I have slipppped very very badly....

• I was on this forum over a year ago when I was pursuing my weightloss goals... Then I got pretty close to where I wanted to be, lost 50lbs, could wear sexy clothes, was feeling healthy... And I sort of disconnected.

I also moved away from my previous routine, started a new school program, and just generally became depressed and non-productive... Now, I have gained about 30 of those lbs back, and am feeling lethargic and sad...

I guess, its not because you are reaching your goals that you have to drop the ball... I am learning...

This just sucks because I worked hard last time, and it means that I will have to work hard again, and even maybe change up my exercise plan (last time I was doing 1:30min cardio per day, but this time I wont have that amount of time, so maybe focus more on weightraining...)

Anyway, I am happy to be back in the fold, I remember this community being a big part of my success, and I hope to maybe contribute to other people`s success too
  • Thank you for posting. I was doing well and hit a plateau that got me discouraged, then totally abandoned my efforts for a few weeks. I was afraid to see how much I had gained but this weekend I faced the scale. You are not the only one, and the important thing is we are back
  • Keep trying until you get it right - this is what I've told myself a million times. Apparently I don't get it right very often and when I have I just eat myself back into fat ****. It's such a roller coaster, not a fun one either.
    Good luck to you - it's easy to lose it but hard to maintain.
  • Good to see you back. Hope you're able to achieve your goals again. Get sexy.
  • It's SO much easier to lose than to maintain. I've been back in losing mode twice now over my 11 year weight loss journey. I will always have to pay attention to what I eat and the sooner I accept that the fewer times I'll have to lose the weight!
  • @ubs... I know what you mean, its like their is this self-sabotage button somehwere in me... Yay now you fit into those pants.... not for long... But this time, I am determined not to let it get the best of me... Maybe we can get there together

Thanks everyone, I know community is what I need to make this happen...

And i guess its Aaliyah (or someone who wrote for her) who said: "if at first you don't succeed, dust yourself off and try again..."

Thats what I intend to do!!
  • Welcome back! I've done the same thing so many times. Lose, feel so good about myself, and then gain it back

This time I believe I'm in a better place mentally and am viewing it as a lifestyle change instead of a diet.

I'm sure you will get back to where you want to be in no time!
  • I am so sorry to hear you have slipped. I've slipped very badly too... I'm actually heavier than my original starting point! You can do it... I'm coping by telling myself I needed to learn an important lesson in order to make it stick this time. Good luck!
  • Welcome back! I am in the exact same situation. The only positive about falling off the wagon, is learning from it.

We can all do this!!! Dust yourself off and move forward!