3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   I have slipppped very very badly.... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/256525-i-have-slipppped-very-very-badly.html)

miriko 04-08-2012 10:29 PM

I have slipppped very very badly....

I was on this forum over a year ago when I was pursuing my weightloss goals... Then I got pretty close to where I wanted to be, lost 50lbs, could wear sexy clothes, was feeling healthy... And I sort of disconnected.

I also moved away from my previous routine, started a new school program, and just generally became depressed and non-productive... Now, I have gained about 30 of those lbs back, and am feeling lethargic and sad...

I guess, its not because you are reaching your goals that you have to drop the ball... I am learning...

This just sucks because I worked hard last time, and it means that I will have to work hard again, and even maybe change up my exercise plan (last time I was doing 1:30min cardio per day, but this time I wont have that amount of time, so maybe focus more on weightraining...)

Anyway, I am happy to be back in the fold, I remember this community being a big part of my success, and I hope to maybe contribute to other people`s success too :)

HappyHoliday 04-08-2012 11:45 PM

Thank you for posting. I was doing well and hit a plateau that got me discouraged, then totally abandoned my efforts for a few weeks. I was afraid to see how much I had gained but this weekend I faced the scale. You are not the only one, and the important thing is we are back :)

ubskinnyagain75 04-09-2012 01:06 PM

Keep trying until you get it right - this is what I've told myself a million times. Apparently I don't get it right very often and when I have I just eat myself back into fat ****. It's such a roller coaster, not a fun one either.
Good luck to you - it's easy to lose it but hard to maintain.

shapedself 04-09-2012 02:25 PM

Good to see you back. Hope you're able to achieve your goals again. Get sexy.

Anssett 04-09-2012 09:29 PM

It's SO much easier to lose than to maintain. I've been back in losing mode twice now over my 11 year weight loss journey. I will always have to pay attention to what I eat and the sooner I accept that the fewer times I'll have to lose the weight!

miriko 04-09-2012 10:54 PM

@ubs... I know what you mean, its like their is this self-sabotage button somehwere in me... Yay now you fit into those pants.... not for long... But this time, I am determined not to let it get the best of me... Maybe we can get there together :)

Thanks everyone, I know community is what I need to make this happen...

And i guess its Aaliyah (or someone who wrote for her) who said: "if at first you don't succeed, dust yourself off and try again..."

Thats what I intend to do!!

Jiggles81 04-10-2012 09:32 AM

Welcome back! I've done the same thing so many times. Lose, feel so good about myself, and then gain it back :(

This time I believe I'm in a better place mentally and am viewing it as a lifestyle change instead of a diet.

I'm sure you will get back to where you want to be in no time!

nicolejoy 04-10-2012 06:14 PM

I am so sorry to hear you have slipped. I've slipped very badly too... I'm actually heavier than my original starting point! You can do it... I'm coping by telling myself I needed to learn an important lesson in order to make it stick this time. Good luck!

Jenn0507 04-10-2012 07:36 PM

Welcome back! I am in the exact same situation. The only positive about falling off the wagon, is learning from it.

We can all do this!!! Dust yourself off and move forward!