Baby Chat Week of March 9th!!!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Good Idea!!!!
    Well..Kaylee is realy having ear problems again..I am taking her to the Pedi today instead of Friday for a recheck..I had to spray the saline and suction the nose every hour last night..She was soo nasally congested that she would get mad and cry!!!
    She is drinkin about 4-5 oz every 3 hrs and doing great with the bottle...But is soooo clingy when I pick her up from my moms...It is me and her today...soo we shall see how that goes!!!
    I will report MD findings when I get back@@
    RR
  • Oh, sorry to hear the ears are still giving her problems. Did you or DH have a lot of ear infections growing up? Peter has not been sick yet, other than a little stuffiness, thank God. I hope he has my health genes, I rarely get sick (other than sinus infections).

Peter's been sleeping for a few hrs. now...I can't even remember when I put him in his pack and play, but I think it's been almost 4 hrs. I keep checking in on him. Of course now I'm on the computer, I hear him squirming...better go pop the bottle in the crockpot!
  • Well...her ears are ok..No infection..just fluid...Yes, I have had bad ear infections all my childhood-in fact..spent more time in hospital(pneumonia and asthma) than at home until about 7 y/o....Dh has bad sinuses...I think it is this crazy weather we have here-40degree one day, 85 the next, then 20 degrees.. I am just sick from the neck up!!!!!
    She weighed 11lbs 8 oz and was 23inches long!!! She is getting soo big!!!
    I went to a consignment shop yesterday to find SD#2 some clothes, and bought the cutest 2 outfits for Kaylee for $1.00...I am doing her Easter pics with bunnies in the pink one next Sat!!!
    Vicki
  • RR: Sorry about Kaylee's ears. I had ear infections all the time until I had my tonsils out when I was 4. I still remember screaming and crying in the ER 'cause I always got shots. Hope Alex doesn't take after me that way!!

Lauren: Yeah on Petey not being sick. Hope that continues. (Did you knock wood when you typed that???)

Alex has been a real whirling dirvish all day!! I was up most of the night (hence the 3:45 am message to Lauren!!) so that might have something to do with it. I went to bed at 10 but DH soon followed with his laptop and it was tap tap tap tap tap until I thought I was going to go insane. Then I asked him to go into the other room and he got mad and shut it off. Then I was irritated and couldn't sleep. Sooooo, pregnancy hormones SUCK!! I'm going to bed ASAP tonight. It's our hospital tour tonight so I'm excited (and a little anxious!!).

Have a great evening!!
  • RR- I had to laugh at Kaylee's weight and length...Peter was 11.13 (or .14?) and 22.5" at his 4 wk. appt.!! I'm very interested to see what he'll be at his 2 mo. appt. on the 20th. I'm glad she doesn't have an infection, but that sucks that she's still having problems. I guess the odds are against her with both your genes.

DH just said tonight that he hopes Peter gets my immune system, because he's sick again...sounds like Droopy Dog tonight, all stuffed up. (DH, not Peter!)

Karen- DH will learn soon enough that he can't be up on the computer til all hours...he's gonna have to sleep when he can!! How was the hospital tour? Where are you delivering?

Peter was great all day today, he was all smiles! Took a 4 hr. nap though, I was shocked...praying he sleeps tonight. Actually, he's asleep again. He had 4.5 oz. of BM/formula mixed at 7:00, then was really fussy with a gas bubble. He seemed to get that out, but was still whiney, so I tried latching him on, and he did. He nursed for about 20 minutes, sleeping a little in between, but it calmed him down. Then I was holding him on my shoulder and he started burping, then all of a sudden he puked all over!! Down my back, the back of the sofa, all over him. So I took my shirt off and just held him a little longer, and he did more. Finally got both of us cleaned up and changed and put him in his bouncy seat. He was happy then, and fell asleep. He's over there grunting away now.

This thread is definitely a good idea. This way anyone can come and read it, but they don't have to, if they don't want, and we're not bombarding the week of thread with baby talk!!
  • Karen- From the other thread... I don't remember exactly when I washed everything, but it wasn't too late. It wasn't right away though either. Maybe November?? I have such a horrible memory!! I'd say get them washed and put away now, so it's all ready. The only stuff I didn't wash was the bigger things, like 12 mo.+, because I wasn't sure if it's season appropriate by the time he fits into it. This way I can take it back if need be.

And I didn't/dont' use Dreft. I use Tide Free. He doesn't seem to be bothered by it, so I guess he doesn't have sensitive skin. I try to remember to not put a Bounce sheet in the dryer, but at this point, his stuff gets washed with mine half the time, so it gets a Bounce. Oh well...at least it smells good.
  • Good Morning!!!
    Work will be **** tomorrow if little pumpkin doesnt sleep...Starting Tues night she goes down at 8pm--wakes up at 10--wakes up again at 12:30, 3am, 4:30...dont know what is wrong except that her nose is stuffy and it freaks her..She wakes up screaming...Last night, it was every 2 hrs on the button...Not to eat, just to be held by mommy.....

Karen--I washed 0-3months first about 6 weeks before delivery...Last week, I washed the 3-6 months clothes for daycare...She is in 3-6 month onsies but still in the 0-3 clothes if there are no feet in them...I do them in Dreft only because I got a huge bottle when preg and then read where the dye free detergent is just as good.......

Lauren--Wow....He was bigger than her at 4 weeks?????I still think boys are bigger and they eat more!!! He is a cutie!!!!
    I think I will take a pic of my bargain clothes and post....Dh will have to show me how to get it from the camera to the computer!!!!!
    Vicki
  • Hi Moms-

RR- I have to see if there's a consignment shop around here with kids clothes. There's a couple down by work, but they just have ladies clothes...one actually has some plus stuff that I've seen. Bought a couple pieces, but ended up not liking them, they didn't really fit good. Learned that lesson.

Size wise, keep in mind, I'm 5'10", DH is 6'4"!! He's well into his 3-6 mo. clothes now...only a couple of the bigger 0-3's fit still. Forget the onsies, he's in the bigger ones.

Peter's been spitting up an awful lot lately. Last night he drank his bottle and proceeded to throw most of it up. It was horrible. I just sat there with him on my chest until he was all done, then cleaned us both up. Then he nursed at 10:30, had a bottle at 1:45a, had a couple sips each of bottle and boob at 5:00, and then at 8:30, he nursed for about 7 minutes, then threw a bunch up. I don't know why he would throw up all BM? I'm going to call the ped. in a bit, after he wakes up and I take his temp.

He's been doing soo much better this past week, since he's been on the low iron formula. He poops on his own, at least every other day, if not everyday. He's back to just his normal fussiness in the evening. I wonder if he's sick or something. He's poops have been liquid, but I figured that was just his system getting back to normal with the switch.

The photographer called today and my pics are in, so he wants to come over today to show me. Actually, it's the salesman, not the photographer. This is for the "free 5x7". Of course they'll try and sell me a package, and if one turned out good, I'll probably cave and buy some.

Oh well, have a great day.
  • Wow...never knew...5'10 and 6'4??? We are 5'1 and 6'0
    Kaylee is taller now than her sisters were at this point-DH measures and has always done it since birth, them every 6 months and dates it on a yardstick....
    I was thinking of Petey looking at those $1.00 boy clothes..Just didnt know the weather there and what size he was in..

Kaylee only spits up little bits very rarely...I know her ears are messed up when she vomits...Sorry Petey has the vomits..
    RR
  • I caught a good laughing pic@@@@@@
  • Hi guys,

I just read that you aren't supposed to use fabric softener on babies clothes. I don't want to dress my soft little boy in hard scratchy clothes!!

Lauren: Oh wow!! I think that sounds like a sick boy!! I thought BF babies weren't supposed to spit up much. That sounds like a lot of puking to me. Ugh. Poor boy. Hope he is feeling better.

Alex hasn't moved a whole bunch today. I think he wore himself out last night/yesterday. I checked on maternity leave today and it really stinks. If I take off any before the baby is born then it counts against my 12 weeks. I want all that time for after he is here. Guess I will just have to suck it up and work til he comes. I was hoping to have some time off to finish up washing clothes and stuff like that. Oh well.

Hope you guys are having a nice peaceful evening.
  • Karen- Are you sure??? Because I went out 3 weeks before he came, and 6 weeks after and I still have 6 wks. of FMLA left. The HR person told me that...not that I should hold much to that, but she was like, don't forget you have 6 wks. of FMLA you can still use if you want. I was like, don't remind me, I can't afford to!
    The reason for no fabric softener is because it removes the flame ******ant stuff I believe. I didn't use it the first time I washed the stuff, but like I said, now it all gets thrown in together so I use a Bounce sheet.

RR- That's a cute pic! Peter didn't do a lot of laughing today, so no pics!

Actually, the guy came and suckered me into a photo package. I'm such a sucker. I put up a good fight, told him what a rip off it was, and that he should give me a discount, but he wasn't having it. He threw in 8 wallets...what a guy. I won't even tell you how much it cost me...I really couldn't afford to do it, but they turned out soo cute. I'm gonna scan them in and see if it works. You know how sometimes they put something on the paper so when you scan it, it shows the company name across it, or something? I hope it doesn't.

Petey's still spitting up a bit more than I like. I took his temp this AM and it was 98.7, and he's wetting diapers and pooped tonight, so I'm not gonna get too concerned yet. We go next Thursday for his 2 mo. check up, so I'll bring it up then, as long as he's OK between now and then.

He's been soo fussy tonight, I've had the vacuum running on and off for the past hour! He finally fell asleep after I swaddled him and walked around bouncing him for 15 minutes. Now he's in his bouncy seat. This kid spends more time in the darn bouncy seat...thank God it only takes 1 D battery!!
  • Good Morning Moms!!

Here's the happy baby I know and love...and sometimes forget exists!!

Mr. Smiley...in his favorite place of course!
  • Well..first day at work and it SUCKED!!! It was soo busy that my 4 hour day turned into 7 hrs and then I was docked for the lunch I didnt take because I was not waiting another 30 mnutes to get my baby...BY 9am..my boobs were huge!!! OMG>..I had 2 patients that were being breast fed by mommy after surgery and that was a killer to my breasts..I had all children crying which made things worse..I asked to be relieved and was told "no one was available" soo I cried and was relieved for 10 mnutes to pump quick...No food until I got home..no water..THe people that I use to work with have quit and gone elsewhere..I guess I was emotional today too which made it worse..I am not gonna wean my child because of a job....I will quit first....

Kaylee did ok at daycare...I Had sent enough milk..only would drink 4 oz twice while there...took short naps and they reported that she likes to be held????
    The girl was concerned about her liq yellow bm's...I just laughed and told them that was normal for her.....
    She has been soo happy now..We have sang and read and she is just cooing..Now, she is sleeping in my lap on boppy!!!
    WEll..off to fix my bottles for Monday since I have enough collected already...
    Sorry to rant...but I just needed to!!!
    Vicki
  • Hi guys,

RR: Oh, I'm so sorry!! That must really suck. It's one thing to be prepared for 7 hours but to be prepared for 4 and get stuck for 7 with no breaks. YIKES. That's just not right. Glad she is happy to be with you now.

Lauren: Cute pic!! Yeah, I'm sure about the before thing. While we have some awesome benefits at my job, we also have some pretty sucky ones. Maternity leave is one of the sucky ones. From what I understand, each company can do it how they want. Ours will let you have the four weeks before but then you only get 8 after. I'm already worried about leaving him and he's not here yet. I want as much time after as I can get.

I talked to the lady who is probably going to be my babysitter yesterday. She sounds really nice. We are going to meet her tomorrow. Sure hope this works out well!!

Have a great evening all.