Craving Wine (just venting)

• On week five (half way through it).....but right now the only thing I want is to go into my wine cabinet and grab a bottle of cab, a glass and then head for my lounge chair and drink the whole darn bottle. Dang it, I really want some wine. This is the hardest part of my plan, don't care about food at all really but I sure miss a glass of vino. Just venting!
  • I am craving brownies does that help?? I have never been a wine drinker so I can't say I know what your going through. Did anyone say brownies???
  • I can eat brownies - Medifast brownies and they are pretty damn good too - I'm waiting for Medifast wine lol!
  • I'm a wine-o... I abstain Monday thru Thursday, but I have a couple glasses on Friday and Saturday, its my reward.
  • Quote: I can eat brownies - Medifast brownies and they are pretty damn good too - I'm waiting for Medifast wine lol!
    Sign me up for a case! I really miss the booze, too.

• i LOVE wine too! I just can't eliminate it so I budget in the calories for a glass of wine daily so if I really want one at the end of the day I can. I feel ya though - I have gone periods of time with none and I missed it.
  • Dolly - which is better the red or white if watching cals and carbs?
  • Quote: Dolly - which is better the red or white if watching cals and carbs?
    to be honest I am not sure. I really love red wine so that is what i primarily drink & research on calories. I do know red wine has more 'health' benefits than white wine due to anti-oxidants, flavinoids, & reservitol levels but i do believe it has more calories than white.

there is a lot of research out there but it comes down to what I like to drink most. so i just decided that the extra 'empty' calories were worth it to me. sometimes i'll have a beer if I want to shave more calories since bud light is only 110 or ultra 95 cal, there are some beers at 55 cal (gotta admit they are nearly water).
  • trying to find the exact calorie count in wine is difficult since they don't put it on the labels - i wish they would! I assume about 122 calories per 5 oz glass (most places indicate that is pretty fair estimate). I put my wine glass on my scale (empty), then zero out the scale then pour till i hit 5 oz. I found I cannot eyeball it because I AWLAYS end up pouring way more than 5 oz. My scale keeps me honest.
  • One glass of wine = 400 cal right?

Man, I miss wine too, I haven't had any in long time, alcohol in itself carries a lot of calories and I'm a weekend lush, need it to unwind the stress and worries of normal daily life
  • OMG 400 calories sounds way off but maybe for the whole bottle like 600 calories. Either way I do not trust myself yet just yet. I love unwinding and enjoying it way too much I think I'd go nuts and drink the entire bottle lol.
    I do plan to be normal though with my diet, I mean I don't want to live completely like I wouldn't in the real world. Like Saturday I did enjoy 1.5 beers at a planned birthday celebration (I sipped very slowly over 5 hours haha).
    Maybe after the first half of the loss I will start to incorporate wine again so I won't go crazy after I lose it all which I've done before, it's why I am here.

Oh and I'm so pissed about yesterday's weigh in ---- 229.4 if I recall and today it' said 231.4....which means my weight loss for week 5 was 2.2 pounds not 4.4. I think that beer I had Saturday "skewed" my numbers for a day. Oh well no more of that.

This week is a pure fast - so solids only my medi meals.
  • You're way better off with wine than with beer; beer is wheat-based and so carb-laden. I know it always makes me retain water like crazy, though I do miss it occasionally.

I'm abstaining these days myself, so I completely understand the cravings. When I do indulge it's a glass of a good quality red, but I'm trying to avoid it altogether until next month when I go to NYC with some girlfriends. At which point I will revert back to my usual alcoholic self and probably regret it when I get home and weigh ten pounds more than when I left.
  • "You're way better off with wine than with beer; beer is wheat-based and so carb-laden"

I chose beer on purpose because I was at a party and knew if I started with a glass of wine I would have walked out smashed unable to stop. I actually don't like beer too much and chose a darker beer which I really don't like, it was a way of saving myself so to speak but I do think you are right about what you said and you made me laugh at your last sentence.....so RELATABLE!