My 1st week - 7 pounds lost!

• I recently started the "Eat to Live" lifestyle program by Dr. Fuhrman 10 days ago. My first weigh in was three days in at 288 pounds. Today I weighed and now I am 281!

I cannot believe the results! The only thing I have changed so far is what I eat and increased my activity only slightly. Walked/Hiked for about 30 minutes three times during the week.

Can't wait to see what week 2 brings me.

• thats awesome hun!! Congrats!! Keep it up!! xxx
  • Great job!! 7 pounds in 1 week is sure to keep you on the right track! Congrats!
  • Congratulations, that first dip is always nice and great motivation to keep the weight loss going. Keep up the good work.
  • What a wonderful start! Don't get discouraged if it slows down. You're doing a great job!
  • That's awesome! keep up the good work Like Rox says, keep on and realize it might slow down a bit, but you'll have consistent losses anyhow. GREAT JOB AND CONGRATS!!
  • Thanks everyone! I'm going to keep working at it, no matter what. =)
  • Awesome! Love your avatar, btw.
  • Quote: Awesome! Love your avatar, btw.
    Thank you It is one of my drawings from long ago
  • Awesome!~ even if it's water weight....I had similar loss and I'm on the Medifast program but I am not discouraged as I'm down over 20 pounds so far.
  • Wow congrats! I have "Eat to Live" too. It did help me to incorporate changes into my life but to be honest I found it sooo hard to follow since a vegan diet was 'out-there' for my family. It did get me eating more beans and nuts though and I do get guilty for not eating enough vegetables.

I think Dr. Fuhrman is spot-on with his research..but I just find his diet really hard. Let us know how it goes for you!
  • So far it's going great! I have had no cravings since I started it. My boyfriend will eat some of the things I make and he says he'll try my diet out eventually =) This diet doesn't have to be 100% vegan. After the initial 6-8 weeks you can reintroduce fish, poultry, and pork 2-3 times a week, and red meat once a month. I prefer to stay vegetarian through and through. I would do vegan, but my "splurge" moments are not vegan. By splurge I sometimes use teriyaki sauce or small quantities of other things that aren't vegan.

I am really starting to become quite the chef. =) I try to accommodate what my boyfriend wants to eat, so sometimes I am making multiple things at once. I made stuffed peppers the other night with quinoa instead of rice, and used mushrooms instead of meat, and my boyfriend liked it. Since I make multiple dishes it isn't hard to meet the needs of everyone. =) If someone wants meat, I'll make a meat dish and then also have veggie only dishes. It works great that way.