dieter

keep it going scarlet
Old 07-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #23  
Nutritarian

A new low today of 254.8 Down .4 since yesterday and a total of 34 overall
Old 07-08-2012, 08:57 AM   #24  
south beach dieter

ok i got a dilemma: this morning the scale showed +.88 . yesterday i did the elip , 1 h and 10 of walk(6 km). can that influence in negative the weight? i was expecting today to be less not more in weight!!!!!! tell me i am not going mad
Old 07-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #25  
Nutritarian

Irena, when I first started hiking, my weight loss actually slowed a lot and I did gain some. That is partly from muscle increase and water retention from the use of your muscles. Once your body gets used to continuous exercise, you'll notice the weight start going down more than up.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:17 AM   #26  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdaysofdiets View Post
Jen - saw your post from last night. I'm sorry you're feeling so stressed by home and school. I hope work goes well for you today - don't be nervous, I'm sure your nurse manager will be helpful and supportive. Sorry to hear about your little man getting bitten by bugs.

ItsMy - I have a quick question for you related to modern day knee surgery recovery. As you know, my last knee surgeries were nearly two decades ago.... My surgeon ordered an iceless compression machine. My insurance covers it, so I agreed and the medical supply company is dropping it off tomorrow afternoon. Do you have any experience with these machines? Obviously, this technology wasn't around for my last experiences (used old fashioned ice packs). My nurse mother says they're really effective. If you are familiar, how annoying was the machine? I hate the idea of being tethered to something...I'm a terrible patient.

Finally back down a little on the scale this morning, so now I'm only up one pound from my weekend picnic food. No big plans for today - will probably spend the day in the pool with DH and the kids. It's supposed to be HOT and humid today.
Dogdays - Unfortunately that is one machine I have no experience with at all, not in-facility or out. Evidently not something utilized in our area? I will be curious to hear how you feel about it though. With Amber, she was up walking just 14hrs after surgery with help from a walker (front roller one). She has been using just a baggie with ice on the knee for help... and can never ice too much - it has truly helped her inflammation and pain levels. Hoping that machine will do the same for you? That's the idea behind it?
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:30 AM   #27  
~Star~

Irina - You did a bunch in one day, so the body holds water for the muscles you exerted, you are NOT going crazy It does catch up, promise. The more "normal" it becomes for you to do that amount, the more you level out. Once you progress in fitness level and increase time or exertion though, you will see another temporary gain. The good part though, you are boosting metabolism, you are gaining muscle that will continue to burn calories even when you are not in full exercise mode All benefits!!! Great job!

To all the new folks - Great to have you

Scarlet - so close to Onederland!!! Keep going !!!!

Dogdays - I guess the bonus to the new damage not being done until now is you are going to have the surgery to fix it and it re-enforces the fact you are making the right decision. I am so sorry you have had to suffer in pain though, glad it will soon be repaired.

AFM - Went for a run yesterday and it sure did help melt my stress. Going again today, but hopefully before it is 106 outside like yesterday. My arthritis doesn't like running once it gets over 102, things stiffen horribly after. Due to that, going today to try and loosen up a bit, and not going to push as hard, just get out there. Have my reading assignment I have got to knock out today for school and DD's therapy to do with her too. Hoping DH will do the grocery shopping for me today, so I don't have to try to fit that in too. Have an awesome rest of the weekend all!!!
Old 07-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #28  
south beach dieter

ty chick i rhought i was going cu-cu lol
Old 07-08-2012, 03:11 PM   #29  
south beach dieter

back from another round of 5.9 km in 1h 13 min. omg i was so thirsdy that i drank 1 l of water in like 5 min hehe
how is everyone doing?
Old 07-09-2012, 07:34 AM   #30  
~Star~

Irina - That's incredible! Great job! I did my run yesterday morning and abs last night.